Sony reveals new Lightning plug equipped iPhone clock radio dock
Spotted on Sony’s website in Japan, the conglomerate has a new Lightning connector equipped SRS-GC11IP clock radio dock for the iPhone 5 and new iPod. Sony has a long history of making clock radios of various forms and the majority of them have been functional without undue whiz-bang features. This new docking clock is no different.
Listed as “coming soon,” the SRS-GC11IP does what you would expect it to, it tells the time, has an AM and FM radio and a sleep timer. On top of that, it will also serve as an alarm clock, using the radio, a buzzer or your iPhone/iPod music library. There is also a remote control just in case you cannot roll in bed to control the thing.
You want Bluetooth connectivity? Forget it. Wi-Fi radio? Nope. Set your iPhone or iPod physically into the cradle to play your music (and charge your device). The approximate date of shipping for this new Sony accessory is April 18th and it will cost ¥6,980 ($71). There is no word if it will make its way anywhere outside of Japan at this point.
sources: Sony (Japan) via Engadget
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 12618; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah like the camera used in the iPhone 5.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Aww....that's nice, Sony!
So, when is Apple gonna reveal their new Lightning plug equipped Xperia clock radio dock?
14. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
apple cant even produce their own sensor. so what to expect from them
20. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
And yet they make it better than on Sony phones!
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh great, even the accessories are made by one of the android oem, another slap to shameless Apple
9. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
That makes no sense, its "Oh great, another Android OEM bends down and kisses Apples ass by making them accessories" ... I'm joking, but it's good to see companies working/sharing together with products. Do you just expect everyone to make it for themselves?! Pffft. Oh look its another fanboy with nothing good to say!
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i don't understand how you guys roll ?
if it's a flying iphone it's real
if it's a flying samsung galaxy S4 it's real
have you even read the article it says it's on the sony website
13. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
sorry it's a flying iphone 5 it's fake*
it's a flying GS4 it's real
16. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Thats nice. Atleast they are not fighting over patent like others.
17. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
why don't you make such a great accessory for your own phones?
i want one of these for my XZ.
18. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Gotta love Sony,
Sell a overpriced accessory for all the "Hip" people to buy because they know no better
19. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Sheep is a "bad" word LOL
21. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Better to have tons of options than none....