Here are 101 reasons not to buy Windows Phone 7.5
28. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i think its amazing they only get 16gb of memory lol, when on my sgs2 or my infuse i get 16gb plus up to 32gb expansion.
55. shy2papa (Posts: 221; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
So whats with all the hype with smoked by windows phone when the STUPID wp7 OS cant do all that, i rather stick with dead, poor Symbian than wp7 atleast i can do whenever i want whenever i want :)
180. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Oh yeah me too cuz I need all these features to actually make my phone useable!
Oh wait... I'm not a fanboy who is obsessed with specs. Also most of these are not necessary to make a good OS. And smoked by windows was all about real world use. Which most of these features are not needed for.
188. steelicon (Posts: 315; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
I'm sorry but as a $700+ USD (unsubsidized) FLAGSHIP phone, I expect it to do everything and have everything, including the proverbial kitchen sink.
A $385+ USD (unsubsidized) Nokia 701 running Nokia Belle FP1 can do more than this "FLAGSHIP" phone.
22. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
zZz... It clearly is some kind of special person who have written that list. Who else would take the time?
Some things don't even make sense to complain at, iike the Back-button not being disabled while in app. Hello, some apps actually uses the back button to navigate? And it's also used to bring forth the multitask option.
Boring, half-biased list.
61. SleepingOz (unregistered)
half biased? I'm curious how is this half biased? All of these statements listed above are TRUE!
You're the biased one who's in denial!
109. rnk.khch (Posts: 86; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
None of those are true!! You will realize that once you change the old-fashioned view of looking at phones. Everybody I have talked to confirms that WP7.5 experience is the smoothest, most effortless, and most enjoyable experience ever!!!
113. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Another, in denial, fanboy. Well, I'm glad you're enjoying your limited phone.
127. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
What do You know about what's true or not? How long have you yourself used a Windows Phone? I'm down for 1.5 years, how about you?
Every experienced Windows Phone user knows that a lot of what the author says is pure biased bulls**t that is just a matter of personal taste or just pure Wrong. A lot of things are true, but everything is not as black/white as he tries to make it sound like. He don't even give explanations to how the functions works - he just goes ahead and complains anyhow. And the dude is an avid Symbian/MeeGo user (NOT Windows Phone user) who is hurt because Nokia dumped his choice of OS and went with another, is that a person to "speak the truth" about the platform? No. He's just speaking his mind and personal taste, just like everyone else.
214. rocky459 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
Bro it works , i m using it :D :D
Its a biased Review @phonearena: Do sumthng of it :) :)
138. DechyX (Posts: 120; Member since: 16 May 2011)
While a lot of what he said is in fact true "all" of it is not 22, 27, 46, 54, 63, 64, 66 and 70 are false, I should know, I have a Windows phone
196. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Some of them are true, some of them are false; most of the WP7 fans will admit as much.
For you to say that ALL of these statements are true indicates two things:
A) You don't know what you're talking about, simply because not all of them are true.
B) You apparently feel more strongly about this than WP7 fanboys. Axe to grind there?
224. jnkAL (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 May 2012)
A lot of them are utterly not true. A lot of others are written in such a way that they seem like negatives when in reality they aren't
Also more refer to the pre-mango situation as opposed to the post mango reality.
36. RangersK (Posts: 63; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Did you read all of them? I'm just curious...
165. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya some of them i dont think are negatives... i like having wifi turned off when the screen is off because it saves battery and i like having one volume for everything...
72. Techsword (Posts: 31; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is very disapointing. I wanted a Windows phone so bad, though im waiting for 8. But this is a LONG list, and alot of them are very important to every day use. The kinds of things that are not noticed when using phones that have them and will be sorely missed without them. Hopefully microsoft reads this list and listens.
140. DechyX (Posts: 120; Member since: 16 May 2011)
don't let that long biased tirade be the only influence in your decision, go try the phone out before you take anyone else's opinion.
145. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 352; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Bias not withstanding, the list calls out too many deal-breakers for me to consider the phone, regardless of how it looks or feels in person.
225. jnkAL (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Well considering a lot of those things listed are not true, I'd take the list with a bit of distance.
It's quite clear it was written by someone disgruntled by the fact his OS of choice was abandoned by nokia.
227. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
it is sad how PHONEARENA lets this Victor Trolls WP just because he doesnt like it.. that doesnt mean anyone can like it..
i mean you really have to hate something to make a list about why you hate it..
damm victor you really not professional and seriously not etic making people trolls into a OS just because you dont like it..
some of them on the list IOS not able to do either like not having micro sd (even the sony xperia s, or the HTC one, and some new ones) you said not been able to upgrade? ok tell that to android.. the 4.0 have been on market for more than 6 months and still theres only like 4 phones that has it..
and really the list is just stupid.. but so you do Victor for writing this article that doesnt make anything but to make people to hate the system. and make people like Techword think again about gettig it.. thats really not necessary
i dont see any article regarding how android makes phones with 2.3 without been able to upgrade to 4.0 never ever... officially of course..
233. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Its true. I feel like when i read Victors articles, im reading from a complete ios fanboy.
126. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
I'm moving to Pocketnow.com
PhoneArena is now full of fanboyism
129. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
I agree. Posting someones personal butthurt-list as if it were the unquestioned truth shows some real class of the editors of this site. And it isn't the first time they've posted flamebait articles that not even Engadget bothered to post (yes, really).
Sad stuff. I'm outta here too. See you around.
143. steelicon (Posts: 315; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
He should get a hold of a Nokia Lumia 900 Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 device, record it on video while making his points, then upload it to Youtube.
That way, all disputes can be dispelled easily and thoroughly.
205. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
And yet it's still the best looking, smoothest/fastest, most stable, OS period!
242. DaveHawkins (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Been using a Windows Phone 7 for over a year now. I have ordered and returned an iPhone 4, and 2 Adroids. This is the best phone I have ever owned.
Limitations aside, it truly is the best overall experience I have ever had with a phone, be it smart phone or other. I am not talking about geek features that can be argued until the cows come home, I am talking about actually using the device since Spring of 2011.
Not only am I a convert, I am so looking forward to Windows Phone 8!
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Thats very brutal PhoneArena, but I still have a question. How do most Windows Phones have very high consumer satisfaction ratings yet they lack all these features? I really hope Microsoft fixes all the above in WP8.
5. feelman666 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 May 2012)
i have wp7.5
let us not forget that iphone4s doesnt even have sms delivery notification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also on wp7.5 i have all i need. metro browser plays all flash videos and htc video app plays all youtubes.....you mad bro?
56. HTCFreak (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
No, but the iPhone has a notification when your sms has been read with is much better.
118. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
are you joking?? Is possible to turn this privacy issue off?
132. feelman666 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 May 2012)
nooooooooooooooooooooooo! that is only for the voip app that needs internet access....
it is people like you that make the internet a horrid place. false info spreading
163. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
me? I didnt write the post about "read sms" I didnt know it :-D
it is people like you we have fun of :)
178. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Haha you're damn right !!!
WP8 will rule soon.
15. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
The Bitter truth always seem brutal.. this is a great article.. i am gonna print this and show it to my WP friends!!
Yeah i said previously that WP is a great OS (it still is) but Microsoft has just put in too many limitations!!! hate the one especially the need to stick to Zune...
226. jnkAL (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Well go ahead and they'll laugh in your face. Because a lot of those features listed here are actually present on wp7 :)
18. Victor.H (Posts: 522; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I think that's what I start the article with - the platform is smooth and is developing quickly, no one denies that. What the list points out, though, are missing features, and not all of them are essential to users. For those that want the most features, though, this platform might not yet be mature enough.
26. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You're right but I if may point out that the original Samsung Focus is the only WP with a microSD slot, nevertheless its a great article though. I actually would like to see something similar about Android and iOS not just to start a war between fanboys but to be actually aware of the missing features.
30. maverick786us (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I too hope but doubt how they will fix so many bugs with just one incremental upgrade
179. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Ok first off, they're not bugs. Missing features. And only about a dozen or so are actually useful to the users everyday life. Most others are superfluous.
48. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
WE THINK® W8 will all so be restricted.....!?
243. DaveHawkins (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
On the other hand, ask yourself, this: If satisfaction is so high, do any of these issues really matter? I don't get how satisfied customers should flush their satisfaction just to get some gidget feature that someone things is so fantabulous.
I am not trading in my TV just because it doesn't have every strain of 3D on it. I use the version it has and am quite happy that it give me some eye candy. I don't trade in my car every five minutes because it doesn't have a certain kind of tire or whatever, I keep it because it is reliable. IF it wasn't, I would get rid of it in favor of something else.
Have you ever played a game and found it fun but someone feels they have to whine about it continuously? What I like in games is that everyone has figured out that someone will pout no matter what. So when that happens, you have a squelch button...
3. Credo (Posts: 704; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
so what ?? i still love Windows Phone, Android and iOS are both also not perfect ;)
52. frydaexiii (Posts: 1333; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Android's weakness would be that manufacturers insisting on putting their custom skins on it and take a hell long time to do it, plus more openness means more malware (which unless you're an idiot and download Angry B1rds from R0v1o, you probably won't get it).
iOS's is almost the same as this list, but having a whole array of quality apps probably make up for half of it.
87. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
custom UI is far from a weakness..lol
111. frydaexiii (Posts: 1333; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No, taking a damn long time to put it on Android is.
82. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Of course they're not "perfect" Mercedes aren't "perfect " but far better than a Geo Metro. Hope that clears it up for you, because the comparison is exactly the same.
6. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Dude.. I can give you 200 reasons not to buy a iOS device!!!
Well done in this article though!!
7. krapanss (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 May 2012)
To: PhoneArena: Now go and read this:
1. No true multitasking – apps are frozen in the background. - Although this has been covered a thousand times WP does have multitasking (fetching emails in background, playing MP3); the apps frozen in the BG are a way of quickly jumping from task to task without losing battery and Ram.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune will convert with loss of quality. Zune conversion depends on the output you choose (also DivX/Xvid are a thing of the past- what OS in the world supports them natively?- seriously I don’t know)
3. No mass storage mode. There is Mass storage mode but it has to be tweaked- regardless this is a WP “Feature” if you can’t live without it WP sin’t for you.. move on
4. No micro-SD card support. Coming in Windows 8
5. Only support up to 16GB storage . As far as I know that’s not true- there is no storage limit; just no current phones with larger storage- if there is then keep in mind SKydrive can be used as an alternative (not a true alternative but it helps)
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally opaque. Same point as No mass storage
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself. Once again same point as before- WP is a closed system, files can be shared through skydrive though.
8. Your contact details are automatically uploaded to cloud service whether you like it or not. -how is this an issue?
9. Limited to 800×480 resolution. - Newer resolutions coming in Windows 8- and it’s still a higher resolution thant Symbian which is stuck in nHD
10. No wi-fi hotspot. – Yes there is, the Lumia 900 and 610 come preoloaded with it and Lumia 800 & 710 are getting an update soon 9already rolling out) other WPs (sammy/LG) have had WiFi sharing forever- Keep in mind Symbian only allows Wifi sharing through apps that are paid (and I’m yet to get it to work on my N9)
21. Victor.H (Posts: 522; Member since: 27 May 2011)
The one where you say "Coming in Windows 8" got me smiling. This actually hits the exact point of this list and article - should customers buy WP Mango devices now or wait for Windows Phone 8. So, yeah...
Edit: And wow, are we reading a different list, number 10 for example is
23. Victor.H (Posts: 522; Member since: 27 May 2011)
To finish my point, number 10 isn't even mentioned in the list.