Sony is working on a smaller-sized Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact?
1. TouchWiZSucks (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 May 2014)
Reduce the damn bezels if you wanna call it compact.
10. Feanor (Posts: 454; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Why on earth are small bezels important for a tablet? I think it's important for a tablet to have somewhere to rest your thumbs. It's not like you can fit the tablet in your jeans pocket anyway.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, you're called Settings, so I think you have an option to hide those bezel hater posts on your Settings menu. Am I right, Settings?
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Oh the irony, you are among the first in the line to hate on samsung articles -_-
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Bring it on Sony! My nexus 7 wants to retire :D
8. Planterz (Posts: 1490; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
8-8.5" is ideal for me, as long as the side bezels (when held in portrait) are minimal. I happen to think my LG G Pad 8.3 is perfectly sized; big enough screen for comfortable viewing, small enough to hold in one hand. I honestly see no reason (yet) to replace my 8.3 with anything, despite its slightly aged specs, but an 8-9" Xperia Z tablet is definitely intriguing. If it's anything like the previous Z tablets, it'll be light, very thin, and waterproof. Who wouldn't want that?
9. vuyonc (Posts: 667; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Small flagship tablets are on a roll lately. Nexus 7 2013, GPad 8.3, Tab S 8.4, MiPad , Shield Tablet and now this :D Now the Volantis really has to impress!
11. mixedfish (Posts: 645; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Nothing can beat the Z Ultra, it's like sub $400 now.
12. kkmkk (Posts: 195; Member since: 06 May 2013)
i don't hate the bezel on my z2 smartphone in fact they come really useful when you are the phone in landscape orientation especially with the front stereo speakers
but for me the bezel on the z2 tablet are just too much and they should reduce it by 50% at least
and BTW if they launch the z3 tablet compact i will the first one to get it
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They better. Always wanted a small size sony tablet.
14. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 218; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Under 8 inches... Hmm...just give it radio/call functions and this could be a much desirable Xperia Z Ultra 2...
15. 21babydoll12 (unregistered)
Agreed, thin bezel or not. I rather have space for my fingers to hold my tab securely. Too many trolls.
16. Remmy (Posts: 81; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Sony should bring new tablet multi-tasking features like Multi-Window from Samsung's Galaxy Tab line. :(