Sony Xperia Z1 photo and video samples show off its 20.7MP camera
Sony Xperia Z1 photo samples
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
9th one is the best even when its zoomed in.
but we can't decide until the full review.
5. torgrim (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Ouch... Video ok, but photos dont impress at all... Hope Im wrong!
6. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
check here for impressive samples and complete camera review
19. x_maly_x (Posts: 69; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Impressive...? Are you blind? They good , but not even close to 808 and 1020...
21. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
keep on dreaming
z1 beats ur larger sensor lumia 1020
no keep on crying like a small baby
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8843; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope sorry. Sony did pretty good with their new camera, but Lumia 1020 still blows everything away.
26. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
a smaller sensor coming close to larger sensor
is a shame for lumia 1020
35. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, at first you said z1 beats 1020, after papasmurf said something, you 'admit' it only coming close, and then try to defend it by writing some mumbojumbo... i guess people with real eyes will know better...
46. x_maly_x (Posts: 69; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
wicpromd...Change the eye doctor...this cheating on you...
40. heyhi (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
im sorry man but this is not as good as i was expecting...if these are real, im kind of disappointed.
when you click on the samples you can see the pic, but it says scaled 15%...when i click on the photo, it gets its real size i guess and then i see a lot of dots and noise.
im not an expert, photographer, whatever...maybe im wrong, seeing things, but thats not what i was expecting.
44. boosook (Posts: 1081; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Frankly speaking, I'm not impressed by the samples at all, even considering that they have been shot in dull weather. There's something "wrong" in Sony's approach to image processing: there are evident noise reduction artifacts (just look at the images at 100% size) and there's not much detail. Perhaps, 20mp are too much on a sensor that is bigger than traditional smartphone sensor, yet not bigger than the sensor you find in compact cameras that exhibits problems as soon as they go above 16mp. Sony's approach is to feed the masses with more megapixels: unfortunately, this does not translate to image quality. The G lens won't save a sensor that crams too many pixels in too little space.
7. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
according to medhodology consumer assesments
xperia z1 takes better images as.compared to lumia 1020,htc one,lumia 925,iphone 5 and galaxy s4
check here for proof and the real.claim
14. papss (unregistered)
Wow I can't believe you would post something from a Sony site as fact.. Stop you spin on reality
16. pwnarena (Posts: 965; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
read first. they said it's conducted by an independent research agency. however, i'm also taking those results with a pinch of salt. it's just like a phonearena test. they may try skewing things by deliberately trying to use angles that make the resulting photos less than desired.
18. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
it will be not a surprise if z1 loses to lumia 1020 due to smaller sensor as compared to lumia 1020
but what if those claims are true??
what if a snaller sensor is coming close to a much bigger sensor?
why would a brand make a false claims??
22. pwnarena (Posts: 965; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i really hope that's the case. i like sony. at least, when it comes to cameras, they should be on top.
37. papss (unregistered)
Wow, did you just ask why a brand would make a false claim?? Lol oh man...
29. rd_nest (Posts: 814; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
They said the same when they launched XZ. We all know how that turned out. Pathetic at best (for XZ camera quality)
30. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
lol u r making up things by urself??
they never ever claimed with xperia z
if they claimed there might be some proof as i gave for z1 claims
can u please give the same for xperia z and prove urself??
8. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 381; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
LMFAO@ the guy with beard in the 10th picture xD
10. sergiobr (Posts: 432; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
No need to buy 1020, thanks Sony ! Android inside.
12. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
lol nokia or sammy fanboy
u were the 1 who always bashed xperia honami or Z1
but changing usernames is not the only result
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8843; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony almost caught up to the Lumia 1020, but the term "world's best" doesn't apply to the Z1.
28. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
sure we will see the comparisons
then everything will be cleared what r claims and what is best
15. pwnarena (Posts: 965; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
they look like lumia 1020 photos but obviously less detailed. i'm really looking forward to the low light results similar to the one they boasted on their website with the baby photo in a dark room. let's see if that's really true.
17. evil_slayer (Posts: 50; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
the awkward moment when this phone was rumored to take 4k videos,and then turned out it don't,and now i found out that note 3 does take 4k videos :S
20. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
as if u have a 25000$ 4k t.v
and u keep on watching 4k content whole day 24x7
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8843; Member since: 14 May 2012)
4K is pointless atm, but when rumors said that the Z1 will record in 4K, everyone wet their pants. Now that it doesn't, and the Note 3 does, it's okay? Lol I'm sensing a little bias.
24. pwnarena (Posts: 965; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
don't worry mr slayer. enabling 4k capture is just a matter of a software update. the cpu inside z1 already supports 4k capture and it comes with a high resolution camera sensor.
i just think sony thought it is impractical to offer 4k video capture when you don't really have that much memory.
fret not, if everybody is already offering it, sony may just enable it with a software update although nobody may really be using that feature that much.
31. evil_slayer (Posts: 50; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
i was just thinking about that sony may just do that pwnarena,i have to agree though,4k at the moment is unnecessary,mainly because of the size(i mean,i still record 720p videos on my phone because i dont want my memory to be filled quickly)
but still people gonna fight over this im sure(you know sony vs samsung wars and all)
(but hey,anyone wants to fight about this,acer announced a phone with 4k recording before samsung :P :P)
34. torgrim (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Is it just me that see all the noise in the photos? Eg. the face for the bearded man in photo 10 looks like he have white dots painted in his face. Skin tones look awful. The dots and noise are all over objects 4+ feets away from camera... The phone hardware is great, the design is great, but if the camera cant even compare to the S4 or IPhone 5 its a no buy for me. Well, have to wait for the real review/comparisin, but these samples are not promising...
38. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The camera is good, but it's hardly the 'world's leading smartphone camera', as claimed by Sony.
41. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Wow! Tha'ts a very clean camera sample! WIN!
42. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Yuck..what ugly phone is that with the poor viewing angles (picture #1)..horrible..and the design
otherwise image quality is good (for a Sony device)
43. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Horrible phone, as always, nothing special, camera quality is only thing good about it, and it doesn't even look that good either.
45. anleoflippy (Posts: 314; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
The wallpaper ruins it.
lol at your username