Galaxy Note 6 may ship with 5.8" display, 6 GB RAM and 12 MP camera
2. Nallaikumaran (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Sep 2015)
Old Joke, It's nothing like a, Damn iPhone.
24. SamsungPhanboy (banned) (Posts: 765; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
You do realize this can come off as a compliment to the iPhone, right?
28. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1329; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Well, does everybody look like an Apple hater to you?
88. sharks (Posts: 233; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Well, back on track... It's definitely not going to have more than 4GB RAM. What a joke!
96. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 9532; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
no it didnt. it was blasted for taking worse pictures than the iphone 6 models
43. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
What stopping them to make 6 inch note?
49. SupermanayrB (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
The lack of success with the Galaxy Mega.
59. azimesmail (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Nov 2014)
The Mega came in 5.8 and 6.3. Both were failures because they both had mid-range specs. Snapdragon 400. In 2013, the Snapdragon 600 was the high end CPU that was in the S4 earlier that same year. Then the 5.7" Note 3 with the Snapdragon 800 came out just 4 months after the Mega series.
Also, Sony released the 6.44" Xperia Z Ultra just two months after Samsung released the Mega. The Ultra had the Snapdragon 800. That could have very well hindered the sales of the Mega.
With the success of the Nexus 6 and 6P, I don't see why Samsung is scared to make a 6" phone. I'd definitely go back to Samsung if they had a 6" Note. After using the Nexus 6P, I love the screen size. I'm actually hoping the rumours of the Sony Xperia Z6 Ultra are true.
74. Clars123 (Posts: 677; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
one name for you .....Galaxy A9
and with how people love to bitch about phablet phone sizes knowing very well that phablets ARE NOT for one-handed use I dont see samsung making the Notes substantially bigger anytime soon.
89. azimesmail (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Nov 2014)
The Galaxy A9 is still a mid-range phone. Samsung could make a 6" Note. Just like the Nexus 6 and 6P.
97. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 9532; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
failures? maybe in the usa. plenty people with them in the philippines.
5. Biernot (unregistered)
12MP camera ? Welcome to 2015 Apple
8. Ruturaj (Posts: 1299; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
So much pleased that he gonna make love to himself tonight.
7. Ruturaj (Posts: 1299; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Nah, welcome to 2015, since according to trolls like you, 12MP camera was invented in 2015.
9. bangkoktomboy (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 Jun 2015)
Do we need another proof to see if Apple fan is a total moron? Well, the proof is already in his comment...
13. Clars123 (Posts: 677; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
i wouldn't say ALL Apple fans are morons..but he's just a really bad nut case
16. bangkoktomboy (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 Jun 2015)
I honestly meant "Apple fanboy". No intention to offend all Apple fans though
18. bucky (Posts: 2491; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Actually he is spot on. This comment was everywhere when the iPhone came out with 12mp
44. j2001m (Posts: 2886; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
It's all about the size of the pixels and the s7 pixels is way bigger the the nexus 6p pixels and they was big
23. Wiencon (Posts: 1826; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Actually this guy is a master troll, probably best on PA right now. Looks how every fandroid got pissed at him but when Apple released 12mp camera everyone was saying same goddamn thing: "welcome to 2012 Apple"
You just got trolled in really great way
20. Norris (Posts: 121; Member since: 26 Jun 2015)
You have no idea what you are talking about
53. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Comments like this prove that the comment section is filled with idiots. Measuring camera quality by megapixels is idiotic.
3. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
No 4k nonsense? Thank god it's not becoming a thing
11. Landon (Posts: 456; Member since: 07 May 2015)
True but for those who want this phone partially for VR reasons, I think it would be wise for them to produce another version with a 4K display.
78. ibend (Posts: 4251; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
it will come and become standart.. but not now
83. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
And 6gb Ram, we can install hundreds of apps.
4. sissy246 (Posts: 806; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
12 MP Super OIS Plus system, and will still take way better pictures then iphone
19. bucky (Posts: 2491; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
And yet you mention it here as a competitor.
10. fyah_king (Posts: 375; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
The phone of all phones! Iphone owners you can bow down to your king.:)
12. MichiGo (Posts: 173; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
Interesting. I guess I will hold off on the S7 then
14. cncrim (Posts: 817; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
6gb RAM? Come one Sammy with all the RAM in world you throw in there but not have system take full advantage of it then it just a waste.
62. tedkord (Posts: 10915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Since my Note 5 with 4gb doesn't, I'll just assume you're stupid.
102. durag1 (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 May 2012)
I have Note 4 with 3GB ram and zero lag. Have you ever had one? Probably not.
17. DnB925Art (Posts: 988; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I'm a Note buyer. My 2 year cycle on Sprint subsidy is coming up. Time to upgrade my Note 4 to the Note 6!
100. EvilDaveCanada (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Apr 2016)
Don't upgrade your Note4 unless you want to give up a removable battery.
I wish I could find 910W8 models still in the box to buy to have a spare for my current Note4. Won't buy another Note UNTIL they return to a removable battery.
101. durag1 (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 May 2012)
They are bringing back memory card and changeable batteries after so many complaints with taking away in the Note 5 and S6 series. I will not own a phone without SD card or changeable battery like apple. May want extended battery or if battery goes bad, save money and change out yourself. I have no issues with standard battery in my Note 4 and zero lag! Love it!
22. adsg48 (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Apr 2015)
Samsung Note series is a very special breed of mobile devices. Make it 6 inch and wider.
50. SupermanayrB (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Why? 5.7" display is plenty unless you're Shaq. You want 6" device, get a tablet, use a Bluetooth & keep your phone in your pocket. Or get the Nexus 6.
25. Hallyu (Posts: 334; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Samsung manufactures all of internal components by itself. This is how a truly innovative company works. I'd say it's the best company in the world.
27. miket1737 (Posts: 2413; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Hm they could get a quite nice increase in sharpness just moving from pentile pixel layout to RGB PIxel layout alone while staying at same resolution. red and blue subpixels are at 366 sub pixels per inch at 5.7 inch display with a resolution of quad HD...using rgb pixel layout will bring the red and blue subpixel count up to where green is at, 518 sub pixels per inch. This would make for a nice noticeable increase in display resolve and sharpness imo
65. tedkord (Posts: 10915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't see how that's possible, since you can't tell the difference once you get past 312ppi. ;p
57. SenorThrottles (Posts: 284; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
Seeing as the S7 Edge is gonna have a 3600mah battery, the Note 6 will probably have an even bigger battery.
32. natypes (Posts: 1086; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I expect I'll replace my Note 5 with a Note 6 when it comes out. My only complaints with my Note is that it's too narrow, wish it was more square like LG's devices and the signal is dropped way too much. My S6 did not have this problem, but Note devices have signal issues. It's not horrible, but it seems to just drop for a couple of seconds often,