Some Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 features apparently confirmed, UI screenshots revealed
Today, XperiaBlog reportedly confirmed some of the features of the upcoming handset, also noting that this is the same device previously rumored to be codenamed Xperia Sirius. According to the blog, it’s been confirmed that the D6503 / Sirius features: a 5.2-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels, a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 MSM-8974-AB processor (which may also be included in HTC’s rumored One+ / M8), Adreno 330 GPU, 3GB of RAM, a 20.7MP rear camera, and a 2.1MP camera on the front.
We still don’t know if the D6503 / Sirius will be called Xperia Z2. Sony might announce the new handset at MWC next month, possibly alongside the 5-inch Xperia Canopus.
Some screenshots allegedly presenting the UI of the D6503 were posted by XperiaBlog, as well as in a thread at the XDA Developers forum. It’s said that the screenshots date from November 2013 - that’s why they show Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on the device. But the handset should run Android 4.4.2 KitKat at launch, so the UI will be different. You can see the screenshots below.
Sony D6503 / Sirius UI screenshots
sources: XperiaBlog, XDA Developers forum
1. Teja171 (unregistered)
Android 4.4 + Xperia UI = Awesome experience.
24. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Even more leaks:
It seems there are lots of great features.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This should be ZL's successor judging from the model number (D6503), and the Z2 is (D6603).
13. KParks23 (Posts: 462; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I agree if this is the z2 then I'm disappointed u got lg and samsung readying 2k displays and more this can't be the flagship..
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And whats the use of 2K display on a 5" display except for battery drainage?
I think FHD is more than enough.
23. Feanor (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
True. How can anyone justify the jump to 2K displays? Even if there is going to be some gain, it will be imperceptible. On the contrary the toll on performance and battery will be noticable. I'd have anytime a proportionally smaller, thinner battery module, than a 2K screen.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
3GB ram? Hmmm this should be interesting sony
4. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
As long as new design, this thing will rock
5. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
6. GMS85 (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
+1GB RAM common SONY! Seriously ?? I have the Xperia Z1 already, If this is the case my beloved Sony then I think time has come for change :)
18. _KIRA_ (Posts: 19; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)
I you already have a Z1, then why are you complaining?
21. buccob (Posts: 1564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
first world problems.... 2GB is already more than enough, I dare you to fill it up and have less than 100 mb free....
7. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 794; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Would be fun though if OEMs added their own Easter Eggs on top of Google's
9. nitin.masand (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
i dont think ill switch from z1 just for 1 gb of ram !!
12. mokhtar (Posts: 271; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
We dont know if it is the zl succesor or the z2 , i dont think its the z2 sony its not stupid
26. kelso (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
ill = not in full health; sick.
I'll = I will : I shall
10. nazyr1803 (Posts: 81; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
and the ui will come to z,zl,zr,z ultra, z1 compact, z1 and t2 ultra... just guessing
11. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I wonder if any U.S. carriers will actually carry the device this time? I really do hope so, because I will definitely be picking one of these bad boys up if it's running Kit Kat.
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You're so intelligent that you can guess from the screenshots!
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Needs a great display, longer lasting battery, sharpen up on camera quality and this thing should be excellent!
19. Gulenkov (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Stop, the screenshot shows us a 4.9 inch display.
Int he article we see 5.2 inch.
Where's the truth?