Chinese Galaxy S III knock-off looks almost exactly like the original for a third of the price
This here knock off of the Galaxy S III is brilliant - it looks pretty much like the original. Sure, it’s comparatively underpowered, a bit thicker and if you’ve seen the original you wouldn’t exactly be fooled by this here, but it also costs around a third of the price of the SGS III.
But while less powerful than the original, it’s not all that laggy and seems actually useful. How come? For starters, it features a 4.7-inch display, a 5MP rear camera along with a 0.3MP front-facing shooter and a 1GHz MTK MT6575 processor paired with 512MB RAM. All of this runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
But we can already imagine you smiling and wondering if it’d even allow playing Angry Birds without a nasty lag. Turns out, the handset actually handles even games like Temple Run, and the interface runs surprisingly smoothly. Best of all, it only costs $209, while the original SGS III is priced at around $650 off-contract. Not that bad of a deal now, is it?
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 239; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
1/4 the power of the original... nahh ill pass.
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1185; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Now that is a "slavish copy". Apple need to fix their english dictionary.
21. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2937; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Haha the Grammar Nazi strikes again. Watch out PhoneArena!
7. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
What does apple have to do with this
9. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Because Apple sues on "copies"
This is definition of a copy.
3. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
If its not a bad deal why don't you buy it? Maybe phonearena should do a review.
24. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lol, i think they should. Kwaaaaaaaaaaa!
5. ibap (Posts: 688; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
And I presume the SAR level will easily fry your brain?
This only matters to those that care what other people think when they look at the phone they are using. And they assume the onlookers are dumb enough to be fooled, and to care.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
may i see the drop test between the original and the k.i.r.f. version?
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Is it same old pentile screen? If not i may consider to buy it and try... I dont care it is gingerbread or ICS... It just worth to try... I see no lag with this big screen budget phone... 5mp is fine for me though...
8. akita256 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
"This here knock off........."?? The grammar of most of the writers on PA is atrocious.
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1560; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Will you get off the grammar nazi train. Did you even stop to think that maybe Victor is from Texas and that's how they talk or maybe he is just being silly?
11. MARKSPEAR77 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
phones made in china are disposable........
25. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So is my iphone? Cos it is assembled in Chinea, lol. Come on, really?.
12. mercorp (Posts: 967; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
If samsung files a lawsuit,I will not mind.
13. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
WTF!!! Apple is going to ban the original and allow the fake one enter to US market??
16. paulyyd (Posts: 326; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol I guess people don't know how to read. Clearly says China like 4 times in the article
26. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I'm against my own race? lol
I was just tryin' to express this:
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 618; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Holy smoke 1/4 the RAM, guess this a disposable phone. Seriously China is the land of copy, and for some reason it is allowed by the government. Now that is patriotism to the max. You guys should see the knock off video game systems, from the Nintendo Polystation by Namco to the Game Box, stuff will have you laughing your derriere off.
19. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
China again what the hell,chinese mobile no1 in duplicacy
22. jakeeramesajero (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
chinese..chinese..chinese...if they will not control CHINA...the next thing will know they already have duplicate copy of OBAMA....lol..Land of the CopyCut...
27. Forsaken77 (Posts: 547; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
If China is on the rise in the global economy, why can't they get past making cheap junk knockoffs? I don't understand why any company would do business with a place that blatantly steals your products. That's why they're up and coming... because they don't pay for anything, they steal it!!!