3rd party accessories not working after KitKat update on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
1. Teja171 (unregistered)
Bad news for Galaxy owners :(
2. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 178; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Apple is right, Samsung is following in it's footsteps.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1223; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
its the stupid id chips , Note 3 was the trial run , i guess they will block out wireless chargers and cables in the future
8. Doakie (Posts: 855; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Well as the owner of a Note 3 now I question if I should just sell my Note 3 and get a Nexus 5. If Samsung is going to be a jerk that makes me not want to buy their products.
9. E.S.1 (Posts: 286; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
The next move maybe making a Note or Captivate and selling it to other countries like apple
10. Andrewtst (Posts: 251; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Solution is out and it is working for root user only.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 983; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Well, the only real accessories that I'd be using is a bluetooth earpiece/speaker & bluetooth enabled car stereo; aside from a basic protective case & auxiliary cable to my surround sound system. Therefore, I don't really care about the ID lock, at least for now.
12. AfterShock (Posts: 1284; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Cheap tactic Sammy.
It may be same camp of android, but I like them the least.
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 550; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Not Fair Samsung.. This move will bite Samsung..
People would start preferring other brands like LG, HTC, Sony..
16. shuaibhere (Posts: 902; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Samsung's official statement on this:
it's more like quality check...not like what you guys think..