Yahoo Mail for Android GO is launched along with a version for mobile web browsers
There is a collection of apps in the Google Play Store made specifically for Android Go powered handsets. This is the stripped down version of Android for budget priced phones (usually sporting 1GB of RAM or less), and there are several lightweight apps developed for the platform. This allows Android Go owners to use many of the same apps they relied on when they had a phone running the full powered version of the operating system. The latest to unveil an Android Go version of its app is Yahoo; the lightweight Android Go variant of Yahoo Mail weighs in at 10MB, and requires 50MB of RAM.
In addition, Yahoo announced today a version of Mail for mobile browsers that includes many of the same features found on the Yahoo Mail app such as:
- The ability to swipe through the in box.
- Different color themes with light and dark backgrounds that allow you to customize the app.
- Sidebar menu with folders to help you organize your emails.
- Infinite scrolling allowing you to move your inbox all the way down to the end, without having to tap on "next" to view more emails.
- Once a message is opened, the easy access toolbar allows you to delete the email, reply to it, move forward to the next email, and more.
With the new Yahoo Mail mobile web site, you can even place an icon on your phone's home screen that will open your browser and take you directly to the site. For more information on Yahoo Mail for mobile browsers, click on the video at the top of this story.
To install the Android Go version of Yahoo Mail, click on this link.