Apple says EPEAT environmental certification is behind the times, San Francisco plans to ban its products anyway
8. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
actually, its a great news for lawyers, they can earn more money now.........actually,i love apple for its patents and lawsuits, it creates jobs for lawyers, if there won't be any legal battles, then only the engineers will survive and all those lawyers will starve to death lolzzzzzzzz
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
this is sad, i hope it wont banned in all US
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9068; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It clearly said U.S. Government and San Francisco in the article.
5. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
You've gotta love that partially bitten fruit company...consistently arrogant.
15. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I cant believe Apple is really this arrogant. Although...I have been keeping up with their lawsuits...lol.
Maybe they are.
And the iPhone just started getting picked by the govt in the last few years. Amazing.
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Sweet! Karma is a biatch. =]
9. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
"That certification is behind the times, everyone just throws s**t away now-a-days."
10. bayusuputra (Posts: 946; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
look at the comments made by apple fans, some of them even said that he doesn't care about the environment, questioning what the environment has given him and that his macbook pro is all he needs to survive.
that's awesome, right?! I will trade the air, water, produce, everything! just for a hard-to-repair-and-recycle macbook pro..
typical arrogance of iFans..
14. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Like I said....even tho Android has fanboys...ALL the mobile OS's do....
Some iFans seem a lil extra...special.
11. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'm pretty sure what they said means screw the environment.
12. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What goes around, comes around. :)
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6797; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple doesn't even care bout the Environment. They prob don't even use recycle bags in their boxes or on their boxes
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The HTC One X's are shipped with a compressed paper like case with removable insert and paper sleeve label. I thought that was pretty decent.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"Apple products are superior in other important environmental areas not measured by EPEAT, such as removal of toxic materials"
I guess this was not read by fandroids everywhere
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 1883; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"...removal of toxic materials."? A list of said materials perhaps? Otherwise it's just another meaningless corporate PR statement.
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Except those toxic materials include the battery, which is GLUED INTO THE f**kING COMPUTER.
Apple saying it doesn't make it true.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is good that is glued. you rather have trown in the trash can like fandroids do..
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh god, why do you keep saying stupid s**t? The battery being glued into the chassis prevents it from being disposed of or recycled properly when the computer dies.
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 946; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
what we need is prove, not some simple face-saving PR statements that 3rd grader can do better.
I guess this is something iFans can't think about.
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1883; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
It's a corporate PR statement... did anyone really expect a company of this size to say, "Oh no, they're completely right; we're just pulling out of this for a quarter of a percent."