Bad ideas: lady caught smuggling iPhones into China inside beer bottles
An older lady was offered a sum of money to be the mule for 216 iPhones crossing into Shenzen, China. Unfortunately for her, the plan wasn’t exactly the best. The lot, which was comprised of both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S models, was inserted into empty beer bottles that had been cut open, and then resealed with tape. As you can see in the video, they were bundled in groups of three, wrapped in a black bag, and put into dark bottles.
While this team of smugglers gets an A+ for ingenuity, it doesn’t seem like the best idea considering alcohol is one of those things that usually catches customs’ eye, especially 72+ bottles of beer.
9. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Only ish**p do stupid things here's the proof. Jaja
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
How is that even possible?
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1462; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
taking stuff to the country its made in
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
lol.its not apple`s fault. they were smuggling it WRONG.
6. stjcripes (Posts: 27; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
72 bottles of iPhone on the wall / 72 bottles of iPhone / Tape one down / Smuggle around / 71 bottles of iPhone on the wall...
16. MonsterBonez (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 May 2012)
this totally just made my day. best comment evur!!!!
7. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Next stop: convicts smuggle iPhone to prison, hiding it in you-know-where
8. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol thats crazy but wouldnt it be cheaper to just copy the iphone and put the logo on it and sell it as a real iphone.
10. saiki4116 (Posts: 375; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
too greedy else they might not have got caught...LOL..
11. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
What is it with China? This and people selling their organs for a stupid phone?!?
12. theBankRobber (Posts: 651; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow I completely forgot how small iPhones are, I mean they were putting 3 iPhones in 1 bottle. They shouldn't have used tape, they should have used some kind of glue to keep the bottles from looking suspicious at the middle of the bottle.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they should have hired that dude that puts those ships in bottles.. he coulda fit them in there without cutting and taping! :) :) :)