Google Maps updated to 5.5 and crosses 200 million mobile users
The last change is to the public transit Place pages, which adds information about upcoming departures for lines at that station. Google Maps transit information is a wonderful resource available in 440 cities worldwide, and this update makes it easier to find information from a nearby station without having to search for directions.
You can grab the update in the Android Market.
source: Google Mobile Blog
1. nathanandroid555 (unregistered) posted on 25 May 2011, 21:42 0 0
I wonder if they'll make Apple mapa
2. nathanandroid555 (unregistered) posted on 25 May 2011, 21:44 0 0
I meant to say maps
3. Lucas777 posted on 25 May 2011, 21:45 1 1
good. at least google is still committed to maps... and ya, for above i do beleive apple is thinking of making their own maps thing... probably like nokia has ovi they will have imaps..
4. Lucas777 posted on 25 May 2011, 21:46 1 1
sorry... i forgot they changed it to "nokia services" or something...
6. Kev2000 (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2011, 05:25 0 0
Another plus for android,google maps is going from strength to strength!
7. Dingo37 (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2011, 05:29 0 0
If Apple ever did make maps expect them to be highly restricted by only being updated through itunes and don't expect them to be free. A 7.99 purchase price or something similar would be applied as in keeping with Apples money milking policy.
14. Lucas777 posted on 26 May 2011, 18:16 1 0
why wud they do that? maps are a core funcitionality... do u have to pay for safari?
13. Hawke9150 (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2011, 16:05 0 0
Kinda of nice that in a Blog for Wireless, we have people who are trying to sell clothing and thier accessories.