Some iPhone 6 Plus units are suffering from a weird camera issue
1. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
And by some PA of course means only 9 iPhones ;)
19. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11849; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Issues on the iphone are sometimes blown out of proportions
20. vincelongman (Posts: 4150; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Same with problems with every device
Cause people with the problem complain
People without the problem don't
So we only heard the people complaining
E.g. I haven't had any issues with Lollipop on my Nexus 5
But I dont use the torch for long periods or clear all apps out of recents, so that's probably why
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
OIS works better than 95% of the phones I've used. Only phones it loses to is the N4 and Lumia series.
32. cripton805 (Posts: 1428; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What about all of the lag once the iPhone receives an update?
35. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8811; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Name one? Every single iPhone model has had connection problems with WiFi and Cellular. EVERY SINGLE MODEL.
The iPhone 4 antenna issue was not a small problem which is way Apple had a bumper already being made,
You idiots have this thing where out of a certain number the problem is small. Lets use your logic.
7B people live on this planet. ON a few million have cancer. Should we let them all die and do nothing about it because its a small problem compared to the population? Considering that, if you ever get cancer we should let you die, after all since I don't have cancer why should I care if you have it. After all its YOUR problem. Right? That how you all think, and that makes you ignorant.
A problem is a problem, no matter the size. The only problem that isn't a problem is if there is no problem. If something wrong is reported, its a problem...big or small. To think otherwise makes you ignorant.
They weren't blown out of proportion. Since Apple sells millions of phones, a single problem is potentially a bigger problem. Just like any one else who sells millions of phones. Most of APple problems effect ll their phones, just not everyone espereinces it.
Another example? Theer are thousands of viruses for Windows, yet only 20% or less of the total Windows user group are every infected. That means its a small problem right? If so then why does Microsoft invest money into making Windows safer. Why waste money since onluy a small percentage of usersever get an infection nd the ones who do, its mostly their own fault.
Suppose hospitals thought like you. After all, most ailments people get like colds, cancer and more are all the persons fault. Why should we try to fix you.
Just showing you how ignorant you iFans think. If everyone thought like you, the world would be in worse shape than it is now. "I" equals "selfish". That's why I don't buy "I" products.
46. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2746; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You are seriously comparing bugs in devices to diseases from which people die? Even 1 person dying is more important than all smartphones together not being able to use WiFi. Also tech2 was being sarcastic, since Apple said there were only
47. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2746; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
9 customers complaining about bend iPhones
49. techperson211 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Just as you said there's always software updates. How ironic when android has issues it is also blown out of proportion. The only difference is Google acknowledge it and apple don't.
26. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
9 is too much...darkjedi doesnt have any problem, so no problem at all with iP6/6+ all over the world.
2. BobLawblaw (unregistered)
My xperia z3 records like that under water.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My Note 4 records like that when it is in the presence of Marijuana. Marijuana smoke (contact effect) seems to produce the effect faster.
25. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I don't think Note would smoke marijuana because Note is a straight Edge
44. Phonecall01 (unregistered)
That's a lot of fishes in the Apple store.
45. mixedfish (Posts: 1154; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Well perhaps they're living under a rock.
3. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 293; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Apple premium price and quality once again :-)
36. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8811; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
None of the past issues have. So it wont now. Bu no single phone model released by anyone has ever had this many problems.
This years cheap iPhone is really cheap. Cheap storage, cheap camera, cheap metal case and cheap glass on the display.
Everything is cheap about this model but the price that went up $100. Tim Cook is laughing to the bank.
22. Sauce2 (banned) (Posts: 199; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Just like the Note's (1,2,3&4) laggy and unbearably nonsmooth camera interface :(
34. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Sure you aren't referring to the ipad 4 interface? That is choppy as hell.
42. Sauce2 (banned) (Posts: 199; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
The screen. I.e taking the pic. Choppy. Laggy. Maybe I just got used to my iPhone 6's buttery movements. Good thing I didn't buy my friends Note 4.
48. AntiFanBoyz (unregistered)
My wife's Note 4 camera is smoother than my iPhone 5 camera.
6. willytbk (Posts: 219; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
covered by warranty, one to one exchange at least.
9. sonisoe (Posts: 406; Member since: 06 May 2009)
while this happens to only a fraction of a percentage, still not easy to build a phablet heh ? learn from samsung...
11. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
***not easy to build a camera with OIS, learn from NOKIA***
38. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8811; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Apple didn't build this camera, Sony did most likely.
50. techperson211 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Blame it to other oem ? What a typical excuse. Most oem camera are supplied by Sony.
12. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This thing is pretty different than what I am used to from Apple. Rushed to change the resolution when they realized 750p was garbage on 4.7, let alone a 5.5 inch screen. The low clocked A8 without an iPad mini or iPad Air sized battery just couldn't handle 2k resolution so they had to go out of their comfort prevent fragmentation zone and go1080p.
Then they chose the wrong memory type and now this. That's pathetic yet still not as pathetic as the iPhone 6 resolution and battery life.
13. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Whoa, looks bad! Also looks kinda fake; I don't see how a broken/misconstructed OIS would create regular patterns of waves like that... I'd expect blurring or irregular vibrations, not 70's special effects!
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Shaky hands" will be new "you holding it wrong" :D
16. SPASE (Posts: 205; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Whoa,,,,, Dont be smoking no wacky tobacy while watching the clip lol
17. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2746; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Here is another exampe..https://www.youtube.com/watch?
It's making me seasick lol. But I'm sure Apple will replace the faulty ones. It does seem to be the OIS since they here mechanical clicking during the shoot. So the lens is going up and down.
33. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They better replace it if you paid 1g for it.
30. jcass5467 (unregistered)
Never have any issues like that on my g3
39. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8811; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
More are coming. The cheap glass on the front is going to turn colors.
40. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8811; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung need to hurry and make a commercial for this.
41. Fazz1977 (Posts: 153; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
OIS isn't a magic bullet. If you move while taking a shot, you'll get blur. Even my $5k SLRs with insanely expensive glass get motion blur if I move the camera during a shot... shock horror.
Phone cameras are bloody awful anyway.
43. Phonecall01 (unregistered)
What's the big deal? That's an IOS 8.1 feature called "Underwater simulation"