HTC Butterfly is official – international GSM variant of the Droid DNA monsterphone
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
This or the M7....damn Id love a metal based phone with 13 juicy megapixels :\
Oh and is this like the J Bfly with waterproof ?
44. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
For some bizarre reason i think the HTC droid DNA is better, EVEN though its not international.
48. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
add to that an aluminum unibody chassis and for God's sake HTC....a monster battery for a monster phone please!
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1529; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Butterfly?! I was expecting for htc to change the name for the international version. But anyways, I can't wait for this beast!
36. wendygarett (unregistered)
But this name suits you, hehehe :p
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'd better be seen with this beast than your iPhone.
Sorry, but i don't lie.
46. JC557 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
HTC should take this time to add another to the DNA/ Butterfly lineup: 32GB+ versions. I can make do with slightly less than 16GB but not everyone.
3. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
water proof is a standard in Japan, I doubt this one is.
29. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
this is watter proof..
butterfly is the best in the rest time.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I prefer the hard plastic construction of B J to this matt finish.
7. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
they could have used a wholesome name for the international version.
5. danny_a2005 (Posts: 119; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
HTC is a company that actually listens... The main difference of this phone and the DNA is that the international version actually has micro sd support.. You should check the specs in the official page of HTC.. Greetings
8. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
actually htc is trying to experiment with non removable battery and non expandable storage. clearly most people don't want that. htc is just being reactive.
23. Mr.Alawi (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
no actually verizon is the one that wanted non expanable storage for DNA so don't blame HTC for that ...while HTC butterfly is same as Japanese version which it have expandable storage
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1529; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
It's a good thing that they're listening now, the only other thing they have to do is to have a removable back cover
20. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol the HTC j butterfly also has micro sd... Just DNA lack of
43. danny_a2005 (Posts: 119; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Look at this... it seems it will have 3 colors..
47. JC557 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
D'oh... hopefully instead of adding a card slot (supposedly due to carrier pressure) they can release a 32GB model for the US then.
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Cant wait for it to launch in Malaysia .
I am buying one !
Why the HTC One x+ became obsolete so quickly ?
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
OneX+ was mainly for the people who wanted LTE with tegra 3. It wasnt a flagship merely an upgrade like the S3 with dual core krait to S3 with quad exynos + LTE!! Only they made it more appealing by improving the minor things to keep up with current flagships
41. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Not to mention you could use the X+ battery on the X... Ooooh, I can't wait to do the battery swap...
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand the hype of 1080p screen :(
What makes it so special?
12. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
its almost paper like quality (although i am still yet to see for myself)
and brilliant image reproduction.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
What I mean is you don't need that much of ppi tho... It might hurts your eyes, too contrast on a very small screen... Not actually can tell the different tho...
17. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
It wont hurt your eyes :L Why would it?? Why would they even go into production if they found out that such high PPI on a small screen was bad...and on a normal day to day basis on texting? No you wouldnt. But movies, pictures, web browsing ?? HELL YES IT WOULD!
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
oh now i see lol :P
19. ReddD (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Your logic is flawed there, if the image is clearer then your eyes won't have to work as hard to focus on it. 300 ppi is the max a person with 20/20 vision can distinguish at the usual distance you hold your phone away from your face. I forget the specific figure. however if you have better than 20/20 vision then you can distinguish those pixels or if you happen to be closer to the screen. In one of the reviews I read on it, it mentioned that there is a discernible difference between 300ppi and 440ppi.
26. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
300ppi is not the max a person can see with 20/20 vision. The figure is 952. Cult of max did a piece on it sometime ago.
13. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Any idea when it will start shipping and to which countries.
15. CODHP13 (Posts: 13; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Micro sd? Finally HTC learned sth... But I like non expandable storage if it is higher (one x+) and I accept non user removable battery if u hav got a big
juice inside da phone. (haven't seen this kind of phone from HTC) if u r giving more storage and more juice I luv that uni body system.If u r nt I always prefer s3 lyk phones.
16. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i wish they did 64gb instead of 16+msd, Internal > external speed anyday (period)
22. babyk (Posts: 222; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
You guys havent realised HTC dont wanna give the usa all it goodies the usa always recieves crap late and with not complete features. Simply becasue of apple. I hope this agreement with apple will push HTC foward to releasing what the people really need and the international deluxe is what im talking about micro sd card slot next will be removeable battery.
21. FAUguy (Posts: 77; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Interesting this has a microSD card slot, but the DROID DNA does not.
49. alouden (Posts: 216; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I have to believe that was Verizon's doing. I more blame them than HTC.
25. kevkyle (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
micro sd expansion slot?
oooh....the deal got juicier for me - i'll be waiting when it get's here in manila
or i might fly to singapore if they get it earlier.....fun, fun, fun ', )
27. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Goodbye One x and 3-4 months from now, goodbye butterfly. Nice knowing you. A year from now, goodbye HTC.
28. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
darn now i cant choose between xperia v , this beat and nexus 4..
39. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
HTC Is the best of the 3 but the real question is
Would you pay $200+ more for a bigger, better screen and microSD card?
40. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Well, we don't know how much the Butterfly is going to be yet. I would guess it'd be in the 600-700 dollar range like all other just released new phones. If that's the case, the price won't be that much different from the Xperia V.
30. Captain_Doug (Posts: 790; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
So I'm assuming since this phone is hspa+ it will get better battery life. Has anyone noticed how much the average battery life increases with this switch?
31. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Expandable storage, oh yes! That was my only problem with the DNA, but it was Verizon's request
33. waqarz (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Amazing htc has listened us, this is the King of smartphones
34. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
King of smartphones will always be the iPhone. Ask any gullible person.
38. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Ooooh... what color will it come with?
42. SomikSharma (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
See detailed review of this Hi-tech smartphone at my blog,
45. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
still wishing for removable battery and expandable memory.....
why is HTC pulling an apple?
51. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Didn't the article say that the international version will have SD card slot?
52. steveitxy (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
just a fyi
i have a htc butterfly j red yes it is all that i just put a 64 sandisk micro sd in it
work just fine no problems at all
53. steveitxy (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
i have a htc butteerfly j red form japan with a 64 gb card and i had a htc one x + both were unlocked but the burrerfly is exceptionaly fast and yes you can buy one if you want one just a matter of looking