First LG G3 press renders appear, showing the QHD flagship in all its brushed finish glory
LG G3 press renders appear
62. akki20892 (Posts: 3624; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yes black one is dam sexy.....and so premium like m8.
82. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes but I like the gold one and I dont know the reason :D
87. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
btw what is that thing left side of camera ??? depth sensor ???
123. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
light sensor for what ? night shots maybe
114. Diezparda (Posts: 214; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Indeed the Black One is way sexy while i have the same question with Zuckerboy, what is the thing at left side of camera? i still didn't like how it looks, it'll be better if it doesn't exist. I hate the symmetrical design at the back panel it's just weird.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Design looks REALLY GOOD even that I'm not a big fan of buttons on the back! Bravo LG! :)
27. maherk (Posts: 1133; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You habe to try them 1st. First when I saw the G2, I was skeptical about how smart the idea of throwing the buttons back, then I got a G2 for my wife and the placement is a great features for today's big phones. She ended up hating the phone for a couple of reasons and got a Note 3 instead. But from what it looks like so far, LG has built a monster in the G3, and although I didn't like it at first, now I find it one of the best looking devices. And while the S5 will rack up the best sales numbers, I believe that Sony Z2 and LG G3 will be the better phones, and this is coming from an S5 owner (I still like my phone btw).
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"You habe to try them 1st."
I already did that also I don't say that it is bad or so. But it is a bit weird and a bit awkward to me, maybe it is just not the way how I'm used to mianipulate my smartphone. I think that I would need a bit more time to get used and then everything would be fine. :)
"She ended up hating the phone for a couple of reasons and got a Note 3 instead."
"And while the S5 will rack up the best sales numbers, I believe that Sony Z2 and LG G3 will be the better phones..."
Agree. In my opinion Sony Xperia Z2 is already better than Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm sure that LG G3 will be even better.
51. tech2 (Posts: 2364; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yup. Design is subjective. However renders always look nice
63. MichaelA (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 May 2014)
I have a sneaky suspicion this phone won't be waterproof. It doesn't kill this phone for me, but I have lost two phones to water incidents (toilet & pool), so it is a nice feature.
54. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the black one is f**** sexY! LG indeed step up on designs of their flagships! im just hoping that they make any improvements also on thier UI!...im not a fan on the back buttons but this phone really got my attention. looking forward for a personal hands on on this device!
61. akki20892 (Posts: 3624; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
few years later we will see only screen from front view of lg devices.
99. MichaelA (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 May 2014)
What are you talking about... this looks like the G2 with less bezel. You act like the one plus one is some unique design...
104. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No joke. It actually looks like real metal, which is great, especially that piece of bezel on the front, it has that spun metal look that Asus uses a lot. It could still be plastic, but damn does it look good.
4. jan25 (Posts: 417; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Unlike Samsung, LG seems to be improving with their design. I would've prefered if it didn't have the logo on the bottom bezel, but that's not a big deal.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Unlike Samsung, LG seems to be improving with their design."
28. AstronautJones (Posts: 272; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Um, didn't Samsung do the "brushed metal look" on the Galaxy S3? Then they got killed because it was only poly carbonate, like the G3.
So, pardon me if I'm not impressed much.
42. tech2 (Posts: 2364; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
He has a good point actually. At the momebr we are not sure if it is plastic or metal (as far as i know atleast). So if its plastic with brushed finish, then samsung has already done that and the theory that their design is better then samsung's is incorrect.
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
AstronautJones says: "Then they got killed because it was only poly carbonate, like the G3."
We still do not know if it is plastic or metal so why say that it is plastic?
tech2 says: "...and the theory that their design is better then samsung's is incorrect."
About design each one can have personal opinion so how is it incorrect?
For example in my opinion LG G3 looks better than Samsung's design (at least what I saw in LG teaser video and in these photos).
Also many people complain about Samsung's design not because Samsung use polycarbonate but because design looks 'cheap'.
52. DRO_ID (Posts: 35; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
Brushed metal is not supposed to look glossy, that cancels out the whole look so Samsung had lines going across but it counted for nothing but a pattern.
59. Dr.Phil (Posts: 924; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
In my opinion, the Galaxy S3 had a very glossy look to it that was unappealing. It also depends on how much polycarbonate they use. Samsung liked to make their body components out of a thin layer of polycarbonate which is what made it feel so cheap. If they used a larger amount that would help give it weight and a solid feeling, then users may find it to be more appealing.
81. Taters (Posts: 3532; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Samsung philosophy is sound. The largest screen and best internals in the lightest, thinnest, most compact device possible. And if that means a thin layer then it should be fine.
The philosophy where you want the plastic thicker to appease those that get fooled into thinking heavier and thicker means more premium is the philosophy that is flawed and should be frowned upon.
Unfortunately it is the other way around in the land of Apple.
105. Dr.Phil (Posts: 924; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I beg to differ on Samsung's philosophy having the most compact device possible. The S5 was definitely not that compact and neither was the S3. The S4 should be the only one to get credit for being compact, and that's only because it didn't increase in size from the S3.
Also, as far as using thicker layers of plastic meaning the device is more premium feeling, there is definitely some truth to it. I have used several different brands of phones in the past and Samsung devices always felt very flimsy, especially when it came the battery compartment. Not to mention that whenever the internals would get hot from usage, it transferred the heat immediately to your hands. You can still make a thin device while using a much more stronger or thicker layer of polycarbonate.
111. Taters (Posts: 3532; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Eh? Noooo.... The GS3 was smaller than the One X overall and the 4.8 inch screen was a HUGE jump. It was pretty compact for a 4.8 inch phone especially for its time.
If anything, the GS5 was the only Samsung device guilty of being too big and that's only because of the really bad train of thought that thicker plastic is better. And even then the GS5 is much smaller than the Z2, HTC M8, and LG G3.
Yes you can still make a thin device using a thicker plastic layer but to Samsung the thinner the better so they probably just chose not to. And I agree, the thinner the better. I am not in observant enough to equate thicker as more premium. I know what is thick enough and the plastic Samsung uses is plenty thick.
71. TheDannyMann (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Call me crazy, but I think this phone will be a plastic-metal hybrid. It seems there is a proud metal trim ring at the edge of the phone. That coupled with a brushed metal plastic polycarb rear might make this build unique.
And FYI not all plastics are the same. G2 Plastic > GS4 Plastic. And that opinion is coming from a Samsung Fanboy.
106. Andrewtst (Posts: 360; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
S3 is not brushed metal. I it does not have that feel at all.
78. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3646; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's a fairly large logo complete with its own panel that is colored differently and finished differently. It seems like LG was all ready to knock one out of the park and then had some sort of ego attack.
Don't get me wrong, still an overall nice design. But customers don't care about corporate logos very much. Manufacturers and carriers should try harder to understand this.
6. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Jesus I have no idea which colour I want! I'll probably get the silver and the white
7. shrimpanzee (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I feel like the volume buttons look like mini speaker grills.
9. butteredjelly (Posts: 20; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
seeing no other visible speaker, I have to agree.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3219; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You blind? The speaker is on the bottom left... Though the volume buttons do look like speakers.
23. butteredjelly (Posts: 20; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I don't think anybody has said what it's actually for yet
19. shrimpanzee (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Well there is one on the lower left side on the back of the phone, but the teaser showed loud speakers, I doubt that small speaker can be really loud. Just an opinion!
76. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 316; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Yes. That is the best looking gold smartphone I've ever seen.
10. silver (Posts: 21; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
wow I want it
this is my next phone for sure
Bye Bye Samsung
11. luis.d (Posts: 198; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Seriously great! It looks like a Japanese smartphone.
34. RuiBacelar (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
My exactly first thoughts...It's somehow omnibalanced.
12. noldypinontoan (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Seriously! I love it this phone! I hoped it the specification can be powerfull like the model!
13. frankg (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Did anyone notice else that the loudspeaker seems to be have moved to the back instead of the bottom?
Or did my eyes deceive me?
22. nazyr1803 (Posts: 81; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
yes you're right..but that's not a big problem.
41. frankg (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Really? Wouldn't the sound be more muffled when the phone is laying on its back?
17. Caveman723 (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Wow! Just wow.. the black one was superb! Hope it had one of Samsung s.amoled screen but it's not. But IPS screen is pleasant for me too..
18. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I'm guessing it'll be 1 Watt and it's in the same place as on the G Pro 2, having it on the bottom would have resulted in a larger and thicker bottom bezel due to the increased module size
24. peace247 (Posts: 98; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Oh god it is sooooo damn sexy....
But alas way out of my reach....