T-Mobile officially announces LG Optimus L9
got the facts right once again: T-Mobile announced that it will be adding the LG Optimus L9 to its Android lineup for anyone who wishes to take advantage of its unlimited 4G wireless service.
In case you aren't familiar with the LG Optimus L9 yet, think of it as the Optimus L7's big brother. As such, it packs a bigger, 4.5-inch display (540 by 960 pixels) and sports a body following the same contemporary design principles, such as the rectangular look in combination with a slim profile. The chip doing all the processing is of the dual-core kind and runs at 1GHz. On its back resides a 5-megapixel camera coupled with an LED flash, which is capable of recording 1080p video while shooting full-res photos at the same time. A 2,150mAh battery provides the power needed to last you through the day.
On the software side, Android 4.0 ICS comes pre-loaded, with the usual for LG visual tweaks. In addition LG QuickMemo has been thrown in, for instances when users need to write down a quick note, as well as SmartShare, which is an app allowing content to be shared wirelessly over DLNA.
The LG Optimus L9 is scheduled for launch this fall, although a more specific launch date has not been revealed yet. Pricing is also to be announced at a later date.
LG AND T-MOBILE ANNOUNCE STYLISH, POWERFUL LG OPTIMUS L9
Sleek LG Optimus L9 Features 4.5-inch qHD Display, Long-Lasting Battery for Extended Connectivity and Delivers Superior 4G Experiences and Value with the Power of T-Mobile’s Nationwide Network.
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 8, 2012 — LG Electronics USA and T-Mobile USA, Inc., today announced that the stylish and powerful LG Optimus L9 smartphone will be available this fall.
Built with a sleek, stylish frame that is only 0.36-inches thin, and surrounded by premium metal trim to provide designer-level styling, the LG Optimus L9 is the latest in the style-focused L-Series of smartphones from LG. Following other popular L-Series phones, such as the Optimus L3, L5 and L7 that were released globally earlier this year, all L-Series phones are designed around five primary aesthetic elements: Modern Square Style for comfortable grip, Floating Mass Technology for a slimmer look, Seamless Layout for a more intuitive arrangement of keys, Harmonized Design Contrast utilizing metallic accents and Sensuous Slim Shape that naturally draws the user’s attention.
“The LG Optimus L9 gives our customers an amazing 4G experience packaged in a stylish design,” said Brad Duea, senior vice president, product management, T-Mobile USA. “And, when coupled with T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan, T-Mobile customers have the freedom to live an always-connected lifestyle on our 4G network– whether that means watching videos, streaming music or searching the Web – without having to worry about overage charges or surprise bills.”
LG Optimus L9 features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and a gorgeous 4.5-inch qHD Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 display for bright colors and clear text. LG Optimus L9 is equipped with a long-lasting 2,150 mAh battery so users can watch video, listen to music, explore the Internet or chat with friends and family for hours with just one charge.
“As the latest device in LG’s L-Series smartphones, LG Optimus L9 has been designed to fulfill users’ needs for a slim, stylish device that is comfortable to use,” said James Fishler, senior vice president of marketing and go-to-market operations, LG Electronics USA. “With LG Optimus L9, users can take advantage of premium smartphone features – a stunning display, a powerful processor and a long-lasting battery – in a sleek design.”
LG Optimus L9 also features LG QuickMemo™, a smartphone experience with powerful note-taking capabilities that lets users add commentary, notes and drawings to screenshots with a few swipes of a finger, then share them with friends and family via social media and email. LG Optimus L9 provides users with a five-megapixel camera and true-to-life 1080p HD video recording capability, so all of life’s important moments can be captured with clarity. For spontaneous photo-worthy events, the LG Optimus L9 lets users snap photos while simultaneously capturing video and take advantage of voice-activated photos using “Cheese Shot” by simply saying “cheese” to snap a picture.
LG Optimus L9 features a suite of connectivity technology. Whether it’s streaming high definition movies over T-Mobile’s 4G network, sharing a data connection with up to five devices using LG Optimus L9 as a Portable Wi-Fi® Hotspot via T-Mobile’s Smartphone Mobile HotSpot feature with a qualifying rate plan, or making calls over a Wi-Fi network with T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling feature, LG Optimus L9 has the wireless capabilities to keep users connected virtually wherever they are.
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.5-inch qHD Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 Display
- T-Mobile Blazing-Fast Nationwide 4GNetwork
- Sleek, Stylish Design and Slim Profile
- Powerful 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- LG QuickMemo™
- 5-megapixel camera with LED Flash
- True-to-Life 1080p HD Recording
- Simultaneous Video/Photo Capture
- Long-Lasting 2,150 mAh Battery
- Wi-Fi® Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/a
- Wi-Fi Calling: Make calls via your Wi-Fi connection in areas with little to no coverage, such as a basement
- T-Mobile Smartphone Mobile HotSpot: share a 4G data connection with up to five compatible wireless devices with a qualifying rate plan
- Bluetooth® Version: 3.0 + HS
- SmartShare: share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
- Slacker Radio: create personalized music, news, sports and comedy on the go
- Video Player with Touch Lock, Dolby® Mobile,1 and Resume Play Function; Supports DivX®, WMV, MP4, 3GP, and 3G2 Formats
- Music Player with Dolby Mobile; Supports MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, and WAV Formats
- Rear-Facing Camera Resolutions up to 2592 x 1944 (default)
- Cheese Shot: simply say “cheese” to take a picture
- Shot Mode: choose from Normal, Panorama, and Continuous shot
- Customizable Scene Mode, Brightness, ISO, White Balance, Color Effect, Silly Faces, Backgrounds, Timer, and Shutter Sound
Close newer posts
Now reading: T-Mobile officially announces LG Optimus L9older posts
1. Birds (Posts: 848; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
This is a good option for first time buyers. LG has recently began to step up with their mid range options...
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4176; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And once again, T-Mobile gets the mid-range phone of the group...
T-Mobile officially announces LG Optimus L9