German retailer shows November 1st launch for Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820
Of course, a German launch date of November 1st for the new Windows Phone 8 Nokia models might translate into a different release date in the states. On Friday, a leaked T-Mobile roadmap revealed an November 14th launch date for the HTC Windows Phone 8X. So far, we don't have an official or unofficial launch date for the Samsung ATIV S.
MediaMarkt is accepting pre-orders for both the Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 on its website. You can access it by clicking on the sourcelink below.
source: MediaMarkt (translated), WPArea.de (translated) via WMPoweruser
2. zeMOo (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Will Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 come to Europe or SIM free in America ??
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Will anyone be buying or getting this phone....?
4. Dilmah (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
maybe 920, lumia 820 is too overpriced with mid range hardware.....
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Difficult to make a big impact if earlier Lumiia with mango/tango was any indication and whatever market Nokia has remaining will be wiped clean by direct entry of M$ with their own phone as M$ can offer any discounts to grab an order in corporate segment.
5. threed61 (Posts: 140; Member since: 27 May 2011)
$840 is too high for a company trying to make a comeback.
10. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
it wont be that high in the us, its just that the dollar is wery weak right now and the exchange rate havnt really updated in the last 10 years or so..
the price usally follow the american market. for example this device will probably go for 648USD, and 649EUR, and in my case 6490SEK (im swedish).
if the world was fair it would be like 648USD = 500EUR = 4,337SEK
if they would follow the swedish market the pricing would be like this,
6490SEK = 710EUR = 919USD.
so congrats to all americans you rule the world.. well maybe not, but atleast you get your phones for a decent price ;)
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True said. Everything else is midrange. IP5
Is much better or the Samsung Windows phone. Atleast have and enjoy
16. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
how are they better exactly? all have there merits
6. StreetNerd (Posts: 726; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
450 euros for L820????
better pay extra 50 euros for the 8X
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And leaving the higher res screen aside, what does it exactly have?
9. StreetNerd (Posts: 726; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
- nice design
- SLCD 2
- better ffc
- better battery
11. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
and no SD card slot, better resolution or more storage? Which do you prefer, is your choice?
15. StreetNerd (Posts: 726; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
currently owning a lumia 800 and 16gb is enough for me
24. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I said the screen is better, design is subjective, beats well you know it s**ks and battery life on HTC is horrible. It doesn't have Nokia's exclusive apps, Nokia support, Super Sensitive screen, etc.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia and Sony love there midrange hardware on a highend phone.
18. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
How can you say Sony??
Sony delivers the best smartphones at competitive price..
But..Nokia has really overpriced their next gen Lumia devices..
19. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I guess its not just about processor .... It have also got brilliant camera ois which is real different from others
21. mrdoubleb (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Please note, the sales tax in Germany is 19%, so the Lumia 920 is €545 ($700) + tax, while the 820 is €380 ($500) + tax @ Media Markt (Germany's Best Buy).
Still, the 920 must not be more expensive than the S3 if they want it to be successful.
On that note, the lowest price I could find is €500 ($650) + tax for the 920, while the 32GB S3 goes for €470 ($610) + tax (geizhals.eu). Close enough for a pre-order price.
What matters is operator pricing, though...
25. Andy_QQ (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
Damn Excited to get my Hands on LUMIA 920 ;)