Apple to use a Snapdragon chipset for the affordable iPhone, taps the TSMC foundry
1. hipnotika posted on 08 Mar 2013, 02:41 13 3
apple is losing their prestige day by day.... what a poor movement..
rip steve jobs.
2. jsdechavez posted on 08 Mar 2013, 02:45 9 1
The polycarbanate or fiberglass iphone will surely copy the Lumia colors.
3. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 08 Mar 2013, 02:54 8 2
Yup, it will definitely looks like lumia with that colourful back, only different is the white plate on the front :)
15. xperiaDROID posted on 08 Mar 2013, 10:02 3 0
Does this means that Nokia is gonna sue Apple?
5. rusticguy posted on 08 Mar 2013, 03:54 4 0
Only after patenting the chemical that will be used for Glaze effect :D
4. Taters posted on 08 Mar 2013, 03:15 1 0
Will be interesting to see the sales numbers of a non premium Apple product. I also wonder if this is only for specific countries or world wide.
We shall I see. I agree with the above poster though, they should have kept their premium association rather than enter the budget market. It might dilute their premium branding. Although I guess their outdated specifications will dilute it eventually when people finally catch on.
6. rusticguy posted on 08 Mar 2013, 03:55 0 0
How much extra would they want over Micromax A116 for same specs as A116?
7. SEULATER (banned) posted on 08 Mar 2013, 04:09 1 3
Apple going on the low
Now using cheap Snadragon, commercial, not using, Exynos....
I wonder what will they come up with next
Its time to roll down
8. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 08 Mar 2013, 04:18 4 1
LOL, poor Apple.....what's next.... a $50 feature phone?
9. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 08 Mar 2013, 04:20 1 0
In a true typical Apple business fashion, they will going to cut all corners to make it affordable...I mean $400 -ish affordable
10. xperiaDROID posted on 08 Mar 2013, 05:49 1 0
let me guess.....A Physical home button again?????
11. buccob posted on 08 Mar 2013, 06:06 3 1
Now iPhone followers will beat eachother like they used to pick on Android users.... They will call the user of the affordable iPhone "poor" and "cheap"...
And it will be funny..
Its sad to see comments today of an apple user telling an android one that he/she is envy because of money... and assuming that the decision to use android was not base on choice but on economic situation...
Anyway I will always enjoy my Android... be it my expensive S3 (that was stolen from me) or my cheaper Sony Xperia acro s....
13. jroc74 posted on 08 Mar 2013, 07:56 3 0
Ok....what am I missing.... Couldnt Apple just use their custom chip....and just make the phone cheaper? So....going to an outside source...is cheaper than using your own? And doesnt using a different chip risk more fragmentation?
Custom Apple chips dont do LTE well?
14. roscuthiii posted on 08 Mar 2013, 08:37 2 0
Tim's gonna earn himself a new nickname in Cupertino. The Cannibal.
16. MC1123 posted on 08 Mar 2013, 16:13 0 0
uuuhhhmmm...why they'll use qualcomm SoC? that would just mess up with the iOS apps...
why not sell iPhone 4/4S for $199 off contract? that would make sense!