Google looking into reports of slower Pixel 2 XL fingerprint scanner after Android 8.1 update
Apparently, there is a workaround for the sluggish biometric reader. Turning on the always on feature will allow the fingerprint scanner on the Pixel 2 XL to recover its previous speed. The problem with this option is that you might find your battery draining a little faster.
The good news is that Google is working in a fix. The company is aware of the issue and plan on collecting bug reports to see exactly what it needs to send in the way of a patch, in order to fix the issue.
source: GoogleSupport via AndroidCentral
- Display 6.0" 1440 x 2880 pixels
- Camera 12.2 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2350 MHz
- Storage 128GB
- Battery 3520 mAh
Posts: 96; Member since: Aug 26, 2012
posted on Dec 17, 2017, 6:04 PM 1
Posts: 2; Member since: Dec 18, 2017
posted on Dec 18, 2017, 8:44 AM 0
Posts: 2383; Member since: Mar 03, 2013
posted on Dec 18, 2017, 8:51 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):