Samsung strikes again at Apple fanboys with another Galaxy S II ad
61. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
VZW has none of the blame. They have never said when they intend to launch the phone. blame the rumor mill for dragging 300000 launch dates through the mud without proof.
37. dakim (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i just got back from vzw, i was told it will be released 15th. i got tired of waiting so i was gona get the razr or 4s. but she told me she is also waiting for the nexus and that it will be available on the 15th. they already have the dummy phone for display and other display stuff. getting impatient..15th or im out! lol
38. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I called this morning and they wouldn't tell me anything.
My friend works at VZW and says they have the phones in store (I was quite jealous she was playing with one while talking to me on the phone) but aren't allowed to sell them.
She said they haven't given any dates yet and apparently when VZW approves a release date an email will be sent out (at least that's what she said happened with the Rezound).
I'm just waiting for her to tell me she's received the email...
71. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Dont believe the rep. They only know what they read on sites like these. When VZW is ready to tell the reps, they will also tell the world. Thats pretty much how all american cell companies operate.
Reps dont know any more than this site does.
90. dakim (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
she kept saying wait another week, just one more week. i got tired of waiting. i went to bestbuy. they have it in stock. he just smiled back when i asked if it was going to be released next week. meanwhile, i got the 4s to use till release, my og droid needed to retire.
23. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
In two years from now, ZTE or Huawei or another low-cost producer will make fun of Samsung while they take share from Samsung. What goes around comes around and these OEMs are going to do the same thing that Samsung did to other companies. Nothing like android OEMs eating themselves.
31. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
The same thing that Samsung did to other companies? You mean sue them and try to ban their products for ridiculous reasons? Oh wait, that was Apple.
So you must be talking about releasing ads that very clearly makes fun of the other companies products. Oh wait, Apple did that first too.
49. Sniggly (Posts: 6774; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Maybe that'll happen once all 6 billion people in the world have a smartphone. However, the market isn't even close to saturated yet. Remember, it took three decades for the cell phone market in the US to become saturated, and people still need new phones every few years, unlike the frequency of their need for new carriers.
60. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Except this ad mostly emphasizes the features of ANDROID... Nothing to do with Samsung really.
64. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
anyone ever tell you ardent, that you are like the most negative person.. ever?
Your right, what goes around.. comes around. Apple is reaping what they sow. They started the "im going to ban you for taking my marketshare" wars, and now Moto might be turning them on their heads.. Apple spent years making fun of MS with their "im a mac" commercials, and now samsung is turning that on their heads.
Instead of being a jerk all the time.. why not just say "well, there was at least some honesty and a little giggle there".. or.. not say anything at all. :)
70. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
So, ardent, you missed all the "I am an Apple, and I am a PC" commercials?
These are funny, effective ads. And yes I would say that if it was an Apple add.....
92. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
thats the game....go along with it or play fire with fire, thats business...
2. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
sammy rules over all :D just another 6-7-8 possibly 9 months and the sgs3 will release :D i dont give a d*mn if it gsm or not (i usually use CDMA) ill use it on just wifi :D i want my silky smooth HD quadcore awesomeness
3. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I feel sorry for Samsung, just because they cant fight back on those lawsuits, they are doing commercials to make fun of Apple and its fans. What a loser.
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
havent you noticed that samsung has won some of those lawsuits?
65. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, except for that ban in germany which samsung is still appealing, i think they have won..ALL of the lawsuits apple has thrown at them. :) And since Samsung did that slight redesign of the G-Tab, that german ban doesnt really even apply anymore, does it?
80. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Maybe it's because in lawsuits it is much harder to attack then defend.
After all everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
That is why Samsung lost too when attacking Apple.
6. sinple (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
but samsung was just pointing out facts for people who thinks that IOS has everything that no other phone is able to offer
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
the galaxy s2 has the smoothness of ios combined with the functionality of android. samsung doesnt make these commercials to fight back or make fun of apple customers they do it because they CAN
10. Stuffies12 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
I feel sorry for Apple. They don't want to compete in the tech market fairly so they start suing other companies to take out the competition. Ironically, its these companies that supply the hardware components of Apple's products...
And the lawsuits are ridiculous anyway. In one case Apple is asking Samsung to make a tablet by not putting on essential features found on every tablet to avoid further lawsuits. Its like saying 'You can make a computer so long as it doesn't need a screen'. Pathetic Apple.
11. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
they give samsung so many restrictions its impossible to make a quality product or a product at all i mean what is samsung supposed to do make a triangle shaped sgs3? how retarded would that be
17. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Doesn´t remind you of a certain Mac vs PC?
The hypocrisy is strong on this one.
18. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
They don't have to fight back. Common sense combined with judges are doing it for them.
21. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Common sense like how your dad won't fight back to protect his patents when another company infringe's on your dad's patents?
26. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
If my dad's patent is on a box, then yeah. Common sense like that.
You are really going to argue this? Did you read the article about what Apple's recommendations to Samsung were? Yeah, they were absolutely ridiculous.
19. Synack (Posts: 663; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Funny how Samsung is winning most of the lawsuits
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I bet you're featured in this ad.
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1570; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you're an iDiot. Apple does the same damn thing it's called marketing jacka**
34. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I invite you to check recent news about Apple Samsung lawsuits. You might be surprise.
7. mills0806 (Posts: 37; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
I think the commercials are funny. Remember back years ago Apple use to make that imac vs pc commercial so Apple should just laugh it off.
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
ahh you got to love samsung....they are not making anything up
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 10505; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I have a 4S,and I'm more of an iOS guy than android,but these commercials r hella funny. My next phone will b the skyrocket too!
15. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
and there it goes: Sammy goes for another bite or should i say a big CHOMP at Apple!!
go go go SAMMY!!!!!!!
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 10505; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsung should put shabby parts,and a few gremlins in the next iPhone since they supply all the parts. Wait a minute that actually makes the iPhone a samsung device. The samsung galaxy iPhone 4S 2 lmao.
20. Synack (Posts: 663; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
As of this year Samsung won't be making anything for Apple anymore
24. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
heard apple turned to sony
now they have to deal with the japanese warrior instead of koreans
see how that will turn out
35. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Samsung just got recently a new contract with Apple to keep making their future chips for iPads and iPhones. So yes Samsung still and it will still be making stuff for Apple.
28. prdmshrl (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Don't be surprised if apple asked Samsung to stop this commercial since you can see graphic designs hanging from the window that obviously belong to the Apple iPhone. Samsung might be sued for patent infringement. LOL
56. sgogeta4 (Posts: 391; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Because they're retarded and like to waste money?
30. 1701nino (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
That's pathetic, who would want to buy a plasticky samsung phone.
32. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I'd rather have a phone made from plastic than a phone made from glass...
93. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
If you ever have champagne I know now you will prefer to drink it on a Circle K cup...they are durable and made of plastic... dumba**...
40. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
guess you have not seen the s2 vs 4s dropped test...want to bet which one fared better
42. antifanboy (banned) (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
You can get plastic cups vs nice glass ones. I guess if you live in a trailer plastic will do.
45. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1570; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
how about a car made of glass since its sooooo much better than plastic....dumbass
50. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well plastic cups dont shatter if you drop them just once do they
52. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
If I'm gonna have to carry on my pocket every day and use that cup all the time, give me some plastic ones!
My crystal cups stay inside my cabinet and are never used.
94. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Of course u only have your drunken friends over... I see why now
62. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, because that analogy works in this scenario.
Oh f**k, no it doesn't.
95. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Then compare your cheap a** phone made of plastic... to the iphone..
67. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sounds like a Taco arguement right there. Can we get an IP check, isle 5 please?