How to measure a person's height with iPhone 12 Pro0
- The new iPhone 13: price, release date, features, and specs
LiDAR (originally called COLiDER - COherent Light Detecting And Ranging) is a method for measuring distances by illuminating the target with laser light and measuring the reflection with a sensor. It’s more accurate than ToF or other camera-based systems, which means that now we can measure someone’s height quite accurately using the iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max. Let’s see how.
- You don't have to download anything - the iPhone 12 Pro has the Measure app preinstalled. Just find the app and launch it.
- Get the person whose height you're measuring into the frame. For an even more accurate measurement make the person stand next to a wall or make sure there aren't objects around him or in the background, as they might interfere with the measurement.
- The Measure app should automatically detect the person and show a line just above his head, along with the actual measurement.
- You can now take a snapshot of the measurement for further use by tapping the shutter button on the bottom right.
- To preview and save the picture, tap the screenshot shortcut at the bottom left, inspect the shot then choose Done, and Save to Photos or Save to Files.
- To make another measurement, just move away your iPhone 12 Pro to reset the current measurement and then repeat the steps above.