Android 4.4 KitKat for the Korean LG G2 shown off in a 3-minute long video
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're welcome, Chris. Happy to help. :)
Well, it looks like nothing has changed in the KitKat update, it's just the notification bar thingys has changed to white which is disappointing.
2. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Off Topic : If Kit Kat supports 512mb ram, Can my i9000 run it ?
12. Shubham412302 (Posts: 419; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
galaxy s has 200mb free ram in normal usage in kitkat cm11
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like LG, but their KitKat update is disappointing.
BAD JOB LG........
13. Shubham412302 (Posts: 419; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
g pro and optimus g are still stuck on 4.1.2
6. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Selling my G2 for the experia Z2 that's hitting Verizon in a few. Good job LG but you is boring!
7. lallolu (Posts: 413; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Do people want LG to change the UI just becauswe they updated to KikKat? How much UI change is there between stock android 4.3 and 4.4
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1324; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Maybe because their current UI is s**t, full of crap, you cant remove things that take unnecessary space and few more things.
9. hafini_27 (Posts: 789; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
So, any new features beside version bump?
11. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
I didn't say what i said because of 4.4. I know that updates never really change anything unlike the weird people that freak out about not getting updates fast. LG's OS is boring and i want something like Sony or Sense. Sony is bringing the Z2 to big red so i'll gladly fork over the monayyy
14. Ezio2000 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
LG's UI is boring and you prefer sony over it lol :D
15. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
personaly i think that sony ui is the worst ui ever...that gray colour just make the screen more bad,low contrast ui is very ugly...and it is quite boring,very less function
sense ui is ok, google stock ui jusk ok in 4.4,but very plain, lack some useful function that available in lg optimus ui(well i love lg ui the most)
such as slide a side,knock on,quick note,qslide,dual screen dual play,guest mode and more...
some will said the lg ui features is copy from samsung ui right? try look at old lg features phone,truth samsung is copy lg s class ui (which used in lg featured phone ) well features is taken from other OEM such as knock on,guest mode
but itt is good for us,lg made all in one device(well that just my opinion)
16. larryinokc (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Why does everybody get so uptight about the LG UI???? You can turn it all off in the settings menu, and have nothing but toggles showing. One thing I'm hoping is that 4.4 doesn't do away with the mobile data toggle like 4.3 did on the S4. That one STILL has me scratching my head! Great unbiased review! I love my G2, but probably won't do the update. I like the blue status bar icons, and using Go Launcher, I have the same color icon labels. Love the effect. Why fix something that isn't broke...at least to me.