Verizon Holilday lineup leak reappears, confirms Samsung Nexus Prime for Big Red
1. roldefol posted on 14 Sep 2011, 08:44 1 1
Also missing is the LG Enlighten, which has leaked all over the place (including the VZW fall catalogue!) and should be taking the reins from the Ally, while the Illusion takes over for the Vortex. I don't believe this is a complete list of new devices.
Unless what this REALLY means is that the Vigor is coming sooner than the holiday season.
17. wellduh (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:02 0 0
HTC Vigor suppose to be coming out Oct. 6 so yea thats before the holiday season
19. jogutier posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:29 3 0
Phonearena is famous for photoshop pics. LOL What a joke! Is it really that boring there. The "we are hiring" pop-up gets old too. :)
2. BobbyTaba posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:22 1 0
Damn Verizon upgrade feature phone to smartphone ends this month. Might have to get Droid bionic
4. snowgator posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:30 0 1
Still a really, really good device from reviews I have read. Maybe the Prime makes it within 30 day return period?
15. nb2six posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:44 0 1
It's 14 to back out of the agreement. Still 30 days to exchange to another device depending on where you go.
27. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:38 1 0
there's also that Radio Shack rumor that says they will slash $100 of all verizon phones
3. snowgator posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:28 1 2
Sigh .... still not even a hint of W7 Mango. Oh well, my loss. If we decide to move to Verizon , which is the most expensive option for me but has the best reception by far in my area, this is a really, really good set of Android options to choose from. I am leaning to the HTC Vigor if I go LTE, the Droid 3 if I don't. (Not going to be in my area for a long while.) My wife will drool over the Nexus Prime, so that is the most likely for her.
6. bobfreking55 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:36 0 1
I should start saving. This or the galaxy s 3??
13. remixfa posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:41 2 1
the galaxyS-3, or what we thought it was going to be anyways, is actually the Prime. the S2's successor is a long way off at this point.
29. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:40 2 0
No doubt the SG3 will be a great phone but that's another life time
7. cheeseycheeser posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:55 0 1
I wonder if I begged if they'd let me upgard my Thunderbolt early to the Vigor, or Prime for regular price.
22. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:32 1 4
good-luck Big Red is on a roll for Greediness
42. roldefol posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:02 1 0
Yes, how dare they subsidize your $500 phone and then not subsidize another $500 phone half a year later!
I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy for people whining about the eeevil phone companies when they're pretty up front about limitations. If you don't like what the fine print says, don't sign a contract.
46. MikeG77 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:11 1 0
roldefol you stole my thought : )
45. roldefol posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:09 0 0
In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to discover the $100 feature phone-to-smartphone credit actually allows me to upgrade before my NE2 date. No, Verizon isn't doing it just to be generous - they'd be getting an extra $20 worth of data plan out of me - but it is pretty sweet that they'll let me upgrade early.
49. cnwwyo posted on 14 Sep 2011, 15:27 1 0
It's not a charity case. It's a business. Businesses try to make money. If u don't like it that's ok! Nobody is gonna force u to buy verizon!
51. MikeG77 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 15:48 0 0
Finally someone gets it!
48. cnwwyo posted on 14 Sep 2011, 15:24 1 1
the vigor will be the same thing as the t-bolt maybe with minute differences. they just change the name to sell more
54. roldefol posted on 14 Sep 2011, 17:38 0 0
Sure, minute differences like a dual core processor running 50% faster, higher quality (either qHD or 720p HD) screen, different shape, probably lighter weight, bigger battery....
Not an iPhone 3G to 3GS type overhaul, but subtle improvements.
55. remixfa posted on 14 Sep 2011, 20:58 0 0
the snapdragon core is not capable of a 720p screen. The only one that might be in existance would be the Nexus Prime.. first true HD screen ever.
56. roldefol posted on 15 Sep 2011, 07:50 0 0
Yeah, I'm thinking there might have been some confounding of rumors. People may have heard VZW was getting a 720p phone (the Prime) this fall, then heard the Vigor was coming this fall and confused the two. I think the Vigor will have the same qHD S-LCD screen HTC uses on the Sensation and EVO 3D. And I'll be perfectly happy with that, as it's the best screen I've seen this side of an iP4.
I think for all intents and purposes the Sensation XE is the Vigor minus LTE.
11. Mooooo posted on 14 Sep 2011, 10:33 4 1
I think I have left some clues hehe
I currently own a Nexus S
12. yellowboy (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 10:58 0 1
Its funny how phone arena just just throws in the name nexus. Nowhere in the document does it says nexus prime and we all know by now that verizon is getting a bloated up version call samsung prime - the nexus name.
14. remixfa posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:43 0 1
notice where it says "Samsung Prime"
Thats also why I think this document is a fake. Not 2 weeks ago, we were told the prime was not its real name, and instead it was the Galaxy Nexus or some nonsence.
16. CostcoHotDogs (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:51 1 4
Still won't beat the GS2 exynos still superior
20. CostcoHotDogs (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:29 2 1
Y Allday28 tell me Why I'm an idiot?
39. remixfa posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:41 0 0
if they are both running the same version of the OS, then yea, the exynos will always be superior as its the strongest chip availible right now. What remains to be seen is how the full dual core chip support for ICS affects benchmarks and such, since its the first android phone version that has full dual core support.
21. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:30 2 1
Cosco--guess you haven't read the facts either.....none of the GS2 in America will have Exynos---
24. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:34 1 2
WTF it has already been confirmed damn are you joking or r u dumb. The FACT that both the ATnT and Sprint versions are coming with the exynos is confirmed all over the place.
23. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:34 3 1
same ole hummingbird in the GS2---no exynos--They will save it for the Prime so that will keep all you people out there on your toes waiting, and waiting, and waiting---next will be quad core--you will wait,,then will be 4.5 screens, then you will wait, then there will be quad core, 4.5 screen, LTE, 2 GB of ram and you will wait--you will never catch up--so get a phone and be happy.......
25. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:36 1 2
Oh I get a grumpy morning person HUH? does this mean you r not interested in the new techs? than Y R U here Idiot?
26. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:38 2 1
nothings been confirmed....heck sprint is getting and old iphone4 in Oct.....whoopy dooo
50. David Lee (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 15:29 0 0
Dude you're such a debbie downer.
28. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:38 3 1
what good is exynos on Sprint with a 2g network, the same for ATT's hspa 2 g network
31. costcoHotDogs posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:44 1 2
DROIDX0430 what phone do you have and where have you been the last few weeks? There was such a thing called the Samsung event that happened not too long ago where there are hundreds of people there to play with the phones. The company, reps, and people there confirmed it. The atnt site is up confirming it, wirefly is pre ordering and listing as so. So STFU because your an idiot. Oh and Sprint has wimax and Atnt has the fasted 3.5G network... man I can't believe I'm responding to such a idiot!
52. MikeG77 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 15:51 0 0
I hate to tell you costco but your acting like a bigger idiot with your little rant.
30. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:42 2 1
Coscohotdog---do you know what exynos is--other than some elaborate name--
Heck--hummingbird snap processor sounded great also--but was it????
Tegra even sounds better---
Ooooh exynos-- Gotta have it...
just like the isheep--just because it sounds and looks good
33. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:58 2 1
costcohamburger--evidentally you are not in the same league as me..i own a Bionic and have owned the Droid1, Droid2, Droid 3, X, X2, Thunderbolt and Charge---I want even troll with you if you are referencing Wirefly and think that ATT has the fastest 3g network in America--when the whole world knows who that title belongs to...And it's not ATT or Sprint.....Later...I thought you were up to speed--but in your choosing of a screen name also confirms my thoughts about you....Later--o and stop giving yourself thumbs up....and I'm ON LTE--know what that means--and who has the fastest LTE...
35. bolaG posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:09 2 0
I dont get why people fuss about the name of the phone. Cant people just be content that its going to be the first phone with the combo of LTE, Dual Core, Super Amoled HD, and ICS? Who cares if its call Galaxy Nexus, Nexus Prime, Droid Prime, or what ever else they may name it.
36. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:14 3 0
I will be by Costco today to get me of those Hebrew National Hotdogs..
37. Goldeneye posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:23 2 0
Good luck but they only carry Kirkland's dogs in the food court
38. Scourge posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:30 0 1
Wait, wait, wait, wait.... Where's the side-model of the Samsung Droid Charge? Was at a vendor fair a month ago and the samsung rep was rocking a DROID Charge with a slide out keyboard.. same specs on the phone just with a keyboard (LTE, 4.3", Super AMOLED+, etc)....
Now, I could be totally wrong here, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and suggest that the "Samsung Prime" isn't the Nexus Prime, but the slide out keyboard Droid Charge upgrade?
I swear he said the name started with a P but I can't remember if he said the word "Prime" or not.
Guess we will just have to see...
44. roldefol posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:06 0 0
That slide-out model would be the Samsung Stratosphere. This article has it replacing the Fascinate, but hardware wise it's closer to the Charge.
47. DROIDX0430DBAG (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:33 0 1
@DROID0430 I've been reading some of your comments and they make no sense at all except that you are a TROLL! get a life D-BAG
53. bolaG posted on 14 Sep 2011, 16:28 0 0
Hahahaha. your talking about trolling his comments and then call him a troll?! wtf?! This is hypocrisy at its finest lmao.
57. cpurcell (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 17:17 0 0
did you mean October 17th to November 24th?