iPhone 4's USB port catches on fire and subsequently melts cable
This article contains unofficial information.
Apple iPhone 4 Specifications | Review
1. PHONE_GEEK posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:47 0 0
knew something like this would happen to the iPhone....... Android or Blackberry all da way
11. testman22 posted on 08 Jul 2010, 19:43 0 0
just add another tally to the list of iphone malfunctions.
36. deago78 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 08:28 0 0
I'm sure you just "knew" something would happen to the iPhone. Thanks Nastradamus.
42. tuminatr posted on 09 Jul 2010, 10:35 0 0
its because the IPhone is the smart phone for dumb people
49. PapaJay224 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 11:31 0 0
Im just wondering, what way do I have to hold my phone now?
57. tallica05 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 13:31 0 0
DROID raigns supreme around her actually... Iphone has its time to shine now its just a fancy paper weight... ( not reccomended to be used as a paper weight either cause will cause fires due to issues with extreme heat) -1 hova -1
60. tallica05 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 13:51 0 0
I see like the stain i left on your moms dress last night... Hova i am your father... But im to ashamed to admit it in public cause your an embarresment to your mother and i. She wishes youd just kill yourself..
68. Cazwell posted on 09 Jul 2010, 15:45 0 0
I'm a huge Android fan and I still love my iMac & MacBook... as long as they play nice, I'll continue to support both brands!
3. iHateCrapple posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:32 0 0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! crApple please continue in showing the public how BAD your "product" actually is because it is sooo entertaining!!!
4. zerglisk posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:43 0 0
Will this be the largest recall of the cellular history? Antenna first, then the USB melt down?? Let's see a software fix for this melt down LOL
7. BlackberryUser posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:47 0 0
it actually caught fire due to the way the user was holding the phone prior to plugging it in. Had he held it upside down while touching his left foot to a rubber isolator; this wouldn't have happened.
13. rfrapp posted on 08 Jul 2010, 20:20 0 0
Why do other devices not burst into flames when held in the same way as the iphone 4? So is apple going to tell us how to hold the phone when we plug it in too? I know your name is BlackberryUser, but dang, you sound like such an apple fanboy.
15. Lucas posted on 08 Jul 2010, 20:27 0 0
So, there's a certain way to hold it to plug it in now, too? Holy cow...
20. jskrenes posted on 08 Jul 2010, 22:13 0 0
Turns out our formula for determining how much amperage should be delivered to the phone was totally wrong. Oops, our bad.
43. pouxonu posted on 09 Jul 2010, 10:56 0 0
and also dont forget having to use google earth to know which direction to face depending on the time of day and based on where you are in accordance to the sun and being positioned 16.753927998431725 degrees west of the equator on a tuseday hahahahahahahahahahahaha apple sucks !!!!!!!
50. PapaJay224 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 11:33 0 0
Wow at these people for not understanding sarcasm, I guess Apple really has its hooks in deep that people are really looking for a way to avoid the iminent danger of "iPhone 4saurous"
5. jherz6 posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:43 0 0
Anyone think phone arena should rethink there rating of 9.5? I sure do. Who wants to buy a device thats a potential safety hazard. Lets not even talk about the functionality issue's, Maybe that's why VZW didn't get the iphone, there standards for new devices are pretty high, and maybe they saw the issues and didn't want the headache.
8. BlackberryUser posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:48 0 0
I think this phone is a solid 9.5 personally.... Well on a scale of 1 to 100.
71. PapaJay224 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 17:12 0 0
This is not good advertising to Verizon thats for sure. Could you imaging if this was the one WE got at Verizon...The things peopl ewould be saying about it would be 10 times worse than threy are now. "oh VZ gets the iPhone and now it blows up what crap blah blah blah.." i can see it already. The hype is to big of a burden to carry for VZW, our customers like us, the iPhone would ruin that, I see that now.
74. BlackberryUser posted on 10 Jul 2010, 09:20 0 0
I disagree, the people that buy the iPhone would love it in spite of it burning down there house with their car in the garage and 3 children in the house. They would say, "I have nothing, but at least Apple gave me a replacement iPhone for my last $100."
81. Cali_E posted on 10 Jul 2010, 17:51 0 0
damn blackberry, you're killing me bro. i can't stop laughing. ur on fire dude +1 +1 +1
12. xtroid2k posted on 08 Jul 2010, 19:47 0 0
You know at some point you gotta feel bad for Apple. I mean i'm no apple fanboy; I love my android device however c'mon this could have happened to any phone regardless of make or model. Its just unfortunate that all this is happening at once to them. Overall as a company Apple really puts out some good products. What they need to do is hire a crisis PR firm to handle this whole drama with the iphone4.
16. applesr4eating posted on 08 Jul 2010, 21:22 0 0
Apple is where it's at now because they caught all the breaks for 5 years or so. Windows Vista hardware issue's, almost everyone else missed the boat on consumer smart phones and are playing catch up, I could go on. It's time for Steve's ego to come down a notch or 20. And for those iDiots who think this is just bad luck, remember the super thin Mac laptop that generated to much heat, original iMac? Apple made Internet Explorer their original browser, Microsoft bought $150 million of non voting Crapple stock in 1997 to prop em up. Face it the iPhone 4 is just plain sh1tty design.
24. xtroid2k posted on 08 Jul 2010, 23:32 0 0
I'm just saying that apple does put out good stuff. I really could care less how they got there. We all know bout microsoft and how the messed up and so whatever. Point is we just need to lay off apple and stop acting like google is so perfect. I love my droid but i'm not married to google.
26. jherz6 posted on 08 Jul 2010, 23:38 0 0
True about the pr firm, but what they needed to do was make sure it was a safe well working product ready to be released.
27. jherz6 posted on 08 Jul 2010, 23:42 0 0
The bigger they are the harder they fall. I have no sympathy for Apple what so ever. I dont think Microsoft ever had a phone burst into flames, and google programs sure seem to work as well if not better than Apple.
32. BlackberryUser posted on 09 Jul 2010, 07:09 0 0
You are comparing hardware to software... not a fan of Apple, but you should compare HTC or Motorola to Apple when discussing the fire issue. Also, this isn't new. The old iPhones burst into flames from battery issues. This is probably a rare issue that will never be addressed.
45. iHateCrapple posted on 09 Jul 2010, 11:03 0 0
I agree on the "will never be addressed" part...
72. PapaJay224 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 17:30 0 0
No, no pitty for Apple, this is what they get for overpriced under cut products. Cmon iPod with a Video cam but not a still cam, just so they can market the next one with a still cam? who takes videos preferred over pictures? Its like 99cent store parts built to capitalize on profits, smart move, wrong part of china.
73. jherz6 posted on 10 Jul 2010, 02:20 0 0
Since there has been so much hype about the 4g you can bet it will bw adressed
75. BlackberryUser posted on 10 Jul 2010, 09:21 0 0
Were the exploding iPhones of past generations addressed or just brushed under the rug?
17. CHEFJEFF posted on 08 Jul 2010, 21:27 0 0
Hey Steve Jobs said this was gonna be the hottest device of the summer. Not to worry though, a software update is on the way, it will warn you before it's about to burst into flames.
18. vzw fanman posted on 08 Jul 2010, 21:31 0 0
i guess the hype of the iphone is going down in flames.
33. BlackberryUser posted on 09 Jul 2010, 07:10 0 0
I bet this will barely effect sales, the "iSheep" don't care.
38. CHEFJEFF posted on 09 Jul 2010, 09:19 0 0
They wouldn't care if it caught fire and burned down their home. All they care about is their precious iPhone4. BAAAAHAAAAA!
76. BlackberryUser posted on 10 Jul 2010, 09:22 0 0
Seriously... As long as Apple replaced it for no more then $600 they would be happy. Who cares if it burned down there house, killed their kids, destroyed their car, injured their dog, and forced them to lose their job.
19. NOVAinc posted on 08 Jul 2010, 21:48 0 0
Oh you all dudes didn't even read the article did you? it was by cause of a defective USB port... oh dear... so much bitting just for fun... well, I guess I still can get some drinks to forget the world that I live in, since I can't change it :)
82. Cali_E posted on 10 Jul 2010, 18:13 0 0
actually, i think this dude should have a few drinks and drive home. do the world a favor...lol
21. networkdood posted on 08 Jul 2010, 22:29 0 0
Sad thing is that IPHONE 4 will still outsell EVO 4G and DROID X by at least a 3 to 1 margin.....
34. BlackberryUser posted on 09 Jul 2010, 07:11 0 0
You're right, why did you get negative feedback for saying it?
23. arqjav posted on 08 Jul 2010, 23:01 0 0
I think the list of flaws about the Iphone 4 is all ready like 7 or 8 things that are wrong with it
29. ilia1986 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 01:25 0 0
Well... at least we can expect Apple to learn from the issues of the iPhone 4 in the future - when they release the iPhone 5.