Sundar Pichai claims Google never attempted to buy WhatsApp
2. karim77 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I simply don't believe him,google never misses a chance of buying a company that is worth their money,but in this case facebook were really serious and they bought whatsapp for a huge amount (and it would be crazy if google went with over 19 billion to buy whatsapp)
6. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Google already has gtalk, hangouts, voice, what does whatsapp give them? Nothing but users which they already have on android.
7. Blazers (Posts: 425; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Those are active users, unlike hangouts. Yes you automatically have hangouts when you create a Google account, but the majority don't actively use hangouts as their messaging service especially outside of the US.
9. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
facebook has messenger what's your point ?
3. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I never believed the $10 billion and the one about toping FB jaw dropping offer... But i also dont believe google didnt make an offer at all.. They must have put up atleast $1 billion, am sure of it!!
4. stealthd (unregistered)
What's with the skepticism on this? Why would they lie? There's nothing there but speculation. There's unconfirmed third-party rumors vs a semi-official statement from Google, who's more reliable?
5. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I've no reason not believe him over rumor.
They may have been interested, but the rest is probably as stated, an offer was never made.
8. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Switch to Telegram and forget about this war b/w Google and Facebook