Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S5 receives update giving it the August 2017 security patch
When you receive the notification telling you that the update has arrived on your phone, before you start the process of downloading and installing it, make sure that your Galaxy S5 is connected to a Wi-Fi signal. If that is not possible, your phone should have a strong hookup to Verizon's cellular pipeline. Also, the battery on the unit should be completely charged before you start the update.
One thing that you won't have to worry about if you own this phone, is getting updated to a new OS build. In May 2016, Verizon updated the handset to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and barring a hack of some sort, that is where it will forever stay.
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 20; Member since: Jun 28, 2016
posted on Sep 13, 2017, 6:37 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):