Tim Cook posted this blurry photo from his iPhone right after the Broncos win
Tim Cook posts god-awful blurry photo from his iPhone at Superbowl (UPDATE: takes it down!)
114. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
Cook's face on that thumb is like zombie from resident evil 1 that animation when he turns head..
h?q=resident+evil+1&safe=activ e&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=is ch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOj_TDnevKA hWJC5oKHcQvC9EQ_AUIBygB&biw=36 0&bih=561#imgrc=wNEMJT5nGtbpRM %3A
118. Scott93274 (Posts: 4130; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Dude, you're right!!!! lol, nothing to do with the article but still appreciated! Great catch!
173. My1cent (Posts: 342; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Y'all are wrong!!
It's not a blurry picture but the newest feature, 3D image!!! (or virtual reality image?!)
48. lyndon420 (Posts: 3870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup lol. Once it's on the web it's out there forever. Looking forward to Cook's explanation.
60. MrElectrifyer (limited) (Posts: 2192; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Timmy got mad at the guy that made the poster:
66. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Iphones generally do pretty good, but that lack of OIS really hurt it here.
115. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8411; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
This has nothign to do with OIS. Its has all to do with the cheap camera on the 6s models.
We already saw in PA's own tests that the iPhone 6S doesnt take better pictures than the previous model.
73. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11378; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I heard he wanted to use the S6, but the RAM management closed the camera app on him shortly before the battery died.
77. jeroome86 (Posts: 857; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
LOL. Really he should of thought about that pic before posting.
My 6 plus takes some good pics.
78. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11378; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Same. Both have taken great photos for me.
92. marorun (Posts: 3163; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
I hate samsung deeply. but not a single samsung user told me its camera app closed because of other app opened ;)
95. tedkord (Posts: 10263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course not. It's his pattern - see something negative about Apple, try to deflect the negative attention to Samsung or Android. If there's nothing negative to user, make something up.
166. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11378; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I don't think you understood what I meant.
103. FrenchGuy (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Dec 2014)
Mentioning the battery life of the S6 when you speak about the iPhone 6 doesn't make your comment relevant at all... Really.
And please, don't think I'm a hatet. I use both devices. The battery life of the s6 is not great but it's even worse for the 6/6s...
116. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8411; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
More like, he wanted to take a picture with the S6, but employees from Apple brand, can't be seen in public using better hardware from another brand.
164. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11378; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Better hardware? Let's talk when the Note 5 isn't closing everything in the background or TouchWiz lagging more than molasses pouring in 0 degree weather.
168. cheetah2k (Posts: 1507; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Whaaat? Never had an issue with the S6 or Note5. Stop smokin crack
86. SIGPRO (Posts: 1377; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
I can think of 2 things Apple would say.
1: Blurry pictures this is a new feature patented by Apple.
2: Tim Cook was houlding it wrong.....
112. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
He was pissed
54. Podrick (Posts: 457; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
And some people say iphone has "best" camera.
119. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8411; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The iPhone has always had a crappy camera. The problem was, older phones has even crappier cameras.
But at least Samsung and HTC got better over time, while Apple basically stayed the same.
The camera in the 4/4S are terrible, but then back then they were not. The 5's all basically have the same camera and so does the 6. They all use the same 8MP cheap shooter.
again, I am not saying any OEM should be goign for spec ware. What I am saying is, with all the money Apple has, they should be leading any spec war. The iPhone shoudl already have a 16MP sensor at the least. It should already have 3/4GB of RAM, minimum 64Gb of storage and 1440p displays.
After all, if the Note 5 with 1440p and 4 times the hardware can be better at everything over the iPhone 6S+, what is Apple doing with all that money other than hiding it from the government.
140. tedkord (Posts: 10263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Come on. That's ridiculous. The iPhone had never had a crappy camera. They've always been very good, though not necessarily the best on a smartphone.
154. jeroome86 (Posts: 857; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Not to mention HTC is not known for their camera quality. You have to take what he says with a huge grain of salt.
171. Diezparda (Posts: 844; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Agreed! I'm using both Android & iOS so i know both qualities. I think most people prefer using the iPhone camera because their simple interface and pretty much good result without too much settings, but i think that's also becoming their weakness for those who want to experiment with mobile camera for better result.
161. ecmedic4 (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Ive always got quite pleasing results with the iPhone camera. Currently have the 6 Plus and have a very good video at night of a Arch Medical helicopter landing at the hospital i work at. And funny you say the iPhone should already have a 16 MP camera but samsung is reducing their's to 12 MP from 16. The iPhone 6S/Pus has 12 MP camera which is not the same as the 8MP camera from previous models. Neither is the 8MP camera on the iPhone 6/Pus, its a different camera from the iPhone 5S. Your good at making up stuff tho without actual facts to back up ur claims. And 1440p I think its overkill for a smartphone screen. Just because someone else is doing it doesn't mean everyone should or that its needed.
4. AlikMalix (Posts: 5084; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I'm an iPhone fan, but that's redicously funny as hell. The irony is so way up there that Mars landing in 2030 would be jealous. The haters won't let this go for years - and I wouldn't blame them.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5348; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
It's bad PR. The over excitment from the game might have gotten to him.
Night shot need steady hands.
47. xocomaox (Posts: 120; Member since: 14 Dec 2015)
My question is, why would he share this picture?
82. tacarat (Posts: 726; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
It probably looked ok on a little screen. And by little screen, I mean "not a full size computer monitor". Add a few beers as well.
141. tedkord (Posts: 10263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The image on my phone, taking up less than half the 5.7 inch screen, is obviously blurry. Screen size had nothing to do with it, unless Cook had a special 1 inch screened iPhone.
162. tacarat (Posts: 726; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
For the purposes of this experiment, you should also consume one Superbowl's worth of alcohol too.
137. lyndon420 (Posts: 3870; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'll give Tim the benefit of doubt...he probably has (had) his twitter account set up to automatically upload pics as it's taken. I hope this isn't the case as it's more fun to label him as an idiot.
8. shy2papa (Posts: 296; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
OMG that's hilarious can't stop laughing lol
10. vliang86 (Posts: 133; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
I'm switching to Android this year!! Anyone??
93. marorun (Posts: 3163; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Been taking night shot on my moto x play and its never thats blurry lol
My phone cost half the price of an iphone...
135. vliang86 (Posts: 133; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
I had my Samsung S6 two months ago and sold it. Now I regret!
12. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1012; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
I don't think he's going to take well on Samsung phone either, his hand the problem not the phone.
Time for Cook to stop being single, so that his hand will recovered, if you know what I mean
88. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3262; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
its called auto tracking for moving images keeps focus for you. look it up. even a drunk handed person with a gs6 could have closed their eyes and taken a better shot.
94. marorun (Posts: 3163; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Same on the moto x play i tryed taking pic shaking and even moving the phone non stop and none came out this blurry.
15. jesus_sheep (Posts: 223; Member since: 18 Apr 2015)
It's common knowledge that Tim Cook uses a Windows phone as his daily driver. Hence the blur.
61. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
You mean like the ones that introduced optical image stabilization? Duh.
130. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1040; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
So this is clearly not the work of the Lumia 1020, 920, 928, 930, 1520, 950 or 950 xl. Ok.
155. Bernoulli (Posts: 3741; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Most idiotic user I've seen in a while right here lads.
17. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Think before you post Tim... Think... And look at the damn picture before posting... Or perhaps a visit to the optometrist is in order?