Apple said to unveil 4.7” iPhone 6 in August, another 5.5” iPhone coming in September
The next iPhone is expected to be called the iPhone 6 and feature a 4.7-inch display, much larger than the currrent 4-inch screen on the iPhone 5s.
The large-screen iPhones are comingMoreover, Cupertino is said to ramp up production of these two new versions of the iPhone 6 to reach a cumulative 80 million units by the end of the year. Let us stress that 80 million is the number of units to be made, while the actual sales number will differ, depending on consumer interest.
Apple iPhone 6 concept
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3304; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Both will announce in same event September.
26. Ashoaib (Posts: 1422; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Where is the iphone mini?? Apple should also make 2inch iphone mini for easy and convenient one handed use.... :p
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 1422; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Dude it's not called iwatch... iwatch is a wrist watch alike gear for your kind information which apple is launching because samsung, sony and others launched already... since apple is a trend follower so they are also making their iwatch or youwatch or nobodywatch... despite being a trend follower they are stupidly self proclaimed, the most innovative company in the world... others are just copy cats
3. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I guess Apple is concerned over their ever shrinking world market share...
42. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2594; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Hopefully only a decade or so more of incessant Apple leaks and rumors. By then they will be down to 5% market share and no one will give a F what Apple does.
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Take this with a bucket of salt........
5. Anshulonweb (Posts: 300; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I hear this rumor every year.......every year they say that iPhone will come earlier than schedule and at last it comes tlat same time of year every year....
6. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
This happend after iphone 4s launch also. It released in october and 5 was released in september. Cant wait
7. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Releasing it a month early....it will be full of bugs. So the 6s will follow soon after all the iDiots pay dearly to so their system and product testing.
8. HASHTAG (Posts: 137; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Full of bugs because it's released a month earlier? What if they started working on it a month earlier?
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Oh come on we all know ios 7 was released in june and how bug infested it was in iP5S, but until 7.1 after 10 months, many bugs were fixed. But still few bugs still exist. Cant see how it just works. My friend has the 5 and air, and he is frustrated.
22. HASHTAG (Posts: 137; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
And the Galaxy S series don't have any bugs with their inconsistent release dates?
23. wideallyphan (Posts: 15; Member since: 09 May 2014)
it isn't a competition, man, he's just stating a fact.
this fanboyism on phonearena is really unbearable. every single sentence by anyone, be it about an iphone, a samsung, a sony or whatever gets twisted into a full-blown discussion which in turn becomes just shouting allegations of fanboyism at each other.
get it together, people.
43. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
This is the reason I left this site. Rarely stop here now. It's laughable.
33. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Ios 7 was never released in june..it was for developers only , i have air and 5 and i dont see any bugs, they work smoothly ,
12. AfterShock (Posts: 2602; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This reminds of when pet rocks were the rage, what they'd do when sales went flat,..they glued on more rocks.
Moar icons, moar money, moar gooder.
13. sonisoe (Posts: 323; Member since: 06 May 2009)
the iphone 5s with a 4inch display is sold for $800-$1000 outside the US depending on the country.... imagine how much it's going to cost you for 4.7 & 5.5 inch displays... 5s as it is, is overpriced... just not worth it...
14. ryan5609 (Posts: 97; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
This sucks, now I have to deal with iPhone leak BS for another 3 months at least. I know I can choose not to read the stories, but they are always plastered on every single tech site. Every time a new render pops up, it goes right to someones front page top headline. It is just getting annoying.
34. TechDork (Posts: 215; Member since: 10 May 2010)
....ok? Mobile sites are going to post anything Apple related, just as they post anything HTC related or Samsung related.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
iWannabes will be mad like hell for the large screen iphone, and thus another record-breaking sales.
40. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
When will this Apple trend come to an end
17. techperson211 (Posts: 517; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Closer to being an ipad mini. It's really ugly that 5.5 supposedly iPhone. More importantly what changes do they have to offer ?
18. Adrian38 (Posts: 111; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
A 5.5" screen on an iPhone is completely useless considering the fact that the iPhone has 0 multitasking features.
19. AfterShock (Posts: 2602; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I would think the older users would appreciate the larger screen for reading?
Jitterbug is/has strong competition here.
30. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 86; Member since: 08 May 2014)
I use a 5.5" phone currently (Note II) and I almost never use any of the multi-tasking features. One of my biggest gripes with the iphones were that they lacked a larger screen. I enjoy the larger real estate for reading websites and watching videos.
20. fireblade (Posts: 660; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
ok.... the starting price is $1000. Wanna buy?
24. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Looking forward to this new iPhone. iOS + a bigger screen is looking to be a very nice combination.
25. HouTexan (Posts: 305; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
I guess all those people that make gifs about the size of Galaxy phones and all the people (iphone users) that cosign those pics are about to be in for a rude awakening; and will still buy the phone lmao. Hell, the size of the phone has been their LAST excuse.
28. alexboy20 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
I hope they don't plan to announce the 5.5 inch iphone right after the release of 4.7 iphone, that would make people really mad who waited hours in line for the 4.7 one who now wants the 5.5 inch one they need to announce both at the same time
29. xche78x (Posts: 100; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Wishing for a cheaper but large screen iphone, to lower the cost i dont mind it having older a7 processor, ditch the the fingerprint sensor, at least 720p display, ipad mini os ui aka tablet/phone combo ui, the ol 8mp cam with flash, better front cam, double tap screen to wake the device (most ios devices have broken/hard2press home/power buttons).... Oh and longetivity of an ipad mini...
Been itching to use a single ios device, ipad mini is still big to lug around, my old iphone 4s needs to be replaced too... And a large iphone is probably the way to go...
I use 2 phones so im still torned with T2 Ultra and Zenfone 6 but the latter is my first choice come june 2014... Better batt life (T2) $430 or better camera + almosthalf the price cheaper (Z6) $230
35. TechDork (Posts: 215; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I'm actually looking forward to the 4.7" iPhone 6! I like that instead of just making it taller, they'll be making it wider as well which will make typing more ergonomically fitting. The roundness of the body will feel really good in hands, just as the iPhone 3G did. I'll take one!
36. alexboy20 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
How is August a month in advance , don't they always announce the phones in August and released them in sept ? Idr
38. TrePharaoh (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
These people post the same rumors every year. When will they learn apples routine won't change?!
41. gigaraga (Posts: 689; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
So much for Apple wanting easier 'One-handed operation'. And with iOS's back buttons on the top left corner, good luck going back on a 4.7" or 5.5" device.
44. TrePharaoh (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Yeah, this is the reason why I don't think they'll release a 5.5 inch. Some people still just want the 4 inch so I think they will release another 4 inch along with a 4.7 inch iphone pro or air. I think the names will be changed to iPhone pro or air, and iPhone mini to go along with it's ipad line up. They may even name the 5.5 the pro, 4.7 the air, and 4.0 the mini. If they do create a 5.5