Asus ZenFone 5Z gets another major update with loads of camera improvements
The update brings loads of camera enhancements, but also some new features meant to improve other aspects of the phone. For example, a new Lift to Face unlock has been added, which allows ZenFone 5Z users to wake and face unlock without having to press the power button.
Gesture controls have been added too, along with some new camera functionalities. You can find below details about the camera changes included in the update:
- Support Auto anti-flicker feature (Phone will auto-detect electricity frequency based on lighting; condition and switch the frequency setting between 50 Hz and 60 Hz to prevent flickering);
- Support EIS feature in FHD@60FPS & 18:9@30FPS;
- Support EIS/OIS auto switch feature during video recording (The Camera will switch to either OIS or EIS to take super smooth videos depending on conditions);
- Support overheat detection in video recording mode (Mainly useful while recording);
- Support 3 Dimensional Noise Reduction feature also in PRO mode.
And that's not all, Asus announced that it has improved the manual White Balance function in PRO mode and added even more selfie camera enhancements. Also, support for dual SIM 4G & 3G connectivity has been included too.
Keep in mind that this is a pretty sizeable update that weighs in at 1.6GB. Also, Asus states that it will roll out the update in batches, so it will take a couple of days to arrive all ZenFone 5Z units out there.