Google starts rolling out Wear OS 2.3 update to some smartwatches
The update has already made it to Montblanc Summit 2 and Fossil Sport, Droid-life reports, but some of the TicWatch smartwatches seems to have got it as well. Google hasn't yet released a changelog for Wear OS 2.3, but thanks to redditor SabashChandraBose, we have some developer notes to share with you:
- Reduced usability in home screen.
- Fixed increased responsiveness in the previous update. Added lag when using OK, Google.
- Reduced battery usage by 10% in ambient mode. We are still optimizing the low-level code.
- Introduced per-pixel burn in for AMOLED screens (still in beta).
- Added support for 4100 chipset.
For consumers, the update doesn't really bring too many things except slightly better battery usage and an updated Home app (from 2.20 to 2.21). Apparently, Google is rolling out the update in waves, so if you didn't receive it yet, you'll have to wait a few days.