Galaxy SIII gets new 30 second commercial, isn't taking pot shots at Apple
While Samsung’s artistic barista ads were amusing (at least to non-Apple fans), they also failed to demonstrate why their products were better. So far Samsung has chosen to eschew their inner pitbull for their Galaxy SIII commercials, opting instead to carry on the “Designed for Humans” they began at their product launch. The new 30 second spot shows people using their Galaxy SIII to celebrate a wedding, propose to a girlfriend, and a parent and daughter falling asleep while reading a "book" on the handset.
This kinder and gentler take on self-promotion is one we think is more sustainable in the long run – everyone likes a good chuckle at a competitors expense once in a while, but sooner or later you have to make the case that your product will make consumers’ lives better. Check out the ad below to to decide if they have succeeded:
2. thedarkside posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:25 2 21
propose to a gf? seriously? i wont almost put money on it that she would say no.
9. whothisperson posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:00 3 0
What if that girl is a techy, she may find him using the technology in such a way clever.
4. tedkord posted on 12 Jun 2012, 14:23 24 7
Seriously? A TV commercial? Apple had TV commercials, Samsung copies Apple again! /
18. spoks posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:16 5 0
so only apple can do TV commercials? they must sue everyone that has TV commercials then...hahahah. You make me laugh, Thanks...
5. kingstandup posted on 12 Jun 2012, 14:49 1 3
I really enjoyed Samsung's previous commercials! They were funny and I was always hoping Apple would respond. Maybe now that Samsung has taken the serious route, Apple will make a commercial taking shots back! We shall see...
6. RapidCat posted on 12 Jun 2012, 15:13 0 0
see this ads for a week after launch 2june in indonesia, but never see the detail moment like in the video :)
8. hova1 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 15:58 1 2
so you're tellin me apple alone must have tv ad comercials , dude you and your fruit company are so sickening its not even funny no more .............. its 2012 and your apple iphone cant even send a bluetooth file so pathetic .................
10. whothisperson posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:02 0 0
He was being sarcastic... sarcasm, google it. Also notice his icon, its an ANDROID.
22. MARKSPEAR77 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 22:56 0 0
can send bluetooth but only for iphone to iphone not for other devices, which made them being suck phone.....
11. EclipseGSX posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:25 0 1
Grrr its so awesome but I cant stand that physical button :'(
12. Sinaps posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:38 3 0
Damn! Samsung really knows how to make a convincing commercial, IM SOLD.
13. mercorp posted on 12 Jun 2012, 17:54 0 0
There is no need for this ad,selling it by word of mouth will save you cash.
14. destr0y3r posted on 12 Jun 2012, 18:25 0 4
Designed for dogs lol, cant believe that I see here being posted by fandroids.
16. Ridwan.yahya posted on 12 Jun 2012, 19:23 2 0
no, is designed for you (human)....so start acting like one and stop being a sh*ep
15. Ridwan.yahya posted on 12 Jun 2012, 19:16 0 0
i think Samsung are sill taking shots at apple here, but more implicit..with their Designed for "humans" thing...
20. rob5150 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:38 0 0
""new 30 second commercial, isn't taking pot shots at Apple""
it did right at the end.. says... Designed for humans.....
isnt that like saying not designed for sheep?
23. Scott_H posted on 13 Jun 2012, 12:00 0 0
They are talking up their own features vs. all other phones, so they aren't taking a potshot at Apple any more than they are at HTC or Nokia.