Another Samsung Galaxy S7 edge catches on fire, this time in the Philippines

Posted: , posted by Alan F.

Tags :

Another Samsung Galaxy S7 edge catches on fire, this time in the Philippines
While the defective battery issue that turned the heralded Samsung Galaxy Note 7 into a torch appears to be a thing of the past, the manufacturer might have a new fire to put out. A  gent in the Philippines named Weng Briones turned to social media to post pictures of a burnt out phone that was once his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

While he didn't give any details on the incident, Briones says that he returned his now crispy handset back to the Samsung Mobile Store inside the Supermall in Taytay. Apparently, the staff there was able to refund him the price of the phone. In his post, Weng praised the staff at the store "for their immediate action regarding my issue."

Earlier this month, we told you that Samsung has been sued in New Jersey by a man who ended up with second and third degree burns when his Galaxy S7 edge exploded in his shirt pocket. The victim, Daniel Ramirez, had to undergo painful skin grafts on one of his legs. As a result of the incident, Ramirez's suit claims that he has suffered "permanent and life-altering injuries." Before that suit was filed, a consumer reported that his Galaxy S7 edge caught on fire while charging overnight.


As we told you earlier today, smartphone buyers have apparently lost confidence in Samsung after the Galaxy Note 7 incident. The sad thing about this story is that at the time the Galaxy Note 7 was launched, it appeared that the phablet was going to be an exclamation mark on a kick-ass year for the manufacturer. With talk that the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco will cost it up to $1.5 billion, Samsung is also facing the possibility that future handsets will be shunned by consumers. Judging by his comments however, Briones might not be so quick to leave Samsung's camp.


source: WengBriones

FEATURED VIDEO

101 Comments
  • Options
    Close





Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories