The update for the Motorola Droid 4
that we told you was on its way has just landed. The 18 MB update will bring your Droid 4 up to build 6.13.219. As we previously said, this particular update will not give you Ice Cream Sandwich, but does contain a number of improvements.
The official change log says:
- Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Power On function has been fixed.
- Improved battery life.
- Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness and blank screen lockups.
- Keypad backlight only launches when needed.
Applications & Widgets
- Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications.
- MotoCast™ widget can be added to home screen and thumbnail view.
- Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application.
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity.
If you haven't been prompted for the OTA update, be sure to manually check for updates to get the latest build for your Droid 4.