Amazon now offering the Nokia Lumia 900 for one thin cent
The 1 cent offer is good for the Nokia Lumia 900 in black, cyan or white and while the unit will not get updated to Windows Phone 8, for now it remains the flagship Windows Phone model. Of course, the Nokia Lumia 900 has to compete at AT&T with the Samsung Galaxy S III which is priced at $199.99 on contract for the 16GB model.. The regular non-contract price of the Nokia Lumia 900 at Amazon is $499.99.
source: Amazon via WMPoweruser
1. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The Lumia should be free right now since they announced Windows 8. They should try to get as many customers as they can right now. It's a great device, but I would feel robbed if I bought a product for premium price right before something better came out for around the same price. Or... Allow a trade in program.
2. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
A reply to my post...
For example the Razr Maxx & the Razr.
6. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Did I miss read this article? Why would you feel robbed if they are promoting/offering this phone for $0.01 cent? Free vs. 1 penny? I know I'm slow but who's reporting in this story selling this device at a premium price? And surely if no one can afford the penny for this phone, yes they should look elsewhere. I was going to state I was offering my 2 cents, but heck that's would be too expensive too. :)
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Sorry if that seemed confusing. I meant that this is there price where it should be. No higher than free or 1cent obviously. They make it seem like its a steal. While its a great phone, it should remain here with budget phones.
15. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Well, at least we agree the 900 is a great phone. But here's where we differ. The L900 should not be sold at bargain basement prices. Nokia was trying to get people to purchase their devices so they offered some great prices initially to get "some" market share and to show consumers that they make great products. The truth will be told later on this year. That being said the L900 should be sold for at least $99.00. I have an HTC HD2 and that phone still sells for over $300 in some places. And I think the L900 is better than my HD2. IMO.
3. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
It is Nokia flagship, not Windows phone flagship!!!
7. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
urrrgh u dont know ur talking about
its clear the windows phone flagship today my goodness
13. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
It's like saying SGS3 is android flagship, yep is the best for most but I can not name it Android flagship, because you have multiple flagships running Android
4. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Amazon Wireless is a great place to buy a phone from. I got my Droid 4 about a month after it came out for $100 while Verizon was selling it for $200
10. DFranch (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Agreed. I got my Focus S for $20 when AT&T wanted $200.
5. akita256 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Who would buy it at any price knowing it can't be upgraded to Windows 8? Nokia really screwed itself with it. I bet they'll be throwing out the windows at people before too long.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No one's interested. Low specs. Low hardwAre. apps expensive than ios... Fail.
12. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Try it before you knock it. WP stopped me upgrading to the 4S. No regrets whatsoever (And you have no idea how many people have asked to see it, definitely a 1-up on the mass of iPhones out there)
11. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
No wonder why nokia share value going down the toilet.
14. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
They are going down the toilet. Hahaha. That was funny.