Benchmarks show iPad mini 4 with overclocked A8 processor and 2GB RAM
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Wait, didn't Apple tell that the mini 4 has an A8x chip.
4. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Well apple said we have taken Ipad air 2 and shrink its internal to fit ipad mini. When they said that even I thought it will have A8X but later rumors confirmed it has A8. Disappointed to some extent.
27. vincelongman (Posts: 4111; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Its was already confirmed by Apple that it's the A8
Not really surprising since the A8X would too power hungry/hot for the Mini
35. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
He pretty much said same internals as the iPad Air 2 but smaller. One of them even said their 7000 series aluminum is their own custom mix and the immediately said it was used in aero space items, which means it's not your custom mix and most likely Nasa's.
So yeah, stretching the truth and lying out of their teeth basically. Lol
38. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
Man that's nonsense it would be better than A9..
2. Iodine (Posts: 1305; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Expect a 1,5 Ghz for Apple A9 as well, but much faster.
And 1,6 Ghz triple core for A9X.
And also 1,6 Ghz for A10 and 1,7 for A10X...
So predictable !? Incredible performance !!!
5. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
If you had even a little idea about processor architecture, you wouldn't be talking this trash.
Let me say this in caps: LOWER CLOCK SPEED DOESN'T MEAN SLOWER PERFORMANCE ACROSS DIFFERENT ARCHITECTURES.
Apple A series chips are way wider(not physically) compared to normal ARM cortex cores. Cortex A57 is the fastest core right now. And in one cycle, an A57 core computes 3 instructions. Compared to that, a cyclone core in Apple A8(not even A9) computes 6 instructions. Hence, a 1 Ghz cyclone is as fast as a 2 Ghz A57. The IPC is even lower for low power cores like the A53.
A 2 GHZ or higher A9 will burn the iPhone hotter than an SD 810, if they have kept the IPC same or went with an even higher one.
25. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
No , its not.. The Cyclone core has twyce the IPC as an A57
The part about "1 Ghz cyclone is as fast as a 2 Ghz A57" is an oversimplification ( there are other factor that will affect performance, its not just about IPC ) , but close enouth..
33. sgodsell (Posts: 3257; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
TyrionLannister doesn't know his CPU's or architecture. A Cortex-A72 core is currently faster then A57. Which is currently in some ARM chips right now.
Compared to the Cortex A57, the Cortex A72 core will be 20 to 60 percent faster when it comes to instructions per clock. It can also support double the cache compared to an A57 core. The A72 core can clock higher, with ARM touting frequencies of 2.7GHz, owing to the reduced area achieved by shifting to a 16nm process. Another issue that ARM addressed with the Cortex A72 is its ability to run at full frequencies for extended durations of time, a feat that the Cortex A57 failed to achieve.
37. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
There is no chip with A72 right now. They are going to come in near future but as of now, we don't know about them. And even if you consider A72, they will have much lower performance per clock compared to cyclone.
14. Mister-Z- (banned) (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Sep 2015)
Lmao, let's use Apples A8-A9, expect lagggggs.. Severe lags. Ios is a very light OS, while Android has an full desktop OS. Apples SOCs are scrap. Its very good for ios.
18. Mister-Z- (banned) (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Sep 2015)
Says iCult. I'd rather be a troll than being a iRelgion. Lowlife iSkms.
23. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
iCult?????? Lol I've Never Even Bought An iPhone Before. Like I Said GTFO TROLL.
30. Mister-Z- (banned) (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Sep 2015)
Stfu. You always give credit to Apple. Tone the voice down kid.
32. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
I Give Credit When Credit Is Due And The iPhone 6 Deserves Credit Cause It A Great Phone. Don't Made Just Cause I Don't Hate On The Apple And Their Phones Like You.
You Calling Me A Kid..... Please, Only A Kid Would Act The Way You Do.
16. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Ha, "desktop OS." Android is great, but I'd never use it in place of Windows, OSX, or even Chrome.
22. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Anyways, show me an Android product that can install and run full Adobe software including Photoshop and Premier, and can install and run triple-A gaming titles, and I'll reconsider.
26. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Eh, he'll just come back with something like "well, Linux can do all those things, and Android is based on Linux, so there." To which I'd respond "sure, LINUX can male a good desktop OS if properly optimized, ANDROID is not properly optimized." And he won't understand the difference/won't care. So it'll be a stalemate.
31. Mister-Z- (banned) (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Sep 2015)
I was comparing it to ios . android is more full fledged than ios.
9. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Or will be a good performer, in the upper tier.
6. kefalin (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
Well,only good thing about Mini 4 is,that Mini 3s price is gonna be lowered. Damm,i want that tablet
7. Ruturaj (Posts: 1288; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Only difference between mini 3 and 2 was finger print scanner.
8. kefalin (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
I know,but i want touch id and also i assume mini 3 will have longer support
13. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
You forgot the gold variant. Mini 3 has one and mini 2 doesn't. How can you forget that, it's the most important feature that Apple bragged about.
10. CreeDiddy (Posts: 607; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I'm anxiously awaiting for numbers for 6s Plus and iPad Pro
19. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Little love for little iPad...apple always stuff last year's left over into iPad mini...why not use A9?
34. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
With the resolution it has and smaller battery it would be an overkill. The A8 will perform superbly on that when iPad mini 3 with A7 still works well and I can only imagine how much performance and battery will improve with iOS 9 which main purpose is to increase performance, battery life and destroy bugs.
28. Trex95 (Posts: 879; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
iPad mini for Apple like nexus 7 for Google budget tablet for poor people lmao. Just kidding might be the reason if iPad mini has the same specs as iPad Air and iPad pro then no one going to buy an iPad Air due to the higher demand of mini tablets.
29. gaming64 (unregistered)
I think imma be enjoying this device.