Xiaomi "Gemini" passes through Geekbench, reveals Snapdragon 820 core
1. AZNHA (unregistered)
woow good luck , xiaomi
8. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Xiaomi has been successful already. No point wishing them good luck.
9. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
i hate that their not nice "MI" logo..
Nobody knows it is Xiaomi..
why they just dont write "Xiaomi" on their products..
31. neonix (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
Who cares who knows what it is? If you buy your phones so people know which one you have, then you might as well buy an iPhone and get one of those fugly cases with the window that shows the Apple through it.
34. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
blee will never buy pipihone
2. w1000i (Posts: 65; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
1.59 GHz only ???
we will expect more with 2.2 Ghz >>
5. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I guess that's the clock of the 2 lower powered CPUs. Remember that geekbench always prints the lower clock speed. Even the 7420 posts 1.5 Ghz while the big cores are 2.1 Ghz.
12. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Geekbench still hasn't been update for big.LITTLE styled CPUs
It just reads CPU0, which is usually a LITTLE core
18. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Yes, it's quad core, but 2 of those 4 cores are clocked higher than other 2 cores; making it kind-of big.LITTLE.
24. markoss (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
s820 have 2,2 quad core cpu ,This is false news ,The Chinese are trying to get the attention and publicity for their phones, at a Chinese almost all false. advertised phone with 13 megapixel camera, but the reality has 5mpx. the battery of 2000mAh put stickers of 5000 mAh. I speak from experience, I had a variety of junk phone from China
28. Manyci (Posts: 112; Member since: 03 Aug 2015)
You explained yourself: you had JUNK Chinese phones. Xiaomi is not one of them, it never was :P
32. neonix (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
Yeah, Xiaomi are nothing like all those generic and unheard-of brands that make all that crap with exaggerated specs and faulty hardware. Their devices are the real deal.
17. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 897; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Weak? A quad core that can get 4762 in muticore test is actually impressive, not to mention that both hardware and software of this device are not final.
25. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8379; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The Note 5 scored over 5000 in the multi-core tests.
My personal Note 5 scored 4900 in the multi-core test. So looks like the 7420 still is the best.
30. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
There is. 2nd score listed with
With over a 5000 score and ther are o lay 2 listing, I be thinking this will go up, so with only 4 cores it's not bad at all and better than iPhone, CPU the a9, please also note that rhe all new Apple iPhone 6s speeds comes from the new none Emmc HD being used, close to ufs type speed I.e. What the reviews go on about
And not the CPU, I am hopping Samsun uses new faster ufs HD in there new phones
If phones come with an sd820 and a sd card and Emmc then the speed of the phone will be only as good as the sd810 ones, I.e. No need to upgrade
6. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Damn, that's a fast chip. Also see this:
So there's a possibility of further improvement.
10. Nopers (Posts: 137; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
Are you kidding? That's weak, it just about matches last years exynos.
13. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The single core is a good from improvement from the 7420
Both single and multi core are equally important on Android
Multi core for performance in general
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Are those scores for the given frequency? As in 1.5Ghz?
27. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
No, GeekBench always read the CPU of the first core, which normally is one of the LITTLE cluster when there are more than one.
So the frequency for the big cluster is unknown.
7. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Didn't Xiaomi have an event on November 11th ?
11. Guaire (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
For that single core score, a quad core CPU should have 6400 multi-core score if it isn't big.LITTLE.
19. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It is big.LITTLE. Two of those 4 cores are clocked at much higher frequency than other two.
15. fyah_king (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
So, Apple A9 is still kicking Qualcomm's ass.lol
26. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8379; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Just FYI, the Exynos 7420 score 5000+ in multi-core. So either Xiaomi chose to clock the CPU lower to control overheating or the Exynos is just a monster.
33. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
or the exynos has 4 more cores....
the single core performance is a huge improvement
29. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Don't forget, this thing probably has ice water in its veins. They delayed it for half a year because their lives are on the line if it Apple media even has a sniff of it overheating.
So those scores are quite impressive if it has like zero throttling like it probably does.