Apple's profit share of the mobile industry on decline, Samsung picks up the slack (chart)
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1352; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple will continue to go down while samsung will rise to the top.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5210; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But soon, Samsung will go down as well (but not as bad as Apple) while Sony, LG and HTC (one of them) will rise to the top. :P
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1352; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If any of these manufacturers stopped innovating their products and don't give out something new and convincing to the consumers, then they would also go downhill
6. tech2 (Posts: 1882; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
On what basis you write that comment ? Most of the companies you are doing losses let alone generating a 7 billion quarterly profit ! and you think this will happen 'soon' ?!
If you have an opinion care to back it up or else it makes you just sound like a butthurt fanboy !
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5210; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, you're too butthurt aren't you?
You must know that a company will not be on the top forever, as tiara6918 said, "If any of these manufacturers stopped innovating their products and don't give out something new and convincing to the consumers, then they would also go downhill".
You really think that Samsung will be on the top forever? If you are, that means you're a person that thinks you will win forever. I pity you, bro!
If you hate the person, don't hate the truth as well.
10. tech2 (Posts: 1882; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. No need to put words in my mouth, I never said Samsung will be on top forever nor did I say/meant I will win forever. Re-read my post if you have some sort of reading disorder !
2. I quite agree to tiara's comment but not yours so stop piggybacking on someone else's point and claim that it what you propagate too.
3. Isn't it quite funny now all of a sudden you went from being 'Samsung will go down soon' to 'it will not be on top forever'. Why the change of tone all of a sudden ? LOL
Any-who, let me rephrase my comment for your fragile mind again. I said, what makes you confidently think Samsung will be overtaken SOON ? What makes you think Samsung will stop innovating and others will start to innovate all of a sudden? Without any backing it makes you sound like a butthurt fanboy. I merely gave you a chance to redeem yourself.
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5210; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
To be honest, your replies look like you're pointing a gun on someone's head.
To answer your question 1 : Many smartphone companies are strong these days. Samsung, is like sitting on the couch and doing nothing, just look at their Galaxy designs, nothing new. If Samsung keep on like that, it will be taken over by other company very soon.
To answer your question 2 : Yes, Samsung is innovative, since they have already invented 5G that is coming soon in the future. And I love their smart TVs, those smart waving thingys is just awesome. But their smartphones? NO. Same old design, gimmicky smart features.
And lastly, just to remind you that try relax, chill. Nobody is hurting you.
13. Tplus (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Don't mind this guy bro. I have been here for only 2 months and I can tell how annoying this guy is.
He never had something interesting to say in the first place.
He's just a samsung hater, attention seeker, pretending to be neutral, rephrasing popular comment to get likes.
17. tech2 (Posts: 1882; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
+1. Your comment sums him up, exactly !
No reason why anyone should waste time their on'em !
29. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
his comments may have hurts you guys, but there really is truth in it. stop reacting butthurt, its pathetic....
31. tech2 (Posts: 1882; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Do you even know the meaning of 'truth'? The truth is right in front of you in the graph above ! The truth is even Sammy's quarterly profit of 7 billion is more than the combined ANNUAL profits of LG, HTC & Sony.
Oh please enlighten our feeble minds with your ocean of knowledge !
22. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Lol, this typical samsung jealous hater is just simply acting like a butt hurt. None of those can beat Samsung, even Apple iphones are way way better than those Unknown HTC,SONY, Or that pathetic LG. hahahahha You;re delusional Jealous Samsung hater. hahahahaha
30. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"DON'T FEED THE TROLL"
A troll usually has little or no interest in contributing to the development of the site in question and is interested in some or all of the following:
-Deliberately angering people.
-Breaking the normal flow of debate/discussion.
-Disrupting the smooth operation of the site.
-Deliberately being annoying for the sake of being obnoxious. For instance, using abusive names to refer to all the members on the site.
-Pretending to be profoundly ignorant or stupid, gleaning some weird sense of having "won" when other users subsequently come to believe this.
-Making itself the main topic of interest or discussion.
2. Mr-Robert (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
Great Samsung For The Win. Apple heading down south For The Win.
24. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Seems like ppl are waking up ...& Soon America will too !!
3. agnoropy (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
keep it up
android the King.....
will kick all o.s
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2457; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sad for Apple, good for Sammy, but where are LG and Sony?
18. TBomb (Posts: 90; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Personally, I'd rather see all 6 of them between 15-25%. I think that would make for some great competition and benefit the consumer more than one or two dominating.
19. Ralston1983 (Posts: 65; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
Samsung must have loved that large spike around q3 2012, during which the s3 and note 2 dropped. I wonder how these figures we look once q3 is done
20. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
As expected, Great Job Samsung! And poor Apple, No wonder why these things are happening, its because Samsung phones are really innovative like their S-series, while Apple's iPhones, OMG are outdated,boring, and over pricing phones. WAY TO GO SAMSUNG! The King of Android Phones! Loving my GS4 And Note 2! :)
21. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Hey @xperiaDROID, hahaha just look at your beloved Sony, or HTC sales/income/ profit. NO INCREASED, Wanna know why? Its because their phones are not that revolutionary as Samsung Phones does and that's for a fact! And hey, your Beloved Xperia Z? Oh men, I just used that to wipe my butt you Jealous Samsung hater. Pray and pray probably that would help your love HTC or that Lame SONY to be on top even just for once in a year, hahahahah Oh,but that would not be easy co'z samsung has Millions of loyal Consumers around the world and basing from their competitors smart phones specs, i think Samsung will rule the smart phone race until the coming 20 years. Hahahahaha 100% Truth! :) WAY TO GO SAMSUNG!
23. 1113douglas (Posts: 189; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Thats wrong. Samsung is know the most profitible electronic manufacturer
28. xosman (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Sammy has more cadh than any other companies so they will be the top for quit some time