HTC Magic User Reviews

posted on 25 Aug 2009, 22:52

I sell these all the time at my work instead of iPhone 3GS's, which we never have in stock. Plus the 3GS is a ripoff waste of money.
You can get this phone from Rogers for $29.99... or you can get a 16GB 3GS for $199.99... the choice seems pretty obvious to me.

Pros

• -GPS
  • -Sleek
  • -Good looking
  • -Open source application market
  • -Lightning fast hardware
  • -Google OS (integration)
  • -Good accelerometer
  • -Micro SD memory slot
  • -HTML browser
  • -Youtube app. built-in
  • -7.5 hours talk time (!)
  • -Price vs iPhone

Cons

• -No multitouch
  • -Screen can be a bit cramped when typing

FONES4Life
posted on 15 Jul 2009, 02:20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jun 2009)

Solid Phone

Alright, I have pretty much used all UI's from the iphone 3G, Blackberry Bold, and numerous windows mobile phones. This was my first crack at an Android device and was pretty skeptical of using a touch screen device after I already had a go around with the iphone 3G, which I believe is the best touch screen device out there. So I got my hands on an unlocked Rogers HTC Magic only because its the only Magic that can be used on AT&T's 3G network.

My first impression of the HTC MAGIC was that it had a great feel due to it being light weight. The touch screen felt great, even though the touchscreen isnt like the iphone it is still very sensitive which makes it better than anyother touchscreen device I have used. Navigation with the trackball is good too in case you dont feel like using the touchscreen to navigate. The keyboard is nice and responsive and I find that I can text better with the Magic than the iphone because of the spell correction and keyboard being customizable. I was very impressed with the browser, it is just as good as the iphone's, but still not as good only becuase of the multi-touch feature, nevertheless the pages still load fast and show a great full html. The camera takes great photo and video but I find that it needs flash in order for it to have better quality in poor lighting conditions.
What makes this phone is the app market. Even thoough the android market only has some 5,000 apps compared to the iphones 50,000, I find that androids apps are...

Pros

• - UI
  • -Design
  • -App Market
  • -Battery Life

Cons

• -NO mult-touch
  • -lack of flash on camera
  • -3.5 mm jack (wth!)
  • -connectivity to itunes
  • -tethering

exantia
posted on 06 Jun 2009, 18:55

could have been better

The phone atracteted me with its Android OS but that was basiclly it. Hopefully the new updates of the OS would make it worth the money and broaden its limited functionality.

Pros

• Android OS

Cons

• No flash,
  • no 3.5mm jack,
  • the RAM is only 192Mb,
  • no video calling,
  • no Radio

posted on 03 Jun 2009, 14:21

this phone is great. it has everything you want in a phone. it beats the iphone the g1 and the xperia x1 in so many ways. htc should stick with android and loss windows mobile.

Pros

• screen
  • apps
  • usability
  • interface

Cons

• trackball
  • messaging