Samsung is bringing a heap of new accessories to their online store
This time of year is one of the busiest and most popular when it comes to shopping, and with the holiday season just around the corner, a lot of smartphones and their related accessories are going to be bought up like hotcakes. With the Note 7 officially dead, Samsung has no other choice but to rely on the upcoming Gear S3 and older S7 and S7 Edge to carry them through the rest of 2016 for their mobile division. However, likely in an attempt to try and boost sales as much as possible, Samsung has announced that they'll be bringing 6 new accessories to their storefront sometime next month.
The accessories have already been available for purchase in Korea - Samsung's home turf - and although there isn't anything here that we haven't seen before, the design and possible prices of the gadgets actually look quite nice. Here's everything that's going to be available -
- Wireless Speaker Bottle design - Bluetooth speaker that features 360-degree surround sound. Wireless charging and a motion-sensitive UX allow the speaker to be as functional as possible, and the built-in 16M-color LED lights will bring your music to life. These lights can also be adjusted using the motion controls, as a water-pouring motion will change the brightness of the light and giving it a light shake will adjust the color that it emits. To round all of this out, the speaker connects to the company's Lux Manager App helps gives users even more control for the hue and color of the included light. (~$77)
- Wireless Charger Tray design - Wireless charging station that's capable of charging two devices wirelessly, and three if the cable charging port is being used. The tray measures in at just 17.8-millimeters, so it's a nice, compact charging station for any table or nightstand. (~$58)
- Battery Pack Kettle design - Battery pack that comes in either a 5,100 mAh or 10,200 mAh size. An LED indicator lets you know how much juice the gadget has left in it, and a wrist strap and kickstand that's built into the cable add a couple nice touches you don't usually see with battery packs. Plus, the kettle-like design and coral pink and mint blue color options help to keep things visually interesting. (~$26 and ~$35)
- Wireless Speaker Scoop design - Extremely compact Bluetooth speaker that can easily fit into the palm of your hand. Included here is a wrist strap, splash-resistant design, and echo-cancellation microphones to make taking calls more precise and enjoyable. (~$48)
- In-ear Headphones Rectangle design - 3.5-millimeter headphones that are made out of a combo of fabric and metal. A tangle-free flat cable helps to keep the headphones easily accessible at any time, and the DLM speakers aim to deliver high-quality audio. (~$26)
- USB LED Light - Simple LED light that is powered and turned on when connected to any sort of USB power source. (~$9)
All of the above accessories will be made available on both Samsung's online store and "major regional shopping sites" sometime in early November. Samsung hasn't mentioned any specific dates or pricing for the devices in the US, so the prices mentioned above are estimates based off of what they currently sell for in Korea.