19-year-old sold newborn baby for an iPhone and motorbike: "I really didn't know it was illegal"
6. AllFanboysMatter (Posts: 57; Member since: 14 Feb 2016)
This 19 year old will be the next Steve Jobs
10. Ordinary (Posts: 2205; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
With no high school finished he can only be Duan Nojobs
65. matistight (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 May 2009)
How many years do you go to school in china??? In the US people graduate at 17/18
83. jontaylor07 (Posts: 162; Member since: 12 Oct 2015)
If you drop out you can be any age without graduating.
23. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Kidney is too mainstream.
41. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
what's the problem the baby would have been better off with new family bit knowing anything but know is all over the Web for ever. this is legal if you pay the gov yet not when u exclude them
64. shahrooz (Posts: 714; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
A person selling his kid for an iPhone is not "selling" the kid to have a better future. he is selling him/her for a f**king 16GB iPhone 6S. It's too overpriced... back in my day we could get it for a kidney.
72. ibend (Posts: 3769; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
at least she found better parent that willing to pay 3.5grand for her..
if not, she'll stuck with parent that prefer to own motorcycle+iPhone than own her
2. natypes (Posts: 1081; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
Jiaozi, Baozi, Rou Jia Mo and babies for sale.
43. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 777; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
such a cute baby in the article photo. I will buy one if it is legal to do so.
4. zeeBomb (Posts: 1839; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
And the parent of the year go to....
But seriously. SELLING YOUR OWN CHILD...for an iPhone and motorbike lmao. Snowcat would be proud
49. TerryTerius (Posts: 1583; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Well, technically they sold their kid for money. But yes, disgusting.
5. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I hope it was at least an iPhone 6s plus 128gb version.
9. Podrick (Posts: 507; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
I hope it was the iPhone 6s 16 GB. Those disgusting creatures deserves nothing more.
13. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow ! You're cruel !
Personally I wouldn't settle for anything less then an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and keyboard cover included but that's just me.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You guys are seriously debating on what you want in place of a baby???
What's the difference between that father and you?
19. Podrick (Posts: 507; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
The difference is we wouldn't do disgusting things like selling kids. By the way you're misunderstanding the conversation.
7. PhoneCritic (Posts: 682; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Depravity of Mankind never ceases to amaze me.
8. AllFanboysMatter (Posts: 57; Member since: 14 Feb 2016)
Exactly. At least let the phone be a S7 edge.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You should be sentenced for a month! "Atleast" nothing can replace a human...not a flagship of any kind!
15. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its not only a flagship phone there's a motor bike too !
26. TBomb (Posts: 699; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I think they're just joking around bro... don't worry
52. TerryTerius (Posts: 1583; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
The reality is, it depends on how much you value human life. A hell of a lot of people in this world don't believe it to be anything close to priceless or peerless. Unfortunately.
31. saif2711 (Posts: 69; Member since: 22 Feb 2016)
No one cares for samsung in china.it's either iPhone or their own xiaomi or huawei or whatever.
11. Lenny86 (Posts: 96; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Yeah someone,did not get part in the evolution.
12. Wiencon (Posts: 1814; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Waiting for another stupid "that's the isheep thing"
25. Finalflash (Posts: 2791; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
You don't need to say it, because everyone is already thinking it.
29. theguy2345 (Posts: 1189; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
I had too; he just made it too tempting.
45. AlikMalix (Posts: 5202; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Forget this story, but It bothers you guys to see that iPhones are valued higher than android phones, doesn't it? But what the hell, your only explanation for that is "isheep", right?
50. Finalflash (Posts: 2791; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Whatever the reason for the higher value may be, you iFans have to take the good with the bad. You can't just pick and choose Bible style, it comes as a package. When you guy brag about iPhone users being more affluent and educated when stories for that come out, it's fine. But when you deny stories about ridiculous idiocy coming from mainly one camp, iFans, then you have to accept that too.
58. AlikMalix (Posts: 5202; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
FF, we do take the good with the bad - I'm a huge ifan - I'm. Not hiding that - but you can't deny that you didn't see my critical points of Apple! Apple built a better device for me than android. My be give posts toward android only happen to point out to those Apple haters that android is far from perfect and that's why many don't buy the devices. I resent that iPhone buyers are blind - because if there's such thing - ther are just as many perspectively on android side. I still meet people that call their android phone an iPhone.
I don't brag about iphone users being more educated - but I bring up the articles because Apple haters call them stupid.... If these jerks stop atticking Apple users (that include me) then you'll never see me bring up horrible things about android.
53. marorun (Posts: 3369; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Not exacly what Bothers us is to what extend some ppl can go to get an iphone when the device itself is nothing special and greatly overpriced for what its bring to the table.
To feel the way you try to explain we would need to want the iphone but not be able to pay for it wich is not the case.
Too bad Alik but we just dont like overpriced crap :)
PS: i change phone every 6 months and buy them out full price so i could easily get 4 iphone a year its not a question of money but more of principles.
56. AlikMalix (Posts: 5202; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Moronrun, the concept of supply and demand, and basic economics eludes you. How is it overpriced if demand is strong? Apple sells iPhones what it sells and Samsung sells theirs for what it sells - the consumers decide what it's worth - not companies.
People would stop buying products if they were overpriced, not with the value, or not living up to people's expectation.
Android manufacturers offset the price but giving into carrier demands and third party bloat that pays them subsidies in return - Apple chooses to be different and not include that. Nexus devices make absolutely no money to google but only as and ad delivery vehicle - which I return makes them money.
Why are so dunce? Your instinct right now is to blame it on advertising, isn't it. But consider that if you were actually right, and iPhones are "greatly overpriced", meaning not with the parts it's made of - the iPhone would not sell so well beating its previous year over and over - no matter how great the advertising get is - it would only take one year for people to realize it doesn't work out. That's why you're wrong on all accounts. Millions tried android - and still buy an iPhone after - I know at least two people with a note 4 and Samsung s6 that want an iPhone (the note 4 user has been using Samsung since 2009). Apple knows what people want and need - and no one needs or cares about indistinguishable pixels unless you put them side by side at 2 feet away. But people care about continuous performance, an ecosystem that's top notch, full instant support and reliability, without giving into carrier bulls**t - and Apple delivers that.
Why do you keep insisting your biased bs. It only makes you look about 12 years old, and only excited people that have disregard to others needs and wants.
68. Diezparda (Posts: 866; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
isheep huh? that's explain a lot for me... Seriously Alix? how old are you? you mad because people calling them isheep? I'm chinese who lives in Indonesia and i'm Apple & Android user too. What this horrible parent do is just wrong in so many levels (i don't mind if they called chinese was dumb, because in this case they are!! and you've made a justification because it's Apple?).
70. AlikMalix (Posts: 5202; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I agree, but I wasn't talking about the article, I was talking of the mindset that if people find value in an iPhone (or Apple product) are automatically "isheep"
74. Diezparda (Posts: 866; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
You can't separate the article, when people value a product more than humanity it's simply pathethic, it's overhype & i simply call them isheep (or droidsheep if you like). They are brainwashed & not to mention her parents wasn't well educated, it's similar to what happen in Indonesia some poor people are willing to do anything for iPhone or you can name any branded peoducts (not just Apple). Why?because of their pride, they want people to acknowledge them.
It's just a product, especially when we talk tech it's not a good sample for investment, it'll quickly become obsolete by the next year. I'm not against people who loves Apple because i undestand them, cause i'm user too... but when they overdid it, that's explain why they deserve to be called iSheep/Droidsheep.
84. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
AlikMalix, Don't you notice that what you were pointing out was wrong and out of context? It was a joke and there are no 'guys seeing that iPhones are valued higher than android phones' if you analyze properly... Don't be too sensitive to something, especially to a particular product that has no direct effect on your life.
You can compare how good phones are by data (from the results of testings), by subjective opinions that are supported by data or by just a mere opinion. And, that can be totally contradictive with sales figure. I don't care whether you prefer one to another but justifying that iPhones must be better because iPhones has great sales figures is a fallacy. Value can actually be described by data on how good the phones are and that's the arguments these android fans are always referring to and even for some people this might not be true, there is definitely a true point behind that argument, if you analyze carefully.
20. vuyonc (Posts: 990; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Baby girls still treated like chattel in China :(
21. Unordinary (Posts: 1263; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
This happens all the time in China. How is this news lol?
24. Naruto_Uzumaki (Posts: 25; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
i believe stupid people make heaven for themselves.
30. Mfa901 (Posts: 257; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
WARNING... This is what iPhone can do to your brain... You do something illegal and don't even realize
32. MEeee (Posts: 345; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Another iDump@&$. Bobby is so proud of their kind.
33. Plasticsh1t (Posts: 259; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
Maybe they don't know they are friggin' retards!!
34. kevin91202 (Posts: 525; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
These type of stories are usually fake fake fake.
35. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 429; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
Well heck, give them leniency and smack them.if they do it again. The buyer is still keeping the kid.
If I'm not mistaken, don't parents in the West who aren't capable of conceiving have the ability to "adopt" children from mothers who don't plan on keeping them? Very often, they give financial incentives to the woman carrying for her troubles. Why is that so different from this? Anyone willing to pay that much for a baby clearly wants it...
36. fyah_king (Posts: 262; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
That's why apple is #1. It's because people are willing to do anything to get their hands on that first generation iphone.
I am happy so say that I got a piece of that Apple stock back in the ipod days.:)
42. gersont1000 (Posts: 298; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I just hope the baby is OK. Any other thought about this situation doesn't even matter. I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident in China and other parts of the world, and who knows what sick people buy these babies for.
46. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
sis you ever think that maybe the mother could not have a child and wanted all good intentions for the baby but could not pay what the government wants to adopt. and what would have happened if she did not buy maybe they would have dropped it off a cliff or some other horrible thing, this is what will and is happening in America since they have out lawed abortion in some states. even if the girls are raped still forced to have it
57. gersont1000 (Posts: 298; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
What does that have to do with being concerned about the welfare of the baby and all other babies sold? The point is that many of them could be sold to sick, depraved people that will do things which will give you or anyone nightmares.
44. lyndon420 (Posts: 3961; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hmmmm....wow they sure have a different mindset in China.