Google ranks Fortune's best company to work for, Apple not even in top 100
As to why Google continues to be a place that makes employees happy, it is once again the company with the best benefits and business model that keeps employees motivated.
In this ranking you can see that there is no connection between the amount of cash and profits a company generates and its place. It’s all about employee happiness.
There a lot of companies from the mobile industry, with Qualcomm taking a notable 11th place and Intel at number 68. Interestingly, Microsoft falls behind all aforementioned standing at 75. Hit the source link below for the full ranking.
1. papss posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:53 11 0
That's mightily impressive. I would love to have those things at my job. Question though, how do people get anything done with all that goodness in your backyard
20. roscuthiii posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:10 6 0
I think of the Office Space quote:
"Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."
31. AWiseGuy posted on 18 Jan 2013, 14:41 5 0
"Question though, how do people get anything done with all that goodness in your backyard"
You tell them:
"See all this goodness? Yeah, if you don't get your work done, you don't get ANY of that."
After that, you assign them to projects they'll enjoy and are good at so that they actually *want* to work on the project. Once that's taken care of, you give them mandatory time off to work on their own projects and BAM! you've got a business model that keeps your employees not only working but actually wanting to work.
32. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:11 4 0
Id sell my soul just to be the janitor at Google! lol
45. juanyunis posted on 19 Jan 2013, 17:39 0 0
big lol, but yes i can imagine people doing that haha.
2. Sniggly posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:53 9 3
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Apple just to see what it's like to work there.
4. asulect posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:03 8 0
With Apple's security, even a fly would not be able to get to their top secret labs. I doubt you can even get to their cafeteria.
11. Mxyzptlk posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:58 2 23
Better than selling phones at a retailer who's losing market share every year.
19. asulect posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:47 2 0
Who is selling phone at a retailer who losing market share every year? Are you talking about that Sam Sung guy working for Apple retail store?
34. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:15 0 0
he's either talking about RadioShack Corp. or Best Buy
24. VZWuser76 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:48 7 0
Hey Mr Personal Attack! When did you get here?
Did he say anything negative about your precious? No, so what's with the preemptive strike?
26. Droiddoes posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:18 5 0
Is there no limit to your insanity? Christ man give it a rest.
28. Sniggly posted on 18 Jan 2013, 12:05 5 0
Actually, Best Buy's mobile and computer divisions do quite well for themselves. It's the crap like appliances and DVDs which are dragging us down. Even if the rest of Best Buy dies (unlikely) the part I care about, the mobile division, will likely survive as a stand alone spinoff. I mean, there are already plenty standalone Best Buy Mobile stores, and they keep opening new ones, so they must be doing something right.
Did I just destroy your poorly thought out personal attack? Yes I did.
39. jroc74 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 17:27 2 0
I'm just surprised there arent more Apple fanboys claiming BS and other nonsense.
33. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:13 3 0
and what pray tell do you do for a living that is so wonderful mr mxyjfkasfndgptltk?
And I work retail selling cellphones and I love my job!
14. andro. posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:13 4 0
Its quite probable that working for apple could be realistically called being under a 'regime'. The induction process must be mind altering, literally. With the market share for apple starting to decrease further across markets outside the US those unfortunate apple staff will no doubt start to be put under the knuckle.
3. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:57 9 1
Foxconn, please take note.
15. andro. posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:15 6 1
No but it make sure it's workers are under a considerable amount of 'pressure' to churn out iPhones
17. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:33 8 1
Funny, I didn't even mention Apple. Your point?
35. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:16 6 0
Mxyzpltk, shut the f**k up!
6. tedkord posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:15 2 1
Apple must have moved up the charts some now that its not headed up by a tyrant who stalks the halls berating and belittling people.
7. reyenrique posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:15 2 1
it look like apple is out of money to pride fortune`s ^-^
10. -box- posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:54 2 1
I like Google's workplace concept. If/when I start my own companies, it will be similar (though I had conceptualized such an idea after watching "Big" as a kid, way before google came about)
21. Fallout09 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:22 2 3
Do Google employees get to work in a cool futuristic building that looks like a space ship? No, dont think so. So suck on that Google.
36. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:17 1 0
yeah and on their space lunch they get probed personally by timcook and steve jobs ghost! so shut it! apple is a sh*t company to work for!
37. jroc74 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 17:23 0 0
I gave it a green thumb...I assume its sarcasm....lol.
44. BackHandLegend posted on 19 Jan 2013, 16:44 0 0
You just went full retard... you never go full retard.
22. gwuhua1984 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:29 2 0
Hell... I'd like to work for Google too... Gym, naps, you name it, they have it.
23. asulect posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:33 1 0
You gotta have good programing skills....They name it, you'd better have it.
25. pholocity posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:16 2 0
you guys have to remember they offer these amenities because they want you to stay and work ALL DAY LONG, point is they give you all this so you dont have to leave the campus...which isnt a bad thing
30. techguy22 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 13:01 4 0
i wanna work for google. gonna graduate this june. hopefullly i can find a cool computer related job there :p
38. jroc74 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 17:25 0 0
I would love to wok at Google just for all the perks. I remember reading an article about Google and other places that offered perks. I thought Apple offered some too? Or maybe that was Microsoft. I cant remember who the other companies were. I do remember some were not in the tech industry
41. dan86 posted on 19 Jan 2013, 07:36 0 0
No suprise apple won't be visible even after 500 as the list will on. The poison fruit will never be popular even among animals and we are humans.
42. GoBears posted on 19 Jan 2013, 11:40 1 2
Oops wrong thread. I thought this was 2012 most innovative companies ranking. Wait, it'd be the same anyway.
43. Jonathan41 posted on 19 Jan 2013, 16:33 1 0
Working for google is my dream job. I'd be a janitor for google.
46. bayusuputra posted on 20 Jan 2013, 01:27 0 0
So un"fortune"ate for Apple. Money can't buy us happiness.