iPhone 5 becomes the fastest selling phone on AT&T beating... iPhone 4S
Across all three U.S. carriers at its launch, the iPhone 4S recorder 4 million sales in the opening weekend and currently holds the title for fastest selling phone.
Now, expectations are for the iPhone 5 to surpass those 4 million sales and reach as much as double that number in the best-case scenario.
So far, we’ve heard that Apple sold out of its initial preorders for the iPhone 5 and the shipping date was quickly pushed back to a week. Since then more and more preorders have come in and the waiting period for preorders has grown to the whopping 2 to 3 weeks.
source: AT&T via AllThingsD
Most Successful iPhone Launch Ever
DALLAS, Sept. 17, 2012 — AT&T* set a sales record with iPhone 5 over the weekend, making it the fastest-selling iPhone the company has ever offered. Customers ordered more iPhones from AT&T than any previous model both on its first day of preorders and over the weekend.
iPhone 5 is still available for preorder at www.att.com/iphone and will be available in AT&T retail stores beginning at 8 am local time on Friday, September 21.
AT&T offers a number of advantages for iPhone 5 customers.
· AT&T’s network lets you talk and surf the web at the same time.
· Largest 4G Network. Customers get blazing-fast speeds on the nation’s largest 4G network, covering 275 million people.
· Flexible Rate Plans. AT&T doesn’t force customers to switch data plans to get the best device price when they upgrade to a new device and new AT&T customers aren’t forced into a certain plan; they have the flexibility to choose from one of several individual or Mobile Share plans.
More customers choose AT&T for iPhone than any other U.S. carrier.
For more information on iPhone 5, please visit: www.att.com/iphone.
19. serious9010 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 06:57 10 3
The combination of size, screen, build quality, materials, eco-system, software simplicity and stability, camera, support is still unbeatable.
+1 for that
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:07 19 9
its honestly amazing how people are buyin this phone despite all the phones we have available.........people are litterally going broke to buy this phone.......#smh
6. Shino posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:22 12 20
Yes. People are not stupid. They buy what is best. On the market now, there is just nothing better than iP5.
8. Shino posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:29 8 14
The sales numbers prove it. And for the previous 4S, and for the 4 etc. The combination of size, screen, build quality, materials, eco-system, software simplicity and stability, camera, support is still unbeatable.
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:34 9 1
yea the sales prove that alot of people want the phone......but not all......therefore its an "opinion" doood
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:57 8 3
Meet me at McDonald's. I'll buy you the world's best burger.
18. serious9010 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 06:55 3 2
i love the iPhone
26. mas11 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:43 1 0
Sub-HD 4" screen, lacks NFC, has a small battery, can't do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon or Sprint, lacks expandable storage, has a proprietary connector and allows little customization.
Tell me how this makes it the best phone on the market.
28. adelta90 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 10:19 0 1
I'll tell you how, its the "iPhone 5"
that name tag is enough to make it the best phone on the market
30. gallitoking posted on 17 Sep 2012, 12:21 3 0
is the best phone because it caters to othe average consumer... whom dont care about any of what you just said...
22. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 07:33 1 0
But if it's what they want and choose then y not buy it? Also why does it matter to u
5. neutralguy posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:21 4 3
Isn't Xiaomi's phone beats this? Did I just made this up or before, I saw this report regarding Xiaomi, selling or having pre-ordered 200,000 phones in less than 30 minutes?
11. maier9900 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:44 2 8
THIS IS NEWS.?!.. really??? Dumb-ass !!! So what now?...
12. jiyoung posted on 17 Sep 2012, 05:45 3 6
I will buy iPhone5,if it have toilet i can s**t in it.
14. Gaytor posted on 17 Sep 2012, 06:36 4 1
Shino is correct and facts speak for itself. The frame, form and architecture and eco system all have taken iphone where it is today. But i like Note and waiting for Note2.
23. andrwroepke posted on 17 Sep 2012, 07:37 1 0
Watch and see how many android users post on this today. If anyone is getting a little crazy its these android guys. Just don't click on the article if you hate apple so much. Youre looking more obsessed than apple users.
24. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 07:50 0 0
I can't wait to get mine Friday. Line up hang out and hook it up
25. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 07:51 0 0
wow!! really love to have one! but might get it later! i set my heart for lumia 920 and on 2013 on a BlackBerry 10 device! :)
31. garz_pa posted on 17 Sep 2012, 22:24 0 0
Don't they always say that?? Next year when they unveil the iP5s or the iP6 it will be the fastest-selling phone again.