Facebook Home may have gotten a system dump
1. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
not true google will not let this happen only for google +
2. The_Innovation (Posts: 603; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Can someone explain to me what exactly this Facebook Home will be? Is it like a launcher?
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The idea is that it will be an alternative launcher through the Play Store, which replaces your home screen with your Facebook feed.
There also supposedly will be certain devices that have it baked-in, and on those devices the camera and messaging apps will be replaced with Facebook camera and Messenger.
5. The_Innovation (Posts: 603; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
So not only do they know people's information online, now they want to get into their phones from the core.
Thanks for clearing that up for me by the way, I appreciate it.
6. Jurdiales (Posts: 133; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
What Facebook needs to do is fix their already crappy app... it's pretty, but not so funtional.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 3734; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Damit...I knew I forgot something today (delete my fb profile).
9. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
This IS optional guys. Facebook isn't forcing all users to get this. I wonder in how long Google+ will be stigmatized... Well people need to start using it first.
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 3734; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I use Google+ all the time. Way more interesting people and stuff to be found on there. No stupid pokes, and no lame games. Google+ is already integrated enough into Android that I doubt Google will ever see a need to make it the first thing we see when booting our phones. FB would be wise to make this an opt in option even with the HTC Myst, as I doubt everyone who buys into that phone will want FB taking over their device.
11. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I know I came offs bit harsh, but I wasn't trying too lol. I get tired of Facebook sometimes, especially with their "apps", but I've yet to have a reason to switch go Google since I have no friends on there and not really interested in reading posts room random folk (which is why I never got Twitter either). I just think a lot of people "hate" Facebook cause its a trend now. I still find Facebook to be the best network for my needs right now. And I think people who don't want Fb all over their device should probably just not buy a Facebook phone, which is what the aim of this device is.
12. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Damn, there are way too many typos in that post.