Bad ideas: lady caught smuggling iPhones into China inside beer bottles
An older lady was offered a sum of money to be the mule for 216 iPhones crossing into Shenzen, China. Unfortunately for her, the plan wasn’t exactly the best. The lot, which was comprised of both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S models, was inserted into empty beer bottles that had been cut open, and then resealed with tape. As you can see in the video, they were bundled in groups of three, wrapped in a black bag, and put into dark bottles.
While this team of smugglers gets an A+ for ingenuity, it doesn’t seem like the best idea considering alcohol is one of those things that usually catches customs’ eye, especially 72+ bottles of beer.
9. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:01 5 1
Only ish**p do stupid things here's the proof. Jaja
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 23 Apr 2012, 10:45 1 0
How is that even possible?
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 23 Apr 2012, 11:35 2 0
lol.its not apple`s fault. they were smuggling it WRONG.
6. stjcripes posted on 23 Apr 2012, 11:48 7 0
72 bottles of iPhone on the wall / 72 bottles of iPhone / Tape one down / Smuggle around / 71 bottles of iPhone on the wall...
16. MonsterBonez posted on 19 May 2012, 14:55 0 0
this totally just made my day. best comment evur!!!!
7. Giggity posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:07 3 0
Next stop: convicts smuggle iPhone to prison, hiding it in you-know-where
8. tward291 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:50 2 0
lol thats crazy but wouldnt it be cheaper to just copy the iphone and put the logo on it and sell it as a real iphone.
10. saiki4116 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:12 2 0
too greedy else they might not have got caught...LOL..
11. dcgore posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:34 3 0
What is it with China? This and people selling their organs for a stupid phone?!?
12. theBankRobber posted on 23 Apr 2012, 16:42 1 0
Wow I completely forgot how small iPhones are, I mean they were putting 3 iPhones in 1 bottle. They shouldn't have used tape, they should have used some kind of glue to keep the bottles from looking suspicious at the middle of the bottle.
13. remixfa posted on 23 Apr 2012, 17:50 2 0
they should have hired that dude that puts those ships in bottles.. he coulda fit them in there without cutting and taping! :) :) :)