Chinese Galaxy S III knock-off looks almost exactly like the original for a third of the price
This here knock off of the Galaxy S III is brilliant - it looks pretty much like the original. Sure, it’s comparatively underpowered, a bit thicker and if you’ve seen the original you wouldn’t exactly be fooled by this here, but it also costs around a third of the price of the SGS III.
But while less powerful than the original, it’s not all that laggy and seems actually useful. How come? For starters, it features a 4.7-inch display, a 5MP rear camera along with a 0.3MP front-facing shooter and a 1GHz MTK MT6575 processor paired with 512MB RAM. All of this runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
But we can already imagine you smiling and wondering if it’d even allow playing Angry Birds without a nasty lag. Turns out, the handset actually handles even games like Temple Run, and the interface runs surprisingly smoothly. Best of all, it only costs $209, while the original SGS III is priced at around $650 off-contract. Not that bad of a deal now, is it?
2. frydaexiii posted on 10 Jul 2012, 05:53 6
Now that is a "slavish copy". Apple need to fix their english dictionary.
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 10 Jul 2012, 17:46 1
Haha the Grammar Nazi strikes again. Watch out PhoneArena!
9. p0rkguy posted on 10 Jul 2012, 07:13 2
Because Apple sues on "copies"
This is definition of a copy.
15. sithman (banned) posted on 10 Jul 2012, 08:54 2
3. PackMan posted on 10 Jul 2012, 06:02 5
If its not a bad deal why don't you buy it? Maybe phonearena should do a review.
5. ibap posted on 10 Jul 2012, 06:29 0
And I presume the SAR level will easily fry your brain?
This only matters to those that care what other people think when they look at the phone they are using. And they assume the onlookers are dumb enough to be fooled, and to care.
6. wendygarett posted on 10 Jul 2012, 06:32 4
may i see the drop test between the original and the k.i.r.f. version?
10. wendygarett posted on 10 Jul 2012, 07:17 3
Is it same old pentile screen? If not i may consider to buy it and try... I dont care it is gingerbread or ICS... It just worth to try... I see no lag with this big screen budget phone... 5mp is fine for me though...
8. akita256 posted on 10 Jul 2012, 07:11 1
"This here knock off........."?? The grammar of most of the writers on PA is atrocious.
20. EclipseGSX posted on 10 Jul 2012, 10:48 2
Will you get off the grammar nazi train. Did you even stop to think that maybe Victor is from Texas and that's how they talk or maybe he is just being silly?
25. SlimSoulja86 posted on 11 Jul 2012, 04:09 0
So is my iphone? Cos it is assembled in Chinea, lol. Come on, really?.
13. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 10 Jul 2012, 07:48 0
WTF!!! Apple is going to ban the original and allow the fake one enter to US market??
16. paulyyd posted on 10 Jul 2012, 09:01 0
Lol I guess people don't know how to read. Clearly says China like 4 times in the article
26. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 11 Jul 2012, 07:44 0
I'm against my own race? lol
I was just tryin' to express this:
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 10 Jul 2012, 09:03 0
Holy smoke 1/4 the RAM, guess this a disposable phone. Seriously China is the land of copy, and for some reason it is allowed by the government. Now that is patriotism to the max. You guys should see the knock off video game systems, from the Nintendo Polystation by Namco to the Game Box, stuff will have you laughing your derriere off.
19. Mube1 posted on 10 Jul 2012, 10:05 1
China again what the hell,chinese mobile no1 in duplicacy
22. jakeeramesajero posted on 10 Jul 2012, 20:15 1
chinese..chinese..chinese...if they will not control CHINA...the next thing will know they already have duplicate copy of OBAMA....lol..Land of the CopyCut...
27. Forsaken77 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 20:44 0
If China is on the rise in the global economy, why can't they get past making cheap junk knockoffs? I don't understand why any company would do business with a place that blatantly steals your products. That's why they're up and coming... because they don't pay for anything, they steal it!!!