Another view of the LG Nexus 4 before the announcement
We've already had the Users Manual leak, revealing a wireless charging option and we have shown you a 360 degree look at the device. The next step is having Google turn it from a wooden puppet to a real boy which will happen in three days. After that, it is up to you. Is this the phone that you want? Are you looking for a stock Android smartphone that should grab the next few Android updates at the head of the line-hopefully? The LG Nexus 4 will get off to a great start with Android 4.2 driving the phone. The word is that this is not Key Lime Pie but is a continuation of Jelly Bean.
We expect the LG Nexus 4 to be available off-contract for $399 at the Google Play Store which would make it quite a steal. So who can't wait for Monday?
source: evleaks via AndroidCentral
32. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Launch event's been cancelled...man that sucks now we have to wait even more to buy the Nexus 4 which will be available for a sweet $399 from the Play Store!
2. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Design is quite meh, to be obvious.
Y u no Xperia Nexus?
3. li0nh3art (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Its not bad...in fact, its quite good and better than galaxy nexus!
5. jan25 (Posts: 350; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
if it was going to be based on the Xperia T then thank God Sony didn't make it. an S4 + a non removable 1850 mAh + Bravia engine? no thanks.
22. adjou (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Well, they said the nexus 4 is based on the optimus g. Where is the 32GB internal memory? -_-'
23. jan25 (Posts: 350; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it's Google's decision not LG. just like with the Nexus 7. Edit: for the record, the
6. Lboogey6 (Posts: 237; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
it does seem a little bland but it could look much better in real life
31. wendygarett (unregistered)
Isn't that xperia t looks like a nexus for you? Lol
33. moronman66 (Posts: 150; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I dunno, I like the design of the Galaxy Nexus, and I think LG made some tweaks that make it their own to some degree. It's not the best design in the world, but it's better than a lot of other phones. I'd like to see the next HTC Nexus, I must say I like their designs
4. PowTheBowl (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
that nexus logo doesn't mix well at the back of the device, google logo might be better like past nexus smartphones...
7. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I dunno why people don't like the design of this neXus?
I love the design..
According to me,it looks better than S3..
What do u think guys??
9. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the front side looks almost similiar to the gnex ! if you don't wanna change it don't change it, what they did is only change the earpiece & proximity sensor location ! it uses a sim card tray which is not user friendly because you have to use sort of a needle to open it ! what if you didn't have it ? you're pretty much screwed ! thus the battery is not removable, what if you want to use extended battery ?
where are you google's or lg's designer ? did apple capture them ?
shame on you google for choosing lg over sony !!
27. cretinick (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
The Sony devices are coming with not removeble batterys as well. Or i'm wrong?
I Know that i never changed my SIM card, and my battery in 18 months with the same phone...
So, for me, this is not a problem...
14. PowTheBowl (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I think Nexus devices are making their own signature look in the front, just a clean front without branding and some signature design queues from the OEMs.
24. Aeires (unregistered)
+1 is what I think.
8. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
design...design...design, it's unatractive ! i literally loved gnex design more than this nexus (im talking about the design not the material), also the nexus logo on the back side is...awkward, the battery is unremovable and it uses a sim card tray just like the iPhone did, APPLE WILL SUE THEM!!! sorry google but i'll skip this nexus
speaking of which, who designs nexus phone actually ? is it google's designer or chosen oem's designer ?
google why did you choose lg over sony ? those xperia's line design is f**king awesome!
im wondering about the software update for the nexus 4, since lg is infamous for it's worse software update
11. PowTheBowl (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
OEMs design their nexus devices, much like they design their own smartphones. Google just tells OEMs what features they want for a nexus, and they approve the design for the OEM's nexus.
LG's infamous for it's late updates but this is an exception, updates come directly from Google.
Maybe Sony is for next year's nexus line, it might be awesome.
13. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
what do you think about nexus 4's design ? is it better than galaxy nexus ? (design not MATERIAL, i know you all are gonna say gnex is made of plastic)
15. PowTheBowl (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I think the GNex is better (for design), I think this nexus attracts women as LG's phones look like they're for women.
16. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lmao, nexus is not a phone for women! iphones are...
10. xfire99 (Posts: 347; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Too much dead space at top and bottom. Also LG is known with non existens with supoort and just hopes it will be not same with Nexus device.
20. joonyboy (Posts: 39; Member since: 11 Nov 2010)
We don't need to worry about if LG is going to support this device or not because Google will be the one directly sending the updates for this phone. We can ignore LG's software track record with this Nexus phone and that's what makes this an attractive one. Let LG worry about the hardware and Google worry about the software. Best o' both worlds! :) :)
12. zeidof (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
I'm waiting for a motorola nexus, it will have the best quality & design, & also the most powerful battery, come on google
17. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
bad choice Goggle!! LG is known for defective devices, inferior build quality and lousy support. Goodluck for you people buying it, just wasting your hard earned money. Motorola, HTC and Sony are a mile better than this company.
18. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
The shiny glass back is atrocious! Specs are better than GNex but this could potentially be the worst Nexus design ever.
25. Aeires (unregistered)
Opinion, I love the glass back.
19. darkvadervip (Posts: 260; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Nice but I'm tired of Android. Same features just a different phone. I'm going wp8.
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And WP8 is different in each phone?
21. taz89 (Posts: 1897; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Am loving the look of this design... Yes it's nothing unique but looks really slick.. Would have been tempted to get this phone but personally I can never get a phone that does not have a sd slot... I have one sd card which goes into any new phone I get... As long there are phones with sd card slot I will always pick them over phones without it.
26. GoBears (Posts: 278; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Same here. Never again am I getting a phone without a removable battery and expandable storage.
29. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
"LG Nexus 4 is obviously the worst kept secret in the history of kept secrets " Wha ? Really ? Did Allan F. heard of iPhone 5 ???