Windows Phone 8.1 is now Bluetooth Certified
The approval covers Bluetooth 4.0. This version of Bluetooth includes the Low Energy variant of the technology, which is used for short distance connectivity like that needed to connect a handset to a health related accessory like a heart monitor.
Windows Phone 8.1 is expected to bring virtual voice-activated personal assistant Cortana to the platform, along with separate volume controls, a quick settings menu and an enhanced notifications system.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: BSIG via NokiaPoweruser
2. papss (unregistered)
When there is an update they still have to be certified
9. Meeekr (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Feb 2014)
What do you mean? Windows Phone 8.1 isn't even out yet. It doesn't get released until spring.
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Ms is software Giant company. Why they are too slow in wp to improve. Ms do it fast we didn't had expected that you guys will be slow when Nokia choose you.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm just glad I choose WP over the other options.. This is the best experience I've ever had on a smartphone...
6. Liveitup (Posts: 1787; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Same here, its a unique fluid experience.
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yep... The best... And, you don't get the highest customer satisfaction ratings just for hardware.. WP is pretty awesome..
16. ihavenoname (Posts: 1593; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Highest satisfaction ratings... Well, partly false. Samsung and Apple have highest customer-sat. ratings.
Same thing in Finland, Apple, Samsung and Nokia in Top 3, Nokia on third place.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
We all know that WP is high in customer satisfaction.. Where have you been, dude?
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
And, your link is for US carrier specific customer satisfaction.. That barely paints a real picture us user satisfaction...
It's all about basic, overall, platform customer satisfaction, and believe it, or not, WP has always come out on top...
12. Jayshmay (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Mar 2011)
That's by far the funniest comment I have ever read on a tech site, by far!!!
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You telling me about how I feel about my experience with WP? If I say it's the best experience I've ever had then it is the best experience I've ever had...
Are you saying that my opinion isn't worth as much as yours? Just what are you saying?
18. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
He is voicing his opinion on what platform he enjoys best. I don't understand whats so funny about it.
19. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
He is voicing HIS opinion on what platform he enjoys best. I don't understand whats so funny about it.
10. Penny (Posts: 1398; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Why are people having such a hard time comprehending that this is for Windows Phone 8.1, not Windows Phone 8? Getting a certification for the new operating system that's due out in a few months doesn't mean the current version doesn't have it.
13. Jayshmay (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Mar 2011)
It's a Microsoft product, so therefore the current version doesn't have a lot of things, lol!
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, dude... We're on a different level than you here..
Nobody takes that kind of immature BS serious.. Trust me, you don't want to join the handful of sorry haters... Unless it's already to late.. By the look of your profile picture you appear to be a lot more mature, and smarter than you sound.. You should go with that instead.
20. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
WP has had TRUE Bluetooth since day one unlike the iP***e.
17. Aplusk (Posts: 115; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
whats it use if it lumia bluetooth still not supports dun, ftp, rsap profile unlike symbian.