White Samsung Galaxy S II is found online selling for £492.95 ($805)
Online retailer MobileFun is now accepting orders for the handset, which is donning an entirely white exterior – rather than finding something halfway with the rear battery cover only dressed in the new color. However, it’s worth noting that an exorbitant price is attached to this one – something that might scare away some people naturally. Specifically, its £492.95 ($805) pricing is indeed steep for something flaunting a new color scheme, but then again, you’ll have the distinguished opportunity of showing off the handset to envious people.
For those curious about picking up the handset, just expect this one to start shipping on August 15th – but for US consumers considering on importing it, you might want to wait off until concrete news are released regarding the handset’s availability in the US.
source: MobileFun via AndroidGuys
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
800+ is the same amount that the original one is still. Please come to Verizon already!
18. Goldeneye (Posts: 358; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Now Samsung needs to delay the white version and get sued again by Stevo & his gang lol
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
hello rory and galaxy...sorry guys not trolling I am just bored...
5. iturd (unregistered)
I just s**t an i turd phone. Looks good going down the toilet too! Baaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaa!
8. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
You do realize that white phones were popular before Apple made the iPhone, right?
9. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
don't bother with him, twenti7, he is a lost cause.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yes if Apple does it, that means they invented it, that means only they and they alone can use it. Every phone that is white is copying the iphone.
Even I can't believe how much of an idiot you are Miz.
20. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Don't blame me for speaking the truth you two. Not my fault if the industry standard is to copy Apple.
16. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
@tweni7. Oh yeah? Which white touchscreen phone was popular before year 2008?
19. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
White phones that copied the iPhone down to the core including the UI? Yeah, I don't think so.
30. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
@gemini; When did I ever say "touchscreen"? I simply said "white phones". Apple was far from the first manufacturer to offer a white phone alongside a black one.
@Miz; While I do agree that TouchWiz looks, acts, and feels very much like iOS, (my biggest personal distaste with iOS/iPhones, along side of the smaller screens and lack of widgets, is the look and feel of the UI. Hence why if I ever bought a Samsung phone, one of the first things I would do is put on a custom launcher) it doesn't change the fact that Apple offering a white phone was as "innovative" as them offering a black one.
11. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
Oh look, its the Miz copying taco again maybe he should sue you for infringing on his being an idiot patent which you copy all the time.
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Because he's the Miz and he's AWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
7. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Don't buy online it is a scam or fake phone. It is better to wait to test and touch.
13. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
That's what they say Rory only except this Miz is even a bigger idiot then the one on the WWE which is hard to believe but it's true, who would even want to be like the Miz the guy is a moron.
23. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Better than being named after a team that lost the NBA playoffs
26. Laurynas (unregistered)
WWE is even not a real wrestling...
15. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Of course they're not copying the iphone, lol. White touchscreen phones were everywhere before the iphone :)
17. android_hitman (Posts: 651; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
OMG OMG OMG!!! NOOOOOOOOO Samsung!!! did you asked Apple if you can make a white SGS2????
i sense another law suite from apple...
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow looks just like the iPhone. I guess their hoping to trick consumers into thinking it's an Apple product.
28. Metallica_forever!!! (unregistered)
Hey Miz, is it the effect of the name that u r being n idiot or are u copying him!!!
29. troller (unregistered)
Oh crud I just copied apple, I dropped my phone in white flour >.<
Miz, umadbro? =)