Samsung Messager Touch User Reviews

6.5
8.5

twitoot posted on Apr 12, 2014, 5:50 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 12, 2014

Breaks quickly, good internet reception

twitoot has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I no longer own this. I went through 2 phones, said fukit, got the Huawei Mercury.
It went from OK to POOR quality everything. The keyboard was useful, the screen switched orientation for every program, but broke way way too quickly.

Pros

• Slider Qwerty Keyboard
  • Great Microphone

Cons

• Cheap plastic
  • Low Quality Camera
  • Low Quality Speaker

Katie Jensen posted on Mar 12, 2011, 3:39 PM

It's Okay not the greatest

Katie Jensen has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is okay I have had it for sometime now I would not recommend it to people who like to text with one hand because you have to use the keyboard. I also am not fond of the camera it kinda sucks! the calls aren't very good either if you are out of town like the next state it is not very good!

Pros

• Good touch
  • Easy to use

Cons

• cant type on screen have to type on keyboard!

Katie Jensen alternatives:

Coolboy posted on Mar 04, 2011, 1:46 PM

Decent Phone; Minor Issues

Coolboy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Very good phone, has many features of a smartphone. However, call reception could be better. The phone loses signal very easily in some places. The web browser is pretty good; can display some HTML desktop pages that take longer to load and risk freezing the phone. Youtube videos will play depending on how strong your signal is. Texting is easy. Camera quality is good; camcorder is mediocre and doesn't record that long. The battery life is very good- if your not using the web too long. Overall, I would recommend this phone.

Pros

• Easy texting
  • Great Multimedia features
  • Email and Internet-supports Youtube
  • Camera Quality

Cons

• Somewhat low reception
  • Call quality needs improvement
  • Video recording could be longer

Yacob posted on Feb 14, 2011, 3:37 PM

Yacob has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a good phone. Occasionally i have problems with it but all in all it's good. The music player is finnicky and doesn't play while you text which bothers me. The camera is good. The touch screen took some getting used to but i never have any problems. The built in photo editor is a great little tool and it's fairly powerful. I haven't used the internet on it so i can't speak to that but all in all i like it.

joellll1569 posted on Nov 02, 2010, 1:05 PM

AWESOME PHONE

joellll1569 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone is the best i like all the features in this phone the camera all quality the baterry its awesome i love it good phone for cricket and the widjets are really fn i love everything about this phone i loveeeeeee ittttttttt my girlfriend has it too and she loves it more then me i recomend it to a friend

squid posted on Oct 30, 2010, 12:07 PM

Good... But

squid has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone. There are lots of things I like about it but also things I distaste. I don't like that every time you want to send a text you have to open the keyboard. This is hard to do if you have one had available at the time. Also I've found when I go to save a picture I took the phone will freeze and the picture will be lost. I've never had an issue with anything elsa I can think of but, no that I said that something is bound to go wrong!

Pros

• style
  • touch screen

Cons

No Cons

Monikah Fisher posted on Oct 17, 2010, 9:07 PM

Decent... Not Perfect

The phone is ok. Everthing worked fine for the first month. However into my second month my internet stopped working. ANY app that I would click on to get to internet whether it be facebook, myspace, gmail, bank account, web browser, etc.... The phone completely froze and the only way to turn it back on was to remove the battery and restart the entire phone. Even if you hit internet on an accident you had to reboot the phone. Its going into the shop tomorrow.

Pros

• Good Camera
  • Easy Texting
  • Voice calling
  • Voice telling me who's calling
  • Alarm

Cons

• Internet freezing

J posted on Sep 30, 2010, 11:36 AM

Alarm does not work

I have always used my cell phone as an alarm clock- until after I bought this phone.  The alarm is unreliable.  Some days it will not go off at all, other days it will but the snooze fails.  More commonly, if I set the alarm and go to bed, it will go off in just a few minutes.  In that case, it will not alarm again at the time the alarm is set for, even if you manually reset it.  Its easy to test the malfunction.  I've demonstrated it several times during the day.  4 out of 10 alarm sets will fail.

Other than the alarm, the phone part seems to work well.  The reception isn't on par with my previous samsung flip phone, giving dropped calls occasionally in rural areas where the previous phone worked well.

The phone book is cumbersome to use.  To search for a contact you have to flip the keypad out and type or else use an impossible alphabet scroll-er with your thumb.

The camera is of better quality than  my previous two year old phone, but probably on par with its peers.

I bought this phone to use the blue tooth with my car (that works as well as any), to use as an alarm clock (which doesn't work at all), and to use as a phone (which works well if you can get reception).

If I could get the alarm clock to work, I'd rate this phone as a keeper or one to buy again, but without the alarm, I'd avoid.

Pros

• like the large, clear, bright front screen.
  • Sound quality is excellent.
  • Speaker phone works well.

Cons

• Alarm will not work.
  • Phonebook is difficult to scroll through.

Stacy posted on Sep 21, 2010, 12:21 PM

Good phone, having software issues.

I've had this phone for a month. Currently its in the repair shop. First I noticed the snooze doesn't work. I have the alarm set at 5am and hit snooze for 5 more minutes and the alarm won't go off again. Then I noticed the Widget for quick call or text for your contacts mixes up the phone numbers. If I try calling my husband, my sons or mothers phone number shows up. Now the phone sometimes rings when I get phone calls. I will get voice mails, with no missed call even showing up on the phone. I really do like this phone and hope these software issues can be corrected.

Pros

• Great camera! Compaired to the LG's I've had it takes awesome pics.
  • Fun Widgets.
  • Very easy to text on.
  • User friendly.
  • Very customizable.

Cons

• Fun Widgets-now only if they worked right-
  • Screen comes unlocked in my pocket alot.
  • Software issues. I pay alot per month, expect the phone to work right.
  • Ring tones could be louder

mike1230 posted on Sep 15, 2010, 12:25 PM

fix the specs on this site

an amazing phone from samsung. this phone does everything i need and more. the touch screen is clear and easy to use and u can pick any song from your mp3 to make a ringtone. also my gf has it and shes in love with it. (she has the white one).  the only down to this phone is you have to buy it full price from cricket :-/ cost me $179 with tax

Pros

• comes in white
  • easy to use
  • under 200
  • works well

Cons

• none as of yet

x-man posted on Sep 14, 2010, 9:23 PM

a good phone

works well. i like it, one of the best phone i ever had for cricket. phone heats up when im on it for a long time. battery doesnt charge when phone is too hot. will have to get use to the way the internet works. (it works well after u get some exp with it). not much games or app's but the ones it comes with will fill up your home screen. those are the only thing wrong with this phone.

Pros

• qwerty
  • gps
  • 3G-- really fast
  • songs can be use as ring tones
  • touch display

Cons

• heats up when plugged in and in use.

chester f posted on Sep 10, 2010, 4:04 PM

i love this phone

i have had this phone for a week and i love it, the internet is fast and its easy to use, work great on twitter and facefook, youtube could be better but it works ok. all in all the phone works and it is really pretty to look at as well. i would tell anyone who wants a good phone that does what is needed to get this one. also i must say the speaker phone is clear as day and the screan flows very well. the battery is ok and will hold its own for a about 3-5 hours of internet/ txting before needing to be plugged in.

Pros

• E-mail
  • GPS
  • Clear/Loud speaker
  • long battery
  • easy to use
  • faster internet

Cons

• once in the blue the internet freezes to the point were battery needs to be pulled.

G posted on Jun 11, 2010, 11:02 PM

USC does not have a very good phone selection, but when I saw this samsung, I knew it would be good, and i was not disappointed.  Customizable, good touch screen, slide-out qwerty keypad.  It also has great reception.  Recommended

Pros

• good touch screen
  • music player
  • slide out keyboard
  • good reception
  • good camera
  • shoots video
  • easy to use

Cons

• None yet

Max McQueen posted on Jun 03, 2010, 10:50 PM

messager review

All in all the phone is a great one. The fact that it is a touch screen and slides so you can text is great. I think that the phone is great for the price. Personally I dont think US Cellular has that good of phones, but this one I liked.