iPhone 6 concept video recreates a new slim design with 4.7" display and extra iOS features
1. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Not a bad concept...as always the screen is way small, 5'' would be perfect (That's what she said).
9. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
if apple do 5" than everyone ll say its small 6" would perfect.
if apple do 6" than everyone ll say its too huge.
if apple do 4" same size than everyone ll say its too small..
btw apple is just the king of world...
14. buccob (Posts: 2452; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I dislike iPhones in general but I agree with you... 5" screen usually means a hugeass phone, yes including Galaxy S4 (Xperia ZL is one exception) So having a 4.5~4.7" screen, with a compact design like the LGG2 or ZL, or S4 would allow for a manageable, one-handed phone...
And people recently take their apple dislike to bash anything including a screen increase...
For most people the 4" screen, up to 4.5" is still perfect...
20. tedkord (Posts: 8974; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, you've got that backwards. Whatever size screen Apple uses will suddenly become the perfect size for the faithful.
35. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
You are right!
By the way, the current iphone is way too small 4"
17. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
OMG the GOLD block iP6 looks amazing, and just turns head
36. paulislegend (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
I have to ask, will apple fans REALLY be happy if the IP6 looks exactly like the previous 4 models? I mean REALLY? Aren't you tired of the same thing? they probably have one of the most over rated/over paid industrial designers on the planet and yet the design of the phone is the same regurgitated tired look. Don't get me wrong, when this model came out with the IP4 I really liked it, but c'mon, shouldn't the "maestro" of design (sarcasm) be earning his keep a little better? All I'm saying is that if I designed the same thing 4 times in a row with minor detail changes, my boss would have let me go.
2. Tommy1960i (Posts: 118; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I hope it will not be the real design. Those bezels are really thick, and there is nothing special in it.
18. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
You saying this that solid block clad design looks not nice... You must not like concept looking phones... You must love ugly desings...?
21. tedkord (Posts: 8974; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't find these especially good looking. The iPhone peaked with the 4/4s. The 5/5s was a step down, and these would be a step down from them.
23. sniper1087 (Posts: 483; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
i completely agree, they went from stainless steel to aluminum, and I know it was because of signal problems with wifi and radios, but there has to be a way to implement it, better to have steel than aluminum.
27. AntiFanBoyz (unregistered)
Maybe he just doesn't like "same old boring same thing over and over again"?
22. Augustine (Posts: 1034; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Don't worry, as virtually all iPhones, the bezels will be hidden by dreadful thick cases that add an inch to each dimension. I baffles me why Apple to design them at all when it's going to be covered with ugly rubber.
4. techguyone (Posts: 175; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Surely to god there will be a complete body design refresh this time, the existing one dates all the way back to the iPhone 4.
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2543; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
One can dream, but I think they are trying to go for brand recognition and identity here and not just pleasing the customer. So if you are in it for a new/fresh looking phone, you will likely be disappointed. However if you are an ageing customer looking for nostalgia (from 2010) you are in for a treat.
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Concepts are just concepts, bring it to the table first.
8. techaman (unregistered)
So they can now finally put a gold iPhone and call it gold not champagne
10. greathero1 (Posts: 559; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Looks nice! With that said, I seriously doubt the iPhone will have a 1920x1080 display. That would mean another resolution that they would have to support. If anything, they might try to use the 2048x1536 resolution of iPad Air & Mini which would put it right up their with Samsung's next gen S5. Either way, I am stoked to see the new S5 and the new iPhone later on this year.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If that phone looks like these concepts, it's lights out game over.
19. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Looks and prestige materials to die for...
13. nctx77 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
If Apple made both a 4.7 and 5.7 inch phone, which one would everyone buy?
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Both, I wouldn't be able to stop myself. I have a 5s, and a note 3 now. Tech head I am.
15. Augustine (Posts: 1034; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I figured out why all versions of the iPhone have small dimensions. They are their owners' precious coveted possessions, so they are always wrapped in dreadful cases that add an inch to each dimension. Were the iPhone any bigger, inside a case they'd require a concealed-carry permit. We'll see how the anti-gun lobby will consider a 5" or 6" iPhone.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dumbest post ever. Made absolutely zero sense, no wonder in 10 hrs you got no likes
24. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1708; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looks nice, doubt it will ever happen but not a bad concept
28. saqib1840 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Ok. Ok. Apple boys dont worry . Samsung is preparing the rival for aplle 6 in the name of galaxy s5 . And be sure this s5 will kill the apple same way as s2 s 3 start. And remember now its time to bow apple.
31. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
haha when you go with s5 everybody just say wow, but when you go with iphone 6 everybody lose their mind thats too awesome ane have a good materials
30. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
thats good, but too mainstream, come on apple do it more, and cut your god damn price
32. TechDork (Posts: 282; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Apple should really consider using ideas from people's concept renderings.
33. cncrim (Posts: 727; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Very good concept phone I will switch to iphone if thats the spec. However the speak should be in front since the screen get bigger and there is enough spac3 for front speaker.