Apple iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina Display drop tests
Apple iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina Display drop and durability tests roundup Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Apple iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina Display drop and durability tests roundup
2. alpinejason (Posts: 260; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Gorilla glasssucks I would rather have plastic that scratches than this crap
3. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
it will shock you!
4. xfire99 (Posts: 414; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
That day a tablet/smartphone dont get the screen cracked when dropping like that on concrete and I say its real innovation.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I thought that day was here with LG's and Samsung's flexible displays. If you can apply pressure to the curved LG phone without breaking it I would "assume" that a drop test would not break the glass (or what ever their using) from a normal height.
9. xfire99 (Posts: 414; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Those are just are just curved display and not Samsungs YOUM or LGs "flexible oled display" (whatever it gonna be called).
=is+lg+flex+g+OLED%3F&safe=off &client=firefox-a&hs=Cb8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&source=lnms&tbm=is ch&sa=X&ei=GZ2GUumbJqvq4wSg24G IBA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&b ih=1010#q=youm&rls=org.mozilla :sv-SE%3Aofficial&safe=off&tbm=isc h
7. jeroome86 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
If you drop glass on concrete it will break.
8. KenJr (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Nobody is his or her right mind will carry around a tablet of any kind that is not in a protective case. My iPad Mini Retina will arrive Tuesday. I paid an extra $69 for Apple's leather case and cover.
How about a real world drop test using a protective, but not bulky, case and cover (for instance the one I've ordered from Apple).
11. Pancholo (Posts: 371; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I've seen old ladies taking pictures with their iPads - no covers - at weddings. I chuckle everytime, yo.
10. Pancholo (Posts: 371; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Better use some plastic cover to better protect the glass and back... Oh, wait.