Some Samsung Galaxy S5 specs reportedly confirmed. New Galaxy S5 Mini and S5 Zoom might join the flagship
SamMobile received word from an “insider” that the Galaxy S5 would come with a Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560 pixels) display - just as previously rumored. The screen will likely measure 5.25 inches. On the back, the S5 will reportedly have a 16MP camera (perhaps with optical image stabilization, but that's not confirmed). As in the case of older Galaxies, two processors will be used for the Galaxy S5, depending on model: a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, and an eight-core Samsung Exynos 6.
Design-wise, the Galaxy S5 should have a plastic version, as well as a metal version. SamMobile is a Dutch website, so it revealed the prices of both versions in Euro: around €650 for the plastic one, and around €800 for the metal handset. In the US, we assume the prices will be around $650 and around $800, respectively.
Naturally, the Galaxy S5 should run Android 4.4 KitKat, but it’s not clear if Samsung’s new Magazine UX will be on top of it (probably yes). The amount of RAM, internal memory, battery, the presence or absence of a fingerprint scanner - all these are still mysteries for now.
In addition to launching the Galaxy S5, it’s said that Samsung prepares the release of a Galaxy S5 Mini and a Galaxy S5 Zoom. Yep, it looks like the South Korean company is sticking to its S4 strategy from last year, when we had an S4 Mini and an S4 Zoom. Both the S5 Mini and S5 Zoom should run Android 4.4 KitKat, featuring Super AMOLED displays (unknown size and resolution). The S5 Mini could be announced in May, while the camera-centric S5 Zoom might be introduced in June.
As always, although “confirmed” was used in this post, nothing is truly confirmed until a product is officially announced. So things may change. We'll definitely let you know when (and if) they do.
1. PootisMan (Posts: 203; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Man, display sizes just keep getting bigger and bigger.
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And iPhone is getting taller and taller. Just sayin.
10. AciMars (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
iphone just one changing screen to make aspect ratio to 16:9. Just........ how many st*pid people saying future phone getting "taller and taller"
27. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Mxzy and ExperiaDroid, why don't you 2 both getalong....?
34. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
An Apple fanboy troll and a normal Android user tech lover will never getalong.
36. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Hey Experia, Mxzy has calmed down from befor. Iv'e read quite a few posts from Mxzy and he was being honest and truthfull, and not being biased at all.... He surely deserves the credit. I hardly ever use to thumb him up, but lately Mxzy is ok know..
42. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He will be unbiased for just a few times, and after that he will change back to an annoying Apple clown. If you say something bad about Apple, he will get butthurt and call you a troll. Better not take him seriously, really. Many of us here know Mxy is one of the biggest troll in PA. His knees must be really sore.
I wonder how much does Apple pay him for trolling in articles.
48. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Pretty much your entire comment can be applied to yourself right now.
49. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Notice how he doesn't call himself an Android fanboy even though he has an Android avatar eating an apple.
50. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And notice how he's the first one to bring up the iPhone.
13. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yet it's still the best selling phone in the world.
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
True that, but it's getting taller and taller.
21. plary122 (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
You're saying it like it's a bad thing. Plus the iPhone changed it's design only once. Just sayin'.
23. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Don't worry, his routine is getting staler and staler.
33. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Okay, whatever you say, Apple fanboy.
28. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
True, but i hope the iP6 will not get any taller, cause it's a nice looking device, and looks much better than iP4. The iP5 should have less bezels on the top and the bottom, so it would've looked less taller.
43. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
You lost all credibility when you supported Mxy dude just saying...
46. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Come on Whoyton, Mxzy is ok sometimes, give the guy the credit. It's the Fandroids that kick of iOs and Wp usersso much by insulting them and degrading them orelse i don't see iUsers and Wp users kicking of for no reasons.
Yes Mxzy is a Apple fan, but sometimes he is unbiased and normall
I support honest and truthfull wise posts, not "Fanboys"
61. reckless562 (Posts: 769; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
at least windows phone users still have some microsoft usability in their phones. like when i had a samsung omnia, it was suposed to be an iphone KILLER, but it didnt have enough ram and the lack of DEVELOPER side murderd it in the crib. but at least its camera was Still better than the iphones at the time. Iphones are jus TOYS!!!! they dont DO anything, save the camera! y cant users like Mxzy understand this???
using a GS2 runing 4.1.2 unrooted on sprint Wimax in Socal, so YES i have service
9. majp89 (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Fortunately, there's the Z1 Compact, but whether or not it will be released on any of the major US carriers is to be disclosed.
14. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Well if the article PA posted is any indication as to what Sony has planned for the US, then I think you will see it in the near future. Or newer better Sony devices on more major US carriers besides T-Mobile. How else are they going sell 80 millions devices by 2015 in the US?
37. nokia12 (Posts: 324; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
80 million worldwide not USA .. but yes they have Changed their stratergy and will likely offer on more carriers this year..
18. aditya.k (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Galaxy S5 Mini 4.8 inch 1080p display! XD
32. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, 4.8 inch screen , a mini? that is crazy - my wife has the s3 mini and - same size as an iphone 5...
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6463; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And gets better and better. Love the higher resolution
2. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
New build design and new UI design = success! Not rocket science sammy
3. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 202; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Much phone. So specs. Very Samsung. Wow
4. nctx77 (Posts: 504; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Why are they making it bigger? 5 inch was perfect. Leave the big screen stuff to the note. The bezels can't get any thinner, so this device will definitely be bigger. Sammy is starting to have to much of a good thing. I guess they feel no one would buy it if the screen isn't larger.
15. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure it's going to have dimensions almost identical to the G2, which is barely larger than the S4 to begin with. This is Samsung we're talking about.
22. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Bezels can get thinner.
5. PorkyBurger (Posts: 222; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Not the Zoom. Really? I don't see the use of that phone, wao.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wao, S5 with a big boob. Yup, that's the S5 Zoom. Wao.
62. reckless562 (Posts: 769; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
to ZOOOM ZOOM ZOOM and then BOOM BOOM fool !!!
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5436; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like the Magazine UX on the TabPRO, but I don't think it will be on the Galaxy S5 or other Galaxy phones because it's not suitable for a phone IMO. I think Samsung phones will have the another new UI.
Btw, S5 Zoom? Not again.
11. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 822; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Is this a joke? 150 euros/dollars for a metal shell, if it warrants a 150 euro increase in price it better come with more memory or better hardware than the normal S5.
19. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Arm Corrtex A57 Quadcore at 3.0 Ghz, 22Nm
Or iNtel BayTrail at 2.5Ghz
20. Teja171 (unregistered)
Best screen size is 5.0 "
54. vampyren (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
For you there is note4, if the trend continues soon S6 will be note size and i'm pretty sure the majority of people wont buy it, already i know many complain about the size of S4 so i dare to say you are minority. Just compare how many S4 were sold compared to notes3 .....
29. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Let's hope Samsung do there thing by making screen bigger but keeping device size same. Personally would prefer if they keep it 5" and make the device smaller also at that size I would rather keep the same 1080p that has 440ppi and get better battery life.
31. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Agree, anything over a 5inch is to big.
Looks like it will be a 5.2inch screen like the LG2....?
39. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
For me it's not the screen size that makes a device big but bezel size.. As I suspect they will keep the s5 same size as the s4 by slimming the bezel. I remember I said I didn't want anything bigger than 4.8" with the s3 but then the s4 came with 5" in a tad smaller body and I 5" became the usable size though as I said it's more of the device size . example the Sony z1 is 5" but due to the bezel size it is quite a bit bigger than the s4. My point was I don't mind the 5.2".screen if it's in the same device size as the s4 but I would much rather have the same 5" in a device with smaller bezels and being smaller overall. I personally no longer measure the size of a device based on screen estate alone as bezel sizes have made certain devices smaller or larger depending on the bezels.
38. cR203 (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Great news for the s5. I look forward to seeing it. I also hope samsung gives us a sequel to the galaxy mega 6.3 with an amoled display and a quad or hexa core cpu.
45. tarek1980 (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I hope the Galaxy S5 mini will be like the Sony Z1 compact full featured with smaller size ...I really hate big screen smartphone and if I want that I will buy a phablet or Note.
47. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Man these phones are coming out way to fast. My S4 is still in mint condition and runs like a champ. I think I'll wait for the S6 because we all know that it will be here before we know it. Plus I just got the PS4 so ill be busy for a while anyway...
51. Valoni (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
Will they have the same preferences to two models that are not logical looks after 150$ (150€) difference from each other.
52. jphillips63 (Posts: 174; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If Samsung does increase there prices they need to add better quality, things such as better speakers, a must is a radio inside that actually equals the moto phones and how about something besides a plastic shell?
53. Topcat488 (Posts: 1148; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
650 euros = $885.18
850 euros = $1,160.16
This is todays rate exchange from euros to dollars... Sooooo happy to be back in the good ole US of A!!! Oh yeah, and the "GAS" prices is another reason i'm glad to be back. :)
55. mokobey (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Jan 2014)
no Galaxy S5s, Galaxy S5 active, Galaxy S5 lite, Galaxy S5 neo?